Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
The Rhinoshield SolidSuit arrived on Friday (gotta love Amazon Prime), so I’ve been giving it a test drive over the weekend. I like it way more than the tech21, as it doesn’t attract fingerprints at all. The buttons have the same satisfying click as the ones on the Evo Check. This case is definitely a keeper.

Reactions: AE14 and nrvous1

sabesh

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Did you see it at a store?
Yeah, played around with it for a while at a store.
[automerge]1574031343[/automerge]
No, but it's still in my Amazon cart.
[automerge]1573948533[/automerge]

The Civilian is no more slippery than the Otterbox Symmetry and IMO is a fantastic case.
Yeah, not a fan of the Symmetry either. Returned it. Only the upper part of the sides are somewhat grippy. If the phone is lying on it's screen, I found it hard to pick it up as the bottom part of the sides and back are slippery.

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
The Rhinoshield SolidSuit arrived on Friday (gotta love Amazon Prime), so I’ve been giving it a test drive over the weekend. I like it way more than the tech21, as it doesn’t attract fingerprints at all. The buttons have the same satisfying click as the ones on the Evo Check. This case is definitely a keeper.
Which color combo did you get? I’m thinking of trying one out myself.

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I just got the Otter+Pop Defender case for my 11 Pro Max. I’m loving the colors!!
AF7FF8BE-812D-40FD-9FC8-F0D86B76370B.jpeg

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Which color combo did you get? I’m thinking of trying one out myself.

I was originally planning on ordering it directly from Rhinoshield and getting the green buttons, but Amazon had the case for $5 less, albeit only with black buttons and no option to order additional buttons in other colors. Since I live in an area where Amazon does next day delivery for Prime members, I decided to go with Amazon.

I definitely recommend this case. It’ll definitely protect your phone and look great while doing it.

Reactions: nrvous1

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015

The solid suit is my favorite case of all time. I've tried a LOT of other cases and keep coming back to this one.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Yeah, played around with it for a while at a store.
[automerge]1574031343[/automerge]

Yeah, not a fan of the Symmetry either. Returned it. Only the upper part of the sides are somewhat grippy. If the phone is lying on it's screen, I found it hard to pick it up as the bottom part of the sides and back are slippery.

Not seeing that myself, sides have good grip, back is smooth but slides good on a table, nothing sticks to it and doesn't show fingerprints.
If you think its slippery don't buy a pathfinder.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I'm looking for a new iPhone 11 Pro Max case...............any suggestions ?

Was thinking Nomad Rugged or Active but the bottom cutouts make me ?

Reactions: blaine07

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019

Was thinking Nomad Rugged or Active but the bottom cutouts make me ?

Will see on Friday, i am getting black with SG phone so probably won't matter to me, maybe with silver would stand out more. I went rugged for the better leather and a bit slimmer to from YT reviews.

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA

Was thinking Nomad Rugged or Active but the bottom cutouts make me

I used the Nomad Active on my 11 Pro. Not a fan of the button tactility. Maybe it was just my case, but there was little tactile response, especially for the sleep/wake button.

Reactions: Hooterville

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I used the Nomad Active on my 11 Pro. Not a fan of the button tactility. Maybe it was just my case, but there was little tactile response, especially for the sleep/wake button.

Yeah i returned a active for that reason, hoping the rugged is better, my Xr rugged was good and my wife has a XR folio which is good.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Just ordered the nomad rugged with expedited shipping. I dropped my 11 pro this morning from about knee height onto asphalt and there is a nice gouge at the bottom stainless steel part on the far right side of the charging port where the Apple leather case does not protect. This is my fault and I learned my lesson. While the apple case protected the rest of the phone’s corners, the unprotected bottom portion is now slightly damaged. To bad, I really love this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonnyXMX

muddychicken

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2019
Thinking of selling my Mous Contour Black Leather case for $25 shipped if anyone is interested. I have too many cases and this one has barely been used. I see it's currently on sale on their site for $39.99. Let me know if anyone is interested

edit: iPhone 11 pro
. IMG_0401.JPEG IMG_0400.JPEG

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Thinking of selling my Mous Contour Black Leather case for $25 shipped if anyone is interested. I have too many cases and this one has barely been used. I see it's currently on sale on their site for $39.99. Let me know if anyone is interested
. View attachment 878238 View attachment 878237
That’s a good deal. I’m going to have to use mine until my nomad gets here Friday.
[automerge]1574278852[/automerge]
Appreciate it!
I just slapped the brown leather contour case back on my phone and the bottom sag hasn’t returned since heating the bottom and forcing it into place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta0jin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.