Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoulin333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
California
More expensive than MacBook &....

-Same size screen
-slower, smaller reg HDD / expensive smaller SSD
-Slower processor
-lack of optical drive
-about same battery life
-could have 1st gen problems
-more expensive

you will be paying for the coolness factor.... i mean what is 1"? just buy MacBook for now

Screw what i said before... i fell in love .. even bought the 3k model :( ohh wife is gunna hate me lol

MidiMonk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Its basically an Ipod grafted into a macbook, the 12" G4 powerbook was cool this is garbage.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Its basically an Ipod grafted into a macbook, the 12" G4 powerbook was cool this is garbage.

While I'm not personally going to buy an Air, that's possibly the strangest statement I've seen in awhile. How the hell is this an iPod grafted into a MacBook? This thing runs full OS X...it's a REAL computer. It's not a fraking iPod.

If the 12" powerbook was cool, why is the Air garbage? It's a small, compact, light machine. If someone wants a really small laptop, this is it. I fail to see why it's so bad. You always pay for thinness.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
While I'm not personally going to buy an Air, that's possibly the strangest statement I've seen in awhile. How the hell is this an iPod grafted into a MacBook? This thing runs full OS X...it's a REAL computer. It's not a fraking iPod.

If the 12" powerbook was cool, why is the Air garbage? It's a small, compact, light machine. If someone wants a really small laptop, this is it. I fail to see why it's so bad. You always pay for thinness.

I say why not just get an iphone? It has more functionality than this thing and runs full osx?

Billy Bob

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2007
More expensive than MacBook &....

-Same size screen
-slower, smaller reg HDD / expensive smaller SSD
-Slower processor
-lack of optical drive
-about same battery life
-could have 1st gen problems
-more expensive

you will be paying for the coolness factor.... i mean what is 1"? just buy MacBook for now

Why not buy one?
Grossly over priced
horrible macbook style keyboard
very poor battery life
poor performance
untested new model

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I say why not just get an iphone? It has more functionality than this thing and runs full osx?

You're kidding, right? The iPhone DOESN'T run full OS X. It runs a variant of OS X. How in bloody hell does an iPhone have more functionality than a full computer? I can't do real word processing or web development on an iPhone, nor can I even look at web sites with Flash on them, or prepare a presentation, or any number of things.

What is with you people?

MidiMonk

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007

The 12" had firewire, usb, dvd built in, and despite not not being thin it was very mobile.1 usb2 port is a joke, its bad enough that for all the coolness Apple seems to bring to the table as of late, it sacrifices form over function.Besides with Apples QC of late it will probably melt.

I have been an avid Apple fan since the IIe too, so i am no trolling

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
Only one USB port. That reduces the functionality for me. No optical drive.

Shrug. I see it as underpowered, but useful for some.

Tom

LeftoverCrack

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2008
ya this was a major disappointment for me. its not practical. sure its small but it is almost useless if your doing anything past mail and websurfing.

lucky3killer

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
No dedicated graphic chipset in MBA but I'm really don't care about MB or MBA, I only care about MBP.

I think that MBA isn't for games, it is really great for mobile and daily use, such as email, safari, watch downloaded video or so.

MBA's HDD use ATA, should call IDE? lol...

Also, no FireWire port too.

Domofloge

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2008
New Jersey
I am utterly amazed that Apple would produce a laptop that has no speakers!!!!!!!!!!! For how much Apple as prided themselves on being at the forfront of music and such.. WOW. Also, only one USB port?? What were they thinking??

The Macbook Air is all about the FLASH!! :mad:

Denali9

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Macbook Air

Did I read specs correctly, it says integrated battery, I assume this mean that you cannot change the battery and have a fully charged spare to swap wen needed! That would be bad. Please tell me a misread the information provided by Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.