Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I want to get the clear case as I'm getting Midnight green which looks so cool I wanna show it off a bit, but is the Apple one at $40 that much better than say Spigen at $14? Seems like a crazy difference. Previously I had gone Leather so I didn't mind spending more, but this seems like a wide difference for plastic.

That's the problem with these long combined threads... no one goes back and reads and answers legitimate questions...

I wonder the same thing... not just with spigen for other clear ones, too. I mean I know the apple leather worked well for me the last 2 phones.... but this year I want clear. Not a fan of apples open bottom. I also want matte and it appears spigen and others are all shiny. Haven't been able to get an answer on if the apple one is matte like the phones....

I'm torn. I ordered a cheapy from amazon for immediate use and the clear from apple (not shipping til later since I waited.)
[doublepost=1568394428][/doublepost]
specifically the black silicone as it shows so much dust and lint

if you are concerned about dust and lint then even moreso I would say leather... I never have issues with lint with my apple leather... just some dirt when I use the phone at the range with my dirty hands! lol! but it cleans off! (the dirty hands were more of a problem with my pretty pink case on my X.... but with black you don't have to worry about dirt or dust/lint with leather!)

Last edited:
Reactions: IamScotty and AE14

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
What case will you drop on the Midnight Green pro? I’m going with a saddle brown leather Apple case. It has a very outdoorsy Eddie Vibe to it. Especially when the saddle brown develops a deep rich patina. It’ll look great against that green.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
I haven't ordered a case yet for my Midnight Green 11 Pro, but I intend in getting a nice sturdy clear case when it comes in.

No use in getting the nice new Midnight Green and then just hide it behind a different color case.

Cold_Beaver

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2019
I found a clear case on amazon I’ll try out. If I like it I’ll stick with it for a while. I originally had one similar to what’s on my now but I want to see the color

Reactions: michial

xthine

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2015
USA
I haven't had any problems with the Incipio Reprieve for my X, have dropped in a number of times even on the trails (very rocky terrain) and phone still seems okay.
So this time I will be an Incipio Aerolite (Clear), looks light and is supposed to be sturdy.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
What case will you drop on the Midnight Green pro? I’m going with a saddle brown leather Apple case. It has a very outdoorsy Eddie Vibe to it. Especially when the saddle brown develops a deep rich patina. It’ll look great against that green.

Against what green? The small green space around the camera lenses because that's all you'll see with that case on the phone.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN. I too ordered the saddle brown leather Apple case (due to arrive today).

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I usually buy a pouch for the phone so it’s protected from scratches in my pocket but still get to use it caseless (obviously doesn’t help if I drop it, but that hasn’t happened yet...).

Had a Knomo one for my XS Max and a Adore June one for my X, both in red. Looking for something a bit darker to complement the midnight green. In fact I would like a similar colour pouch to the phone, but haven’t found one yet.

Reactions: oneteam and michial

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I like D-Tech cases (buy them at Disney). Will see what they have in their clear designs next time I go. Currently have the clear 3D Minnie design on my rose gold Xs Max.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
97237C86-09CB-4401-B355-FFBAEB033AFB.jpeg

aFlockaCgulz

Suspended
Aug 21, 2019
Ordered an Otterbox Commuter from Best Buy this AM and already got a shipping notice.

This year, for once, I’ll have a case ready to go when the phone arrives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.