Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ASUgrad1999

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
Magnets. The limitless 3.0 has magnets that allow for magnetic mounts and wallets to work. Qi charging still works when these things are not attached to the back. Aside from these two things they’re almost identical I believe.

The contour has a more rounded back and the leather one I got has bigger grain than the leather on my limitless for my 10SMax. I’m really liking the contour but they are both very similar.

Reactions: sabesh

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
Here are the pics of my Mous Contour. I had the limitless for my 10sMax but I liked the rounded look of this one for a change. For me it feels better in the had and the leather actually feels like leather but the sides and the front feel exactly the same, except the buttons feel more spongy.

I also received the contour case in black leather. Very slippery but I’m sure once the leather wears a bit it will be better. So is the difference between the contour and the limitless 3.0 only the magnets? I’m debating

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
I also received the contour case in black leather. Very slippery but I’m sure once the leather wears a bit it will be better. So is the difference between the contour and the limitless 3.0 only the magnets? I’m debating

Noooo don’t say it’s slippery. Dang it. Well I guess I’ll see for myself. I got the speckled leather since it supposedly has some texture. Found this review on YouTube.

Reactions: AE14

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
First time using a Mous case and I am somewhat excited as it slim and supposedly protects from drops etc but as I was looking at reviews on Amazon it seems a lot of people have shattered the back of their phones with these cases. I get that can happen with any case but anyone use these cases prior that can speak to the durability?

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The Mous Contour looks great, actually pretty similar to the Nomad Rugged. Also a rounded back, partly leather, drop protection... I wonder how these compare.

Has any bought both? If so, how do these two compare?

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
The Mous Contour looks great, actually pretty similar to the Nomad Rugged. Also a rounded back, partly leather, drop protection... I wonder how these compare.

Has any bought both? If so, how do these two compare?

That’s actually a really good question. I had the Nomad but the Folio and I loved it. I’m going non folio this time around but haven’t given Nomad a try yet.

Reactions: TNThomas

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
That’s actually a really good question. I had the Nomad but the Folio and I loved it. I’m going non folio this time around but haven’t given Nomad a try yet.
As all of us, I bought way too many cases over the last two years for my X. I kept going back to my Nomad Rugged... So I sold all other cases, but this Contour looks very interesting! Let me know if you end up getting both. ;)

Reactions: Jaggrey

warlun

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Hong Kong
I think I got a bit too excited and got myself a few cases... from left to right, the Mous limitless 3.0 (Aramid Fiber), Spigen Ultra Hybrid (black), Castify (Camo), and a Power Support Air Jacket (black) aswell.

Attachments

• D4C55D7B-550B-483C-BCC0-3FD8A509C6E1.jpeg
    D4C55D7B-550B-483C-BCC0-3FD8A509C6E1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 412

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I think I got a bit too excited and got myself a few cases... from left to right, the Mous limitless 3.0 (Aramid Fiber), Spigen Ultra Hybrid (black), Castify (Camo), and a Power Support Air Jacket (black) aswell.

How’s that Power Support? Keep debating their clear one as it’s been years since I’ve had one but... feel like their must be a reason lol. More pics?

warlun

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
Hong Kong
How’s that Power Support? Keep debating their clear one as it’s been years since I’ve had one but... feel like their must be a reason lol. More pics?

The Power Support is ok, I regret choosing the black and not the smoked clear one though.
I think they’ve lost a bit of their ‘lustre’ over the past years,expensive case for what it is. There are equal or better alternatives for thin cases, the camera cutout is very shallow, and the exposed buttons are not too cool either.
I bought it on a whim really, having been a fan of them with the iPhone 6 generation.

Attachments

• 8C2C581D-47F0-4D0E-B8C6-588C92D90ED9.jpeg
    8C2C581D-47F0-4D0E-B8C6-588C92D90ED9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 194
  • 978DE48E-B8FB-40BE-9757-284C13A4C200.jpeg
    978DE48E-B8FB-40BE-9757-284C13A4C200.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 229
  • D0CB8329-3D25-47E0-AC14-951580406BE0.jpeg
    D0CB8329-3D25-47E0-AC14-951580406BE0.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
Contour leather case is going back to amazon for refund. Case is too slippery and after reading reviews online I don’t think this case will protect the phone as advertised.

Matteo[V]

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2016
Italy
I had a red silicone on my 6 and it looked great. I’ve now ordered a ProductRed 11 and am now thinking do I return it and buy a black one instead?
Or will a silicone case for the 11 hide ALL of the red? In which case, that’s a result.

I’m agreed with you... red phone doesn’t match with product(red) ... the best solution for me it’s black cover ...

Reactions: scouser75

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Contour leather case is going back to amazon for refund. Case is too slippery and after reading reviews online I don’t think this case will protect the phone as advertised.

Doesn’t sound promising. What reviews have you seen? My wife has had her XS in a Limitless 2.0 for the past year and drops her phone all the time. Still going.

TitleistGolfer

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2015
Doesn’t sound promising. What reviews have you seen? My wife has had her XS in a Limitless 2.0 for the past year and drops her phone all the time. Still going.
Reviews on Amazon and twitter. I guess it is me trusting my phone in case I haven’t heard of or had before but the reviews seemed underwhelmed. Not sure what to do know. In month I’m sure I won’t be so sensitive with the new phone

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Reviews on Amazon and twitter. I guess it is me trusting my phone in case I haven’t heard of or had before but the reviews seemed underwhelmed. Not sure what to do know. In month I’m sure I won’t be so sensitive with the new phone
I know I praise the case a lot, but maybe try the Nomad Rugged. Looks very similar to the Contour on paper, but Nomad actually states 6ft of drop protection. Mous doesn’t state any height, they just say “wow, amazing drop protection”. My Nomad Rugged has been on my X for 2 years and saved my phone a lot of times!

Reactions: aella and AE14

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Do you have the rugged active or horween leather?
Horween! It wears beautifully, but scratches easily, which I like. That’s what real leather does. The Active will smell and feel a bit different than Horween leather according to Youtube reviews, like:

However, it might be better if you will get it wet often.

Reactions: TechnicallyTee

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I’m agreed with you... red phone doesn’t match with product(red) ... the best solution for me it’s black cover ...

I’m thinking I keep the product red and buy a totally clear case. Then wait for a dark red silicone case to be released. That would look great with the product red combo. Or even a bright blue silicone case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.