Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I might put it on my iPad (hope the Air is still supported!), but keeping it off my iPhone. Was a bit of a nightmare last year with the iOS 10 betas, there were many small bugs which became very annoying.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I won't if it's for devs only (which has always been the case). Since they introduced public betas more recently, those have only been available after a few weeks IIRC.

I'll install the first public beta, unless there are lots of reports of major issues.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If it has something that intrigues me, I will use my iPad as the tester. Otherwise I will wait for comments on stability in a future update. My iPhone typically doesn't get the beta until August, where the risk is much lower.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I definitely will install the iOS 11 PB once it becomes available. Thankfully I have multiple iPhone's, so I can install the PB on the device I don't use as much.

Djilkosh

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2016
Serbia
Please guys if anyone of you install beta, can you tell us if there is grouping notifications by app?

Thanks.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
As soon as I can get my hands on it, i.e. Google :)

I think there's a LOT more to it than they had Tim to talk about today. Looking forward to it!
[doublepost=1496691729][/doublepost]
Can anyone confirm for SURE that a "new" beta profile isn't required???
We won't know for sure until the dev portal comes back online. Hope we don't need the .IPSW file to start with.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Already installing it on iPad Pro 9.7. 12 minutes remaining

Twitter is the place to check for these things. I won't link it here though.

IMG_0235.PNG

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
It's installing now on my iPad Air 2.

I downloaded the beta profile for my iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2, but I'm not going to update them until I get some feedback on stability and app compatibility. (It's especially critical for the Watch, since it's not downgradeable.)

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany

I downloaded the beta profile for my iPhone 7 and Apple Watch 2, but I'm not going to update them until I get some feedback on stability and app compatibility. (It's especially critical for the Watch, since it's not downgradeable.)

please let me know how stable it is and if drag & drop and everything that does not require a pen is supported on the air2. thank you!

i am installing it on my old iPhone 6 now

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

I'm not doing my watch so early in the process. Too risky. As you say, there is NO way to downgrade the watch on your own.

alanlau007

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
Irvine
I usually don't install major update beta on my iPhone at this early stage. However, the one page control centre makes it very very tempting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.