Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
My Brown Hole 💩💩

Got 30% off from Verizon when I purchased my 3 Cactus cases o_O Trying to decide whether to return or not :confused:

hole01.jpg

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
My Brown Hole 💩💩

Got 30% off from Verizon when I purchased my 3 Cactus cases o_O Trying to decide whether to return or not :confused:

View attachment 2377278
It’s too bad they screwed this up since the case is so nice otherwise. It’s mind boggling how a company as large as Otterbox, with the resources they have, can’t get a simple thing like this right.

Like a missing Action button or a MagSafe bump, a USB gap (as above) is an automatic no go for me.

Reactions: Hooterville

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Do you notice it around the right way though?

I must of got the best symmetry ever made, no light, no sag anywhere.
Seriously cannot fault it.
Yes, it's on all 3 of them. There is no sag, the case is rock solid. It doesn't bother me that much as I use that butt plug in my phone and it's not that noticeable. The case is so good I'm willing to over look this slight problem.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
It’s too bad they screwed this up since the case is so nice otherwise. It’s mind boggling how a company as large as Otterbox, with the resources they have, can’t get a simple thing like this right.

Like a missing Action button or a MagSafe bump, a USB gap (as above) is an automatic no go for me.

I believe it's because the case is so thin and light weight. It's not that big of a deal but it does exist.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Trying out some non leather options and came across this Torras Ostand R case. One thing that immediately surprised me is that it doesn't show fingerprints as much as other clear cases. The 360 flip out ring is nice to have depending on your usage. The case is 12.3mm thick which is about the same as the bullstrap leather case i measured but the clear version of this case is very grippy.

If you're looking for a case with a built in stand, I do recommend trying this one out. Works with all of the magsafe accessories I have except for the pop socket.

I’m using the 3D edge to edge screen protector from Torras with the case with no issues either.

DSCF0387.jpeg
DSCF0385.jpeg
DSCF0388.jpeg
DSCF0390.jpeg
DSCF0391.jpeg
DSCF0393.jpeg

zekkragnos

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Trying out some non leather options and came across this Torras Ostand R case. One thing that immediately surprised me is that it doesn't show fingerprints as much as other clear cases. The 360 flip out ring is nice to have depending on your usage. The case is 12.3mm thick which is about the same as the bullstrap leather case i measured but the clear version of this case is very grippy.

If you're looking for a case with a built in stand, I do recommend trying this one out. Works with all of the magsafe accessories I have except for the pop socket.

I’m using the 3D edge to edge screen protector from Torras with the case with no issues either.

View attachment 2377531 View attachment 2377533 View attachment 2377532 View attachment 2377534 View attachment 2377535 View attachment 2377536
is this the normal clear or the diamond version?

reiichiroh

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Anyone else hunting for inexpensive cases for their 15 Pro that has swappable buttons? My favourite Caudabe Sheath is too rich for my blood this year at $70 CAd shipped unfortunately.

In researching, and because I am poor this year on disability compared to before when I bought one of every colour case, I started with the obvious RhinoShield. They're about $50 CAD then found that Flolab made one at $30 CAD.

Further searching led me to find an ESR bundle which also include their tempered glass protector (not Armorite though) for phone and lenses for $20 CAD. Does anybody know people at ESR? Alas they don't sell the buttons separately like everyone does. What's the point of touting "swappable buttons" as a selling point then? (Sigh)

After getting and generally being happy with my (frosted gray with neon green buttons) ESR case I also see that Rebel and Magbak also sell swappable button cases.

Anyone else?

(Looks like from a few posts up, Torras has changeable buttons too)

Last edited:

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
What is the best case for the 15 Pro Max that is not slippery at the back and does not hurt your pinky finger?
I have tried a few cases like the Mous Limitless, Phone Rebel Gen 5 and found them too slippery and not comfortable at all. The 15 Pro Max is a big phone so comfort is important. I also didn't like the rough feel of the Caudabe Sheath and ended up selling it...
Any other options please?

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
What is the best case for the 15 Pro Max that is not slippery at the back and does not hurt your pinky finger?
I have tried a few cases like the Mous Limitless, Phone Rebel Gen 5 and found them too slippery and not comfortable at all. The 15 Pro Max is a big phone so comfort is important. I also didn't like the rough feel of the Caudabe Sheath and ended up selling it...
maybe consider the phone rebel air 2 or cadaube synthesis, not sure how you found the gen 5 slippery at all as due to the grips on the side. majority of cases will have a smooth back except the sheath and tbh the gen 5 was probably the one case thats easier on the pinky imo. it is kind of sounding like the 15 pro max might be too big of a phone for you.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Apple Silicone

Reactions: thekidat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.