Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How’s the MagSafe ring/indent? Gotten any worse?
Nope, it's fine but keep in mind that I'm using the new Belkin Qi2 3 in 1 charger and it has a nice soft silicone Magsafe pad. This thing:

IMG_3419.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: phrekaru and Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
So I am guessing that's a no when you consider the price.
Is there a case out there that is similar to silicone but better quality?
As you know, there’s no perfect case. Possibilities include the FineWoven, Sheath, Synthesis, Benks/Pitaka Pro, Symmetry, Gripmunk, Air2, or possibly the OB Cactus, among others. Every one has its advantages and disadvantages. Among those, the FineWoven is the most similar to the Apple Silicone in terms of form factor and buttons.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
As you know, there’s no perfect case. Possibilities include the FineWoven, Sheath, Synthesis, Benks/Pitaka Pro, Symmetry, Gripmunk, Air2, or possibly the OB Cactus, among others. Every one has its advantages and disadvantages. Among those, the FineWoven is the most similar to the Apple Silicone in terms of form factor and buttons.
This is true
I think most people would say that the Apple Silicone is not valuable for money.

Reactions: Zensō

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
You are all a bad influence. I received my Black Togo yesterday. I was using the Otterbox cactus and I really love the case. It was just a bit "hard" and I missed the real leather feel.

I used Andar before and they always fit very nice. The togo is great and feels phenomenal in the hand. Also the screen Lip is great compared to many others.

I just love it and it may be the best case yet for my 15 Pro Max. I only hope that there will not me a magsafe ring mark on the back. But it is leather. It probably will be there.

Sorry for the bad picture quality. I only had my iPhone 12 Mini on hand and the lighting is not optimal.

Attachments

• IMG_4426.jpg
    IMG_4426.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4428.jpg
    IMG_4428.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_4427.jpg
    IMG_4427.jpg
    713.1 KB · Views: 114

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
You are all a bad influence. I received my Black Togo yesterday. I was using the Otterbox cactus and I really love the case. It was just a bit "hard" and I missed the real leather feel.

I used Andar before and they always fit very nice. The togo is great and feels phenomenal in the hand. Also the screen Lip is great compared to many others.

I just love it and it may be the best case yet for my 15 Pro Max. I only hope that there will not me a magsafe ring mark on the back. But it is leather. It probably will be there.

Sorry for the bad picture quality. I only had my iPhone 12 Mini on hand and the lighting is not optimal.

Looks great; is it slick as a bar of soap though?

Marty80

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2015
Melbourne
I do not own a iPhone 15 pro max, but when I update my handset, i will use and recommend the Mophie juice pack.

I am very stoked to see this case return, as it provides rock solid impact protection, less wear & tear compared to other cases, and more battery life with its backup battery.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

The grain on the 4 back corners looks a little less pronounced on the Togo cases. This is what has held me off from ordering one, I caved in and ordered yesterday. You like this better than the Cactus?

Let us know if the Magsafe ring rears it's ugly head?

togo01.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.