Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I’m enjoying it. My 7+ worked, but battery did no last all day and phone reception was not good.

My Red 8+ is at 60% at the end of the day and I have yet to see “No Service “. Very happy. Did I say I like touch ID and the phone is SIM FREE?

Did you have a at&t/Intel/gsm 7+ ?

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I really want the red iPhone but I have an iPhone X already. Truth be told, I really don’t like Face ID and I would be happy to go back to Touch ID. Also, the X’s camera is pretty disappointing in low light situations. I have so many ruined photos due to red eyes or white eyes, and the edit feature to fix it doesn’t always work.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I really want the red iPhone but I have an iPhone X already. Truth be told, I really don’t like Face ID and I would be happy to go back to Touch ID. Also, the X’s camera is pretty disappointing in low light situations. I have so many ruined photos due to red eyes or white eyes, and the edit feature to fix it doesn’t always work.

I had this same debate with myself and ended up with both lol ‍♂️

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
You put the X up for sale?
Guess the new design isnt what it is cracked up to be....

--> Anyhow is read even a masculain color for a phone?
I have no problem with the X. Just like the 8 better. Also use an S9 which I also like better. Doesn’t make sense for me to keep a $1000 paper weight.

Couldn’t care less about what people think of my phone’s color. I like red + black combo, I’m a guy, who cares.

Reactions: 5105973

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
zvoe8g.jpg

mih01i.jpg

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Looks beautiful
I just got my phone today but in space grey

May I ask.....how long does your phone take to charge fully?
My phone is taking like 1 hour + and I remember reading that it should take max 1 hour to fully charge the phone

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Looks beautiful
I just got my phone today but in space grey

May I ask.....how long does your phone take to charge fully?
My phone is taking like 1 hour + and I remember reading that it should take max 1 hour to fully charge the phone

Thank you! I haven't timed it yet, but I often use the USB-C lightening cable with higher amp brick to enable the fast charging, it seems pretty speedy to me. But then again, I am coming from iPhone Plus models and an X.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
All of a sudden, I feel no excitement about getting a new iPhone. This is not to say, I won't continue purchasing iPhones, but coming back to MacRumors after being away for a while to look into the upcoming fall 2018 iPhones isn't as exciting as it was for me previously. Signing off. See you guys in September 2018 on release day.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Why no Project Red X?

What is “Project Red”? I think you mean “Product Red”, trying to clear the confusion for others that read your post.

All of a sudden, I feel no excitement about getting a new iPhone.

Its Just a smart phone. I think general excitement eventually Wanes anyway, I see it as a tool that I use every day that’s not something I need to be entertained by, but that’s just my opinion.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
Thank you! I haven't timed it yet, but I often use the USB-C lightening cable with higher amp brick to enable the fast charging, it seems pretty speedy to me. But then again, I am coming from iPhone Plus models and an X.
Oh so the charger that comes in the box does not support fast charging?

I need to buy it separately?

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Probably to keep the revenue flowing by releasing that new color way or even for the people that are waiting for it.

You put the X up for sale?
Guess the new design isnt what it is cracked up to be....

--> Anyhow is read even a masculain color for a phone?
If you mean red then seriously? :rolleyes:

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
I just got the X a few days ago. A little disappointed that Apple don’t make them in red, but I guess the 8/8 Plus needed the sales boost while the X didn’t.

A red iPhone X would look really slick.

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
I just got the X a few days ago. A little disappointed that Apple don’t make them in red, but I guess the 8/8 Plus needed the sales boost while the X didn’t.

A red iPhone X would look really slick.
You are absolutely correct. iPhone 8/8+ does need the sales boost since iPhone 8 /8S is iPhone 7s/7s Plus as iPhone 8/8 Plus is iPhone 7/7 Plus with minor improvements and 3 year old design. Basically, whoever has iPhone 7/7 plus upgrades to iPhone 8/8 plus, they buy a minor improvements on full price for iPhone 7/7 plus.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
No I just think asking if a colour is masculine in 2018 is lame.

Sure it masculine - look at all the militaries that have red in their dress uniforms. Visit Canada and tell the Mounties they uniforms not masculine. British Army too! Not own that; if I was a tough guy; I get the RED iPhone and just wait for someone like you to come up to me and question my masculinity!:D Tough guy is defined as a street fighter, professional fighter, mob enforcer, NFL defensive lineman or one of the elite soldiers in world.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.