Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kanavsingh

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 4, 2017
united kingdom
I have used many iphones and all had the same issue i.e battery isseue. Had to keep a charger handy to boost the phone's battery life. My choice is Iphone 6 .. What is yours ?

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
I don't understand why people still complain about battery life. Current iPhones [iPhone SE - iPhone 7 Plus which i own] have the best battery life compared to other flagship phones. I use both iPhone SE and iPhone 7 Plus as my main phones and both have great battery life. Both get me throughout the day with single charge. I am very happy with the battery life i get from both phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Donfor39

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have used many iphones and all had the same issue i.e battery isseue. Had to keep a charger handy to boost the phone's battery life. My choice is Iphone 6 .. What is yours ?

The best iPhone to date is the one the users decides. It's difficult to measure which one is the best, because everyone has different appreciations for features and capabilities.

ejfontenot

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Texas
I love the iPhone 5 form factor. I really do believe that shape and size is the perfect phone. That being said, I have gotten used to the screen and size of the 6/6s/7. I have a 7 plus now, too big for me. Ready for screen/form factor in the new iPhone.

Reactions: Donfor39

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
iPhone 4 in terms of radical redesign, and 5 in terms of speed increase and changes that would be considered current even today (nano-SIM, lighting cable).

Reactions: MacFather

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Finally an interesting forum question :)

I really hated the 5c and had major 5s envy. But now having the 5s for two years, I really miss the smooth ceramic feel of the plastic.

The 4s made me jealous though but I never owned one.

So are you asking just about battery?

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
The best? If you only compare performance,it's the latest version,if you compare innovation and market impact,it's the old iPhone 3G. The worst,however,was the iPhone 5, a large number of those had a wacky battery. Of course Apple took care of the problem by offering free battery changes,but there are still a number of these battery lemons out there.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S8 series are the best phones right now. Yea bring the hate. But when iPhone 8 hits, it's the iPhone 8
No hate. I love my S8+. But the question was specifically about iPhones, so I would have to say my SE and my IPhone 7 Plus are equally wonderful and beautifully suited to their uses. The SE is an incredibly capable smart phone with an excellent camera, compact form factor and battery life paired with a nice crisp display for its size.

The iPhone 7 Plus has a beautifully calibrated warm LCD display, a dual lens camera that is versatile and produces pictures that do a wonderful job of capturing colors and lighting the way the eye sees them.

I thought my 6S Plus was really good, too. I just like my 7 Plus better because of the improvements to the camera.

I've never owned the iPhone 6, 6s, or 7 so I can't comment on how I might have liked them.

Since you did bring the Galaxy S8 into the discussion, my iPhone 7+ has the edge over my S8+ in terms of performance consistency and the dual lens camera, and I really do prefer a flat display. They're really quite close, though. I love Android Nougat, but Samsung's version of it, though feature-rich and lots of fun, can at times be unpredictable and there will be sudden unexpected bouts of dramatic battery drain, lag and animation stutters that need to be shaken out. At least that's been the experience of my husband and myself. And we do miss iMessage when we are on our S8+. Some people have had a flawless experience on S8/S8+ so far, so I can understand your enthusiasm for them.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
No hate. I love my S8+. But the question was specifically about iPhones, so I would have to say my SE and my IPhone 7 Plus are equally wonderful and beautifully suited to their uses. The SE is an incredibly capable smart phone with an excellent camera, compact form factor and battery life paired with a nice crisp display for its size.

The iPhone 7 Plus has a beautifully calibrated warm LCD display, a dual lens camera that is versatile and produces pictures that do a wonderful job of capturing colors and lighting the way the eye sees them.

I thought my 6S Plus was really good, too. I just like my 7 Plus better because of the improvements to the camera.

I've never owned the iPhone 6, 6s, or 7 so I can't comment on how I might have liked them.

Since you did bring the Galaxy S8 into the discussion, my iPhone 7+ has the edge over my S8+ in terms of performance consistency and the dual lens camera, and I really do prefer a flat display. They're really quite close, though. I love Android Nougat, but Samsung's version of it, though feature-rich and lots of fun, can at times be unpredictable and there will be sudden unexpected bouts of dramatic battery drain, lag and animation stutters that need to be shaken out. At least that's been the experience of my husband and myself. And we do miss iMessage when we are on our S8+. Some people have had a flawless experience on S8/S8+ so far, so I can understand your enthusiasm for them.
Dam your writing is beautiful. Love it

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Personally I think the iPhone 7 Plus is the best phone right now, the camera with portrait mode is just brilliant, however I think it will all change when the iPhone 8 is announced next month.

Reactions: Jetcat3

aakshey

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2016
iPhone SE
iPhone 6s
iPhone 7+
In their respective form factors. Assuming you’re talking of the time of launch. And phones which are good even today.

If you want to include all time solid phones at the time of release, also include:
iPhone 4s 5 5s

Reactions: Jetcat3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.