Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Brown Cactus with the aluminum camera protector thinga ma jiggy on the phone o_O I'm still tempted to stick another one of these lens protectors back on my phone :confused: This is just a loose one I use for pictures.

brown01.jpg

Reactions: Zensō

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Got the otterbox cactus leather in green. I love it except for the weird gap in the bottom between the case and the charging port. Seems like an oversight. But love the feel of the case and the green looks beautiful

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The Synthesis in gray has been on my phone for months and my ultimate case until the 16 Pro Max, checks all the boxes for me and is perfect.
Yeah, it’s amazing how much it feels like a part of the phone, turns it into a solid brick. Once they finally sorted the buttons it easily became my favorite.

Reactions: JBlass421

twx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2017
Michigan, USA
Just received the new blue phone rebel air 2 case for my blue titanium 15 pro max. So far, so good. I like the dots/texture on the sides of the case. Fantastic grip.

I’ve been running the blue sheath for most of the time with this phone. The Air 2 case is definitely right up there with the Sheath for me.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Just received the new blue phone rebel air 2 case for my blue titanium 15 pro max. So far, so good. I like the dots/texture on the sides of the case. Fantastic grip.

I’ve been running the blue sheath for most of the time with this phone. The Air 2 case is definitely right up there with the Sheath for me.
Can you post pics? Curious about this one.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
What about recommendations for a case with grippy sides, enough grip it won't slide off a trunk/hood, that has a least some lip protecting the camera and front glass, that is not the Defender XT or silicone? I'm currently using the Defender XT on a 15 Pro Max, but it adds almost 1/2" of width/height to the phone, but it's the only thing I've found with grippy sides.

I've tried tons of the popular/recommended options, even those called "grippy". If the rubber grip on the Defender XT is a 10, I've yet to find another case that even approaches a 5.

Smartfish Gripzilla......it's just dimpled hard plastic.....not grippy at all
Spigen Ultra Hybrid, nope even remotely grippy
Rebel Clear, slightly grippy and it's still not really grippy, great buttons though!
Mous Limitless 5.0......slippery, nice case though
Nomad Rugged.....great case, but almost no camera protection and you guessed it, slippery.
Speckas Presidio Grip 2......used to be great grip, but the new ones are really slick
Zagg Santa Cruz, this one had okay side grip, but zero camera/front glass protection, case stopped flush with both.
Torras UPro case, this one is probably the best grip of the lot, but still so far behind the XT, super strong magsafe, but is basically flush with the camera lenses and the sides pull apart super easy.

The TPU/TPE stuff they are using now must be cheap for the manufacturer, cause it sure doesn't provide any grip. Maybe case companies get kick backs from the phone manufacturers for making cases that are even more slippery than the phone without a case.

On a previous phone I had the UAG Plasma, it had just okay grip, but it seems like their current cases don't get well reviewed at all.
Dbrand Grip may be worth checking out.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Oof, not loving the fit. Looks like it’s got sag around the volume and lock buttons (zoom in and you can see it). I’d expect better for the price and for something backed by Michael Fisher.

b6823a0fa653f1d1d7662b5552373df6.jpg

That's the only weak point in my eyes. Elsewhere, the fit is great.

Also feels nice in the hand. Slightly silicone-grippy sides. Kicking off our first full day in Clicks!

Edit: spelling. Still re-adjusting apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyHouse

Joe123Joe

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2022
They swiped the dot grip from the Sythesis big time lol. But just bought another Gripmunk, had purchased it months ago but sent it back as I had a load of other new cases come in around that time, but damn this thing is nice. My number one case right now. Sheath killer.

Reactions: twx

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Peak design case?

Reactions: blaine07

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Clicks update: iOS does not like hardware keyboards. All kinds of weird UX, in Messages, telegram, even Spotlight has some visual weirdness.

So far though, definitely a unique experience!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.