Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is the worst version?

• Total voters

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Surprised about the lack of response re: ios 8. It's pretty much acknowledged that bricking peoples phones is not a great way to get off to a good start (even if the recovery was fairly easy).

On the other hand, I like ios 11 and have had no real issues with it.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Until the next version comes out, when it will become that version, as is usually the case.

It'd be nice if they focused on optimization, stability, and bugs, instead of poor design changes and random features.

They could absolutely make iOS 12 the best version yet if they wanted to.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Jesus...What's up with the hate on ios 7?
I love to close multiple apps at once and so fast. Also I love the control center. What? Is flat? Ow god no.

Let’s see....
Stability
Bugs
Unfinished

If it had been a polished change fro 6 to 7 ... it wasn’t by any stretch of the imagination.
[doublepost=1524942101][/doublepost]
iOS 12 to focus more on bugs and performance improvements.

Haven’t we heard that before?

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
You could publish this after any release and the current release would win - among other things people don't really remember what happened with what release. Also complaining that current is bad is the thing to always do.
Worst - looks worst, performs worst, lacked function, etc. , etc. etc.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

3:16

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2018
This is nice - have seen that - have commented on that - we saw the same claim with iOS 9.
My comment was about the change from iOS 6 to iOS 7.

Still, thanks.
I wish iOS 12 kills all 1 GB Ram devices, So Apple have less devices to focus on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.