Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

killr_b

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2005
Suckerfornia
I like Ellen von Unwerth.
There's a lacking of originality these days and she's been pretty original, and pretty good at the PG eroticism of modern fashion. :p

J'aime

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Who is your favorite photographer?

I thought it would be a fun little conversation to list favorite photographers. It can be anyone really - pro, not, people on this forum, photographers you look up to...whoever.

Mine are:
Kristoffer Erickson
Ansel Adams (classic)
Steve Winter
Freebooter;)

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I never liked the old school photographers like Ansel Adams. I studied the work and could never pull any emotions out of their work. I like:

Nike Vedros
Mike Fox
Dave Black
Alexander Mustard
David Hobby: Strobist.com and the guy I work with at the Baltimore Sun
Joe Buissink

These guys are the ones spearheading digital photography and the new age of media. The old guys are great and I want every photog to learn about them and respect them like I did. Then once they understand more about the industry and the art they can make their own opinions of them.:D

art gardiner

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
Cairo, Egypt
Ralph Eugene Meatyard: crazy name, crazy guy...

I second that one. Did you check out the ICP's show of his work a couple of years back? Wish I had been old enough to meet him when he was still around... bunch of questions I'd like to ask.

Others:

Margaret Bourke White
Margaret Adams
Chan Chao
&
Susan Sterner
Danny Lion
Mattias Klum

Just to name a few.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Hmm.

1. Gordon Parks: one of the few African American Photographers that get any notariety, the first multimedia guru EVER!
200px-Gordon_Parks_-_American_Gothic.jpg

200px-GordonParksLife03081968.jpg

2. Nick Vedros: actually takes good photos and not artsy fartsy stuff, more of a photo illustrationist though
3. Dave Black: takes some of the best and most inspiring sports photos I have seen. Not the ordinary "anyone can take this" stuff
4. Dave Hobby: works small off camera flash better than anyone I know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.