Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Not sure if Apple has a mandatory retirement age for senior management but if they do he my be out in 2025 when he turns 65. Many companies have such a policy to prevent upper management from getting too stale.

Reactions: pippox0

Aloisegam

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2020
Israel
Whoever the next CEO of Apple will be, He/She will have an easy time since the company has already developed systems and have the best innovative team on earth. Let's wait and see who that is.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Since history tends to repeat itself, I say Indra Nooyi. Too bad she wasn't Jobs' direct successor for an even greater sense of "we've seen this movie before".

WriteNow

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2021
If age isn't a factor, maybe Bill Gates. Give him a chance to work for the company whose products his company copied for so many years. (As someone said in the 90s: "Windows 95 = Apple 1986") LOL

Last edited:

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
While Tim Cook did a great job as a business, numbers oriented guy focused on squeezing out every bit of profitability he could and was able to crack the code on things Jobs couldn't (like services), I would like to see the next CEO be more of a product visionary like Jobs. Everything ebbs and flows and it's time to go back to that after Cook. I'm one of the few who feels Cook is the better CEO, too.

Pilot Jones

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2020
Even though he's expressed in interviews here and there that he has no desire to be CEO, I really hope it is Craig.

Tim Cook is an operations wizard who maximized efficiency & profits, but Craig seems like he just loves tech in the geekiest way possible, with all his heart.

He is a bonafide nerd (I mean that as a major compliment) and you just feel his pride & passion, anytime he talks about what he creates & does.

He isn't on that visionary level that Jobs was on, but I get the same warmth that Jobs felt about what he created, from Craig too.

Especially since Tim Cook has set the Apple profit juggernaut in perpetual motion anyway, it might be good to take a short hiatus from a CEO who is focused solely on the $$$ and go for someone who can breathe some fresh life back into the tech.

Reactions: War833

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Even though he's expressed in interviews here and there that he has no desire to be CEO, I really hope it is Craig.

Tim Cook is an operations wizard who maximized efficiency & profits, but Craig seems like he just loves tech in the geekiest way possible, with all his heart.

He is a bonafide nerd (I mean that as a major compliment) and you just feel his pride & passion, anytime he talks about what he creates & does.

He isn't on that visionary level that Jobs was on, but I get the same warmth that Jobs felt about what he created, from Craig too.

Especially since Tim Cook has set the Apple profit juggernaut in perpetual motion anyway, it might be good to take a short hiatus from a CEO who is focused solely on the $$$ and go for someone who can breathe some fresh life back into the tech.
And this is precisely the reason why Craig will not be the next CEO. The next CEO will be another guy focused on operations, financials, or management, and not a tech guy.

TheArcher

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
If age isn't a factor, maybe Bill Gates. Give him a chance to work for the company whose products his company copied for so many years. (As someone said in the 90s: "Windows 95 = Apple 1986") LOL
True statement.

Msft's only concern is about market share, nothing else. Bill Gate's greatest talents including looking over the shoulders of engineers who know what they are doing and straight-out theft.

Reactions: WriteNow
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.