Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
this is my baby...$2.00 US at Burger King... :) Seriously im 16 and i wear this watch every day. Novelty children's watches = stylin'. I didn't take that photo though, i ebayed for it to find one.

Attachments

• patrick watch.JPG
    patrick watch.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 530

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
mpw said:
A couple of years ago there was a story in the local paper about a guy who found a gold Rolex on the beach, that's got to be worth $5,000+.
He contacted Rolex, or handed to the Police who did, and they traced it by the serial number to a local guy who'd lost it a year earlier surfing, and it still worked :eek:

years ago i lost a rolex while snow skiing in tahoe. i noticed my watch was missing while having lunch and figured it was gone for good. while heading out to retrace my runs i noticed a " lost and found" office and thought i'd give it a shot. sure enough, someone had turned it in. karma's a wonderful thing.

well, most of the time... ;)

Reactions: blap

andym172

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
UK
Ah! A watch thread... :cool:

My everyday watch:

1057944102110_foto_scheda.jpg
1057944102360_vista_3_g.jpg

and my dressy watch (not exactly the same as mine - white dial, black sub-dials):

3714_013_l.jpg

and my 'every-now-and-again' watch :):

Rolex_Date_15210_ETB_SSO_SLV_Di.jpeg.jpg

I've also had a deposit down on a Daytona for the past few years. Am hoping for the call any time soon :)

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
If I had a watch it would be similar to this. If not the exact same thing.

Attachments

• B000AC592C.01-A1EK89CMFYAS1X._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000AC592C.01-A1EK89CMFYAS1X._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 428

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
I was just waiting for someone to post a Panerai and lo and behold someone has done! You lucky sod. The one I wanted was in a brushed finish. I so nearly parted with my cash but decided not to cos of an 18 month wait on that model. The Irony is, I think it was about 18 months ago! :rolleyes:

IWC, another stunner. Ever since I seen Tom Cruse slap on the Mark XV in Vanilla Sky I've wanted one.

Someone posted the Omega Seamaster. I had the automatic a few years back. One serious heavy mutha! Damn thing wasnt good at time keeping though, maybe mine slipped thru Chronometer certification without their usual testing? Anyway I'm considering a Speedmaster.....I think i'll prowl ebay.

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
rossoUK said:
IWC, another stunner.

IWC makes some nice watches

Someone posted the Omega Seamaster. ... I'm considering a Speedmaster...

Talking about me, maybe? I posted a SpeedMaster though. Mine's a replica of the original one taken to the moon. It's fully manual, and keeps excellent time. Funny, I was thinking of getting a SeaMaster :p

I'm still pining away for an Explorer I, but at $3000 it's out of my budget :(

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
5300cs said:
IWC makes some nice watches

Talking about me, maybe? I posted a SpeedMaster though. Mine's a replica of the original one taken to the moon. It's fully manual, and keeps excellent time. Funny, I was thinking of getting a SeaMaster :p

I'm still pining away for an Explorer I, but at $3000 it's out of my budget :(

I posted the Seamaster ;)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I bought a second hand Breitling Blackbird (Special Edition). I never wear it though. It irritates my skin really badly and I think it's too bulky looking on my skiny wrists.

Breitling don't make that model anymore though so i'm going to hang on to it for a while ...

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Some pretty neat watches out there...

I've got (in no particular order):

1 Bvlgari Solotempo
1 Tag Hauer Links
1 Tag Hauer Classic
1 Longines something-or-another
2 DKNY something-or-anothers
1 Citizen Eco-Drive
2 G-Shocks
3 Swatch something-or-anothers
3 Fossil something-or-anothers
3 Guess something-or-anothers
1 Tommy Hifiger
1 **** (French Connection) something-or-another
2 Diesel something-or-anothers
1 Mr Incredible came-with-the-DVD-box-set

and these are the ones I could find, I have a couple more floating around

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
rossoUK said:
Someone posted the Omega Seamaster. I had the automatic a few years back. One serious heavy mutha! Damn thing wasnt good at time keeping though, maybe mine slipped thru Chronometer certification without their usual testing? Anyway I'm considering a Speedmaster.....I think i'll prowl ebay.

I actually like it beeing heavy :D Gives a nice feel to it ;) :p

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
...My name is iAlan and I haven't told the time in 37days...

*light applause*

ejb190

macrumors 65816
I, too, tend to trash watches. I have a couple of Timex Explorers that are in various stages of biting the dust. They say they are waterproof to 100 meters - they aren't! 20 meters usually does them in!

So I moved on to the Suunto Mosquito. Made myself sick when I scratched the face, but if I am going to use it, it is going to get beat up a bit...

mosquitolg.jpg

Diavilo1

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2005
I'm afraid i fall into the category that if I can wear it, I can lose it. So I don't ever really spend much on watches in fact, I haven't had one for years until a few months ago when I received one from microsoft :eek: (please don't hurt me, its my job! It was for meeting a quarterly quota or something, too bad Apple doesn't do this more, I sold over $275,000 worth of Mac hardware this year so far - I think I deserve a shirt or something!)

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
remote-control-watch.jpg

Its a remote control for the TV.

Thing is a absolute blast in stores like Best Buy, Compusa, Frys, ect.

Works with any TV and is just really fun to use.

...try it out in class.. now theres a fun game ;)

devastator777

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2005
New York City
I also have a Rado, a Diastar Sintra from Switzerland..

Hey u guys I also have a black Rado Diastar Sintra made only made in swiss-cheese-land for 3600 us dollars....

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
ejb190 said:
I, too, tend to trash watches. I have a couple of Timex Explorers that are in various stages of biting the dust. They say they are waterproof to 100 meters - they aren't! 20 meters usually does them in!

I have trouble with watches too; never believe waterproof depth. I had a Swatch break on me at around 2m when it was supposed to be something like 30m.

Suunto watches I like though. :)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Loge said:
I have trouble with watches too; never believe waterproof depth. I had a Swatch break on me at around 2m when it was supposed to be something like 30m.

Suunto watches I like though. :)

Well 30m is usually showers and surface swimming....if you want to be able to trst it....buy a "real" watch...that the facts are true ;)

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I also hate having any rings on my hands or anything on my wrists. I'm very particular about my hands - not sure where it came from, I've been that way since I was a child.

I have a decent Skagen pocket watch which I rarely use. It needs a new battery. I use it when I get dressed up which is very rare. Usually I just use my cell phone which is always one me.

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
iBlue said:
i have a ton of just little inexpensive watches. i am not super easy on my watches/jewlery. i was given a Cartier watch and it was stolen. [sigh] the nicest watch i have now is a Movado (esperanza) - picture below:

no idea on now "nice" that is, i didn't buy it. i love Movado though, nice stuff.
Nice taste. I also really like Movado's designs - sometimes they make me feel bad about not liking wrist watches. :D

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
iBlue said:
i have a ton of just little inexpensive watches. i am not super easy on my watches/jewlery. i was given a Cartier watch and it was stolen. [sigh] the nicest watch i have now is a Movado (esperanza) - picture below:

no idea on now "nice" that is, i didn't buy it. i love Movado though, nice stuff.

Well, if it's any consolation, your Movado is still a damn fine looking watch iBlue. I understand that it's no Cartier though. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.