Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Going with leather forest green this time. I’ve always gone leather, either midnight blue or saddle brown, so thought I should change things up a bit this year. The forest green seems like it will go well with the slight green visible through the camera cutout. And it’s already quite a dark shade, so how much worse can it look after a few months eh?

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Naked all day for me. What's the point of getting the Midnight Green if you're not going to show it off or enjoy the beauty unless you went clear.

When you put it that way, maybe it could be worth considering the clear case. I’m only worried about how well it resists yellowing.

JM91Six

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2019
What case will you drop on the Midnight Green pro? I’m going with a saddle brown leather Apple case. It has a very outdoorsy Eddie Vibe to it. Especially when the saddle brown develops a deep rich patina. It’ll look great against that green.

I bought the leather one because It was in the moment.... bought this clear liquid case but i usually just get a clear skin and rock it without a case. So probably careless even after all the purchases

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
I want an Apple Clear Case... will they have them in store day one? The launch ones are sold out until later in the month online

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
I think it’s gonna be this one for my midnight green pro max
4232F57F-2A6D-489C-A730-562854DFDD2E.jpeg

McPhallus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Couldn’t have asked for a clearer response - thank you.

That’s actually not correct. TPU cases will turn brown or green because the rubber starts to oxidize as soon as you put them on. You can see this process happening after only a few months. They get really ugly over time.

I tried using a Spigen TPU clear case that was supposedly immune to discoloration on my XS Max, but it started to turn after a few months.

Hard plastic cases, however, do not discolor. They do get scratched, though, which I why I always buy the ultra thin ones from eBay (usually half a dozen or so for about a dollar each) and swap them out as needed.

Reactions: Mr.C and SMacDuff

EdMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2011
Michigan
Clear would make sense to me. I thought about the green but went with SG and will put a green case on it. No point in getting green to me if I was going to cover it up with a case. Clear cases always get scratched up.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
That’s actually not correct. TPU cases will turn brown or green because the rubber starts to oxidize as soon as you put them on. You can see this process happening after only a few months. They get really ugly over time.

I tried using a Spigen TPU clear case that was supposedly immune to discoloration on my XS Max, but it started to turn after a few months.

Hard plastic cases, however, do not discolor. They do get scratched, though, which I why I always buy the ultra thin ones from eBay (usually half a dozen or so for about a dollar each) and swap them out as needed.

That is very useful to know - thank you. Also, I was under the impression that the Apple clear case was soft plastic - don't really prefer hard plastic cases.

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
I go caseless most of the time. With my Xs max, I’ve been using the forest green leather case occasionally. It’s a beauty. But I dint want to repeat the same one with the midnight green 11 pro max. So I think I’ll go for the ‘Donker Citroen’ as it’s called in Dutch...
A740EE59-C595-405B-AD3D-89FB0706A3E6.jpeg

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
I go caseless most of the time. With my Xs max, I’ve been using the forest green leather case occasionally. It’s a beauty. But I dint want to repeat the same one with the midnight green 11 pro max. So I think I’ll go for the ‘Donker Citroen’ as it’s called in Dutch...
View attachment 858132

Wow, that does look good! I'm afraid the yellow will age terribly though!

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Maybe I'm minority but I ordered a Black Speck Grip; needed something to show up with phone and I know it's a good solid choice

Reactions: AE14

Steve28

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
I go commando. Have since apple moved away from plastic backs... so the 4?

I have AppleCare+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.