Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which iPhone 13 Pro model and color do you plan to buy?

• Pro - Sierra Blue

Votes: 107 21.1%
  • Pro Max - Sierra Blue

Votes: 127 25.0%
  • Pro - Silver

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Pro Max - Silver

Votes: 38 7.5%
  • Pro - Gold

Votes: 22 4.3%
  • Pro Max - Gold

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Pro - Graphite

Votes: 78 15.4%
  • Pro Max - Graphite

Votes: 81 15.9%

• Total voters

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Question, does anyone really like the Sierra blue, or is it only to have the year's exclusive color? It look a bit too much like a kindergarden blue to me, and doesn't fit well with most of case colors. I really would have preferred a dark orange. Might go silver instead.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
iPhone 13 Pro - Sierra Blue - 512 GB

I just find the Pro Max size too cumbersome for me. The 13 Pro has even better rated battery life so I hope it matches the 11 Pro and I’m currently at 226 GB used, so I’m bumping the storage up so I don’t have to worry about it.

As for color, I was all set to get Pacific Blue last year and then cancelled when the real hands on showed that it was a dark murky grey-blue in most lightening situations and not the shimmering blue in the marketing images. Sierra Blue looks more like a silver-blue rather than a graphite-blue so I’m totally into that.

Reactions: nyermen

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I keep wondering if the blue is a bit too "baby blue"?
Trying to think of it more of an ice blue but when I do that all I can think of is Elsa... 😁

View attachment 1832616

I think of it more like Pacific Blue was Blue + Graphite. Sierra Blue is Blue + Silver.

Honestly, I do wish it was a few shades darker, but not much. I think Pacific Blue + Sierra Blue would have been good, but I’m happy with SB.

Reactions: Seoras

spcdust

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2008
London, UK
After initially really disliking Sierra Blue (Baby Blue) I have gradually come around to it. Unlike Pacific Blue, which I instantly liked, this Sierra I am still not 100% sure but I do think that the Apple store renders don't do it justice. Also, not at all keen on any of the other colours and, for me personally, graphite is just too boring and safe.

So, I have now pre-ordered my pre-order for Pro Max 128GB Sierra Blue. For my uses I don't need more than 128GB as have 2TB of cloud storage and shooting in ProRes is not something I would use so not worth the extra expense of getting the 256GB.

wapvi

macrumors member
May 24, 2015
So do you think the new pro will match last year's pro max battery performance ?i have the pro max 12 and don't want to downgrade because of this but the weight and size is inconvenient at times so I'm undecided

scubatopy

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2018
Question for you. I assume the Pitaka has magsafe magnet? I wonder how strong it is. One thing I really like about the apple leather cases is how strong the magnet is. I use it in my car with a vent attachment and my phone has not fell off it one time.
On the other side, the transparent Apple original case has very strong magnet: just arrived through UPS, I made a test. Here it is attached to a ESR steel-made base , and it strongly keeps the base floating in the air :

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I pre-pre ordered the Pro graphite 256 and did the trade in for $200 on my iPhone X.

Less hassle than doing eBay lol, especially with the net ~24% cost in eBay fees because of their cannot-opt-out-of-managed-payments setup they have going on now.

-

Reactions: timeconsumer

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
The silver color is gorgeous, but I’ve been rolling with that for the past few years. Switching it up and going with graphite this time around, but keeping the 6.1” Pro size. It’s nice that it gets the same camera as the Pro Max this year.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
The silver color is gorgeous, but I’ve been rolling with that for the past few years. Switching it up and going with graphite this time around, but keeping the 6.1” Pro size. It’s nice that it gets the same camera as the Pro Max this year.
Is the problem of micro scratches true for the silver version? (like it's more prone to them)

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Is the problem of micro scratches true for the silver version? (like it's more prone to them)
Yes, but it's never bothered me. It's pretty easy to polish them out though, because it's an untreated surface.

MCube74

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2010
Hong Kong
I am tempted to get the iPhone 13 Pro Max Sierra Blue but again like last year the Graphite color will match the case colors better.

Not to forget even the skins.

Looks like again clear cases is the option best option for the Sierra Blue.

NotApplicable

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2019
13P Graphite

Coming from 12PM Gold

the Graphite color will match the case colors better

^^^ My thoughts exactly. I had the green 11PM and the gold 12PM. Both only looked right with certain color cases. Silver and graphite are more flexible.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.