Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
No. No bend. The buttons are still garbage, but for $15, its worth it. Totally honest- my presidio grip is better imo.
You guys have convinced me to give my contour another try. You’re right though, the buttons are still trash. I’m going to order a different speck case since I like how clicky their buttons are.

Reactions: AE14

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
I have seen the Speck Presidio Pro mentioned lately. For those that have it, how would you compare the thickness (bulk) to the Apple Silicone cases? The Apple cases are about the perfect thickness to me.

Thanks.

devindjs411

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2015
Think I’m getting a little carried away. ?

Attachments

• 85835A9D-9579-4CC6-8335-6DDBB352E483.jpeg
    85835A9D-9579-4CC6-8335-6DDBB352E483.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 144

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Just received my replacement UAG Civilian case and the orange borders are turning black too!

Yeah, the discoloration of the orange bits on mine has gotten much worse. It’s unlike UAG to release a product that isn’t fully tested. Pretty disappointing.

I’ve moved back to the black Otterbox Symmetry as my daily, which is a more refined case. The fit is very good and it’s my favorite among a dozen or so cases I’ve tried on the 11 Pro Max.

SteveJobbinIt

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2017
USA
Bullstrap Leather Case.
Love that the leather isn't completely smooth like the yellow Apple case.
(hint: Bullstrap emailed a 10% off coupon after I added the case to the cart and left the site for a while)

View attachment 877393
View attachment 877395

that color is gorgeous! My only concern is that these are basically the $2 AliExpress Apple leather cases with the bullstrap branding. Would you say the leather feels more durable than the apple leather case or more or less the same thing?

runlsd

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2009
that color is gorgeous! My only concern is that these are basically the $2 AliExpress Apple leather cases with the bullstrap branding. Would you say the leather feels more durable than the apple leather case or more or less the same thing?

Feels durable, yeah. I guess time will tell. The case is well built and fits perfectly. Grip feels less slippery than the yellow Apple case I had. I prefer the texture of leather on the Bullstrap case .

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Still no response from Mous on the additional 15% off my order from yesterday. They’re usually really good about responding in just a few hours, but I’m sure they’re swamped with Black Friday orders.
[automerge]1574786947[/automerge]
Yeah, the discoloration of the orange bits on mine has gotten much worse. It’s unlike UAG to release a product that isn’t fully tested. Pretty disappointing.

I’ve moved back to the black Otterbox Symmetry as my daily, which is a more refined case. The fit is very good and it’s my favorite among a dozen or so cases I’ve tried on the 11 Pro Max.
I’m going to be returning my Speck stay clear this weekend and I’ll pick another symmetry. Can’t beat the fit and buttons on that case.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
My Blue Contour started wearing in one of the corners. The blue part started to rub off. The colored top layer is pretty thin and a black fabric type material is below.

I sent Mous pics and had a new case in 4 days.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
My Blue Contour started wearing in one of the corners. The blue part started to rub off. The colored top layer is pretty thin and a black fabric type material is below.

I sent Mous pics and had a new case in 4 days.
Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be a problem with some of the Mous cases.

Reactions: Jaggrey

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Doubt Aaron he would use it everyday for a month to find out.

I really want the Apple Leather folio but $199 here, had one for my X was great for travelling got it cheap off ebay.

Megapickle

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2018
I’ve been using the Mous Contour with the black speckled back for about 3 weeks. So far no peeling issues. Fingers crossed!

Haven’t felt any of the other colors in person, but I heard the back material has a different texture depending on the color. With black supposedly being the grippiest.

I can vouch for the excellent grip. With my dry, slippery hands, this is one of the few cases that I can one-hand with confidence.

Due to the grip, relative slimness and drop protection, this has to be one of my all-time favorite cases. Just hoping the materials hold up over time.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
So is the Otterbox Defender Pro for the 11 Pro Max going to be $20.00 at WalMart on Black Friday?
In their ad it says Defender Pro for iPhone 6-11 all models $20.00
Wonder if this includes the Max?

trmiv

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
Anyone else have the Evutec Karbon for the 11 Pro Max? I bought one a a few weeks ago and so far I’m so disappointed compared to the same case I had for my XS Max. every time I grip the phone I can feel the sides squishing in and sliding. Really poor side fit.

Reactions: Jaggrey

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Anyone else have the Evutec Karbon for the 11 Pro Max? I bought one a a few weeks ago and so far I’m so disappointed compared to the same case I had for my XS Max. every time I grip the phone I can feel the sides squishing in and sliding. Really poor side fit.

There's been others in this thread somewhere with same issue, i have a XR one and no problem like that.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Glad I didn't buy this one.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Lol @ Mous’ response to my email about the possible discount code that Aaron posted.

“Hi xxxx,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enter your discount at checkout.

I'm afraid we are not able to add the discount post-purchase, and that your order has already been dispatched, which means it is no longer possible to edit or cancel it.

We appreciate your understanding here, and just let me know if you need any help. :)

Best regards,

Adam
Customer Experience Advisor
Mous Products Ltd.”

A few minutes later I received a pre-shipment email and still no new movement as far as my case being shipped. Almost feel like Mous doesn’t want to make an exception for modification of an order. It’sno biggy, I’ll just send the case back for a full refund once it gets here.

Reactions: blaine07
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.