Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SFoxx91

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
I wonder how the clear or matte finish cases are going to look with the iPhone 11 Pro being a matte finish itself.

kty39

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2019
Debating between the Pitaka Magcase Pro, Caudabe Sheath, or the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. What do you guys think?

LLL1424

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2005
Washington, D.C.
Caudabe Synthesis Gray. Good choice?

Attachments

• DFF888B1-8AB2-492D-B92F-6964DA7EAFDB.jpeg
    DFF888B1-8AB2-492D-B92F-6964DA7EAFDB.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 246

nvarsj

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Apple leather cases are very thin.
You think so? I’ve always gotten the leather cases but they seem to substantially bulk up the phone. I’m considering a third party case this time around as I’m going to try the max and want to keep case bulk to the minimum.

Reactions: valinda

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
s-l640.jpg

Going to go with this I think. Hopefully is a nice complement to the midnight green.

These types of sleeves are such pain because there’s no place to hold the phone while trying to drag out. I’ve bought many and have returned. Major issues if you use public transport.

Reactions: caligurl

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Bought a basic clear silicone case for the first few weeks (Purple 11).

Has anyone tried the Elago silicone cases on Amazon? Would be grateful for an opinion as to quality.

Normally buy an Apple leather or silicone case every year, but as they've apparently decided not to make any for the 11...

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
Think I will try this cheapo till some good ones com available.

Otter box back in the day had something like this, I had it for my iPhone 6 and they don’t make it anymore. I wish they still made it. I use a portfolio one and I’m just not a fan of it. I hate carrying wallets too.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
These types of sleeves are such pain because there’s no place to hold the phone while trying to drag out. I’ve bought many and have returned. Major issues if you use public transport.
I used a very similar one for my X. It's alright, there's plenty of space to be able to get the phone out. I've used sleeves on every phone I've owned. They are a compromise, but one that I like as it means the phone's protected on the go but I can still use it caseless.

Selcher

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2017
Canada
I wonder how the scratching is?

I have one on my Gold XS Max for the last year and I work in a mining construction environment... there are signs of use but I'm hard on the case... the edges have raised bits so the front is perfect and the camera lens' are always protected because the corners are raised a slight but on both sides... best case I've ever used...

The phone is pristine like the moment it came out of the box though... which is the main thing

Reactions: vito and AE14

JTausTX

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Otter box back in the day had something like this, I had it for my iPhone 6 and they don’t make it anymore. I wish they still made it. I use a portfolio one and I’m just not a fan of it. I hate carrying wallets too.
I have been using a Spigen Slim Armor wallet case on my 8 Plus for two years and love it. The Max Plus is backordered right now but I’m definitely getting it again. Spigen Slim Armor CS Designed for Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Case (2019) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T5XTSWP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AtqFDbRNT9TA4

Reactions: Mr. Heckles

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I used a very similar one for my X. It's alright, there's plenty of space to be able to get the phone out. I've used sleeves on every phone I've owned. They are a compromise, but one that I like as it means the phone's protected on the go but I can still use it caseless.

I am the same. Had a solid leather sleeve for my iPhone 6 but since then it has been a struggle for me to find a really good one for the plus / max models. This year I’ve gone back to the traditional smaller size. I’m hoping the sleeve I used for the 6 will fit the new 5.8 inch Pro. Fingers crossed

iPhone 6 -
Height - 5.44 inches
Width - 2.64 inches

iPhone 11 Pro -
Height - 5.67 inches
Width - 2.81 inches

If it doesn’t fit the existing sleeve then I’ll just rock it naked with screen protectors on the front and back glass panel.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.