Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outlawarth

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2011
My work mandates that I use a Windows laptop. So my iPad comes in for personal use and also complements my windows machine for some office work.

I just don’t feel like having two laptops: one for work, the other for personal use.

Reactions: VaruLV

DeepSix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2022
This particular ipad was sold by a large pharmacy, I was so disappointed when they discontinued it from their stock. I had been taken it for 8-9 years religiously, easy to swallow and considering there are 8 cloves of garlic per ipad it is pretty much as odorless as they claim.

If you're looking for an iPad supplement this is the one you want.
I am so happy that I found it here!
Oh, and it made here in Canada.

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
This particular ipad was sold by a large pharmacy, I was so disappointed when they discontinued it from their stock. I had been taken it for 8-9 years religiously, easy to swallow and considering there are 8 cloves of garlic per ipad it is pretty much as odorless as they claim.

If you're looking for an iPad supplement this is the one you want.
I am so happy that I found it here!
Oh, and it made here in Canada.
I went from MBP with Wacom tablet plus iPad Air 2 to 2017 iPP plus Air 2, and it was both functionally smoother for my work (online teaching, including heavy use of an online whiteboard for my students) and way lighter for the frequent travel I was doing.

After a couple years, when I was traveling less, I got a mac mini, which I like at home for the screen real estate while working. And I use a 2021 12.9 while working to draw on the whiteboard. For personal stuff I only use the 12.9. Consumption, games, admin tasks. When I travel I take my 12.9 and my older iPP 11 if I’m going to be working. Otherwise just the 12.9.

Laptop just isn’t really a niche I need filled. Desktop plus iPad is good for me. Even going back to iPad alone would possibly work for me, depending on how the improved multitasking works.

Reactions: VaruLV

DoubleFlyaway

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2017
I work as an online humanities teacher, so lots of grading of essays by marking them up with the pencil in Canvas, and reading of books in PDF and ePub. Also a fair amount of long-form writing using the Magic Keyboard, and a little bit of drawing with the pencil.

When I’m teaching online, the iPad Pro is a dream accessory to my iMac. It lets me mark up PPT slides or PDF books in real time while I’m showing them to students via a screenshare.

Basically, the MacBook Air is not better at any of the things I do with my iPad. I will probably never own another laptop computer.
Same, also online teaching. For all the talk on here of having to use work-arounds to go from laptop to iPad, for me, the iPad is a much smoother and more integrated experience than a laptop. I see all of the shiny new Macbooks coming out, and the Apple geek in me wants one, but then it’s like—what would I actually DO with it? It all depends on the user. Deal breakers for some are absolutely irrelevant to others.

I’m super curious to see this play out generationally. My daughter has been immersed in ipad use all through elementary school—her school issued them. And she doesn’t even have interest in the keyboard case—prefers typing on screen. She is moving to middle school in the fall, and I’m curious to see if she ever gets more interested in desktop/laptop computers.

iPadified

macrumors 68010
Apr 25, 2017
Same, also online teaching. For all the talk on here of having to use work-arounds to go from laptop to iPad, for me, the iPad is a much smoother and more integrated experience than a laptop. I see all of the shiny new Macbooks coming out, and the Apple geek in me wants one, but then it’s like—what would I actually DO with it? It all depends on the user. Deal breakers for some are absolutely irrelevant to others.

I’m super curious to see this play out generationally. My daughter has been immersed in ipad use all through elementary school—her school issued them. And she doesn’t even have interest in the keyboard case—prefers typing on screen. She is moving to middle school in the fall, and I’m curious to see if she ever gets more interested in desktop/laptop computers.
Since Corona, universities have understood that online is desirable for some. Now I have a MBP for the zoom meeting and a iPP 12.9 connected for the teaching in auditoriums. I bring this setup around campus. The pencil for teaching is very nice indeed and I will likely use it more. Now I use it to draw on Keynote/ppt and students finds valuable in that. I think it is time to go back to the basics and just use notes or similar note taking apps for drawing. Screen record for movies and export pdfs. Kids today cannot takes notes - the reason: laptops…

I teaching cell biology, genetics, diagnostics, nanotechnology. Drawing as didactic tool is superior in all these topics.

The generation switch will be interesting. My three daughters (17, 19, 21) are iPad only for their whole life.The oldest is in med school. Agree, they are not often using keyboard together with their iPads. The speed they are writing with the onscreen keyboard is amazing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.