Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FranciscoJM

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 9, 2018
Dallas, TX
Will you be purchasing the new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in PRODUCT(Red) tomorrow? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Would you have wished for a PRODUCT(Red) iPhone X?

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I have the 8+ now but if I were looking to u/g I would definitely get the RED Edition of the 8+, I love the black front. But I'm going to wait and see what fall brings to the table.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Will you be purchasing the new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus in PRODUCT(Red) tomorrow? And if so, what are your thoughts?

Would you have wished for a PRODUCT(Red) iPhone X?
If my 6s wasn’t running so well on 11.3 I would definitely consider it. At this point I wouldn’t get one tomorrow but I would consider picking one up in September if I don’t like what Apple announces and I can get it at a discount. At this point I would rather just wait though.

Reactions: gagatronics

osta.doc

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2016
Had I not just bought my 8 a month ago, I would probably have opted for the Red model, but, can’t fix that now.

Persian-apple

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Iran
Its the same Hardware ...
So its personal taste but its great that a portion of this gets donated to RED
Other than that its a special edition fasion product...
Some Like myself like the Color
Some dont
Hope this helps!

Slippery Gimp

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Leeds, UK
I’ve been waiting for September, but my 6S has three issues which might force my hand.

The battery, despite being replaced in Nov 16, is currently losing charge quite quickly. The battery health indicator says it’s operating at 93% of its original value, but it was 92% charged when I put it down last night, and when I woke up it went down to 31% in about 15 mins despite just casual surfing.

Also, possibly because it slipped out of my pocket when I sat in my car, I think some of the internals have been jolted loose. The phone only charges with a bit of wiggling the lightning connector, and the headphone jack can be a bit funny too.

But damn the black and red looks good, I’m seriously tempted by this.

Last edited:

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Not at all. I bought a product red 256 7+ in November and Sunday, I bought a gold 8+. The phones are identical on the outside and the only way to tell them apart is by the color although the new red has a black face, not worth the trouble of exchanging my 2 day old 8+.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I actually liked the white front / red back. However, on the 7 / 7+ (red) they neglected to color the ring around the touch id home button which is shocking on apples part considering they are very attention to detail on stuff like that.

I have an X now, so no won't be downgrading. I would like to see it in person but would probably not like it since they changed the metal back to glass which makes it more of a candy red vs that darker metallic red that looked awesome.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
No, but half because I have an X and half because if I was to get it I'd have to go caseless because otherwise what's the point of getting a red phone to throw it in a case? Well I suppose if the case was red maybe but even still...

Reactions: anitak1982

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
No, but half because I have an X and half because if I was to get it I'd have to go caseless because otherwise what's the point of getting a red phone to throw it in a case? Well I suppose if the case was red maybe but even still...

When I’m Not working, I use no cases whatsoever. I just prefer to use the iPhone it’s entirety, and how does one really truly appreciate a phone Color if it’s covered by case anyways? The only time a color seems to matter for those who do use cases, is at the time of the purchase when they decide which color they want.

Reactions: Ta0jin

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
When I’m Not working, I use no cases whatsoever. I just prefer to use the iPhone it’s entirety, and how does one really truly appreciate a phone Color if it’s covered by case anyways? The only time a color seems to matter for those who do use cases, is at the time of the purchase when they decide which color they want.
I use just an Apple leather case and a film screen protector on my SGX but I’m sure in a few months closer to the upgrade cycle I’ll go caseless, I’ve done that with pretty much every iPhone lol.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Thanks. Chatted with Apple today and the guy told me one to two weeks.

I’ll check before I leave for Orlando.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.