Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Hey guys,

I know this has been spoke about a lot in the past but now I'm really upset I had my 7 Plus and had it swapped because it was horrible yellow glow the whites wasn't white even compared it to shop models now my 2nd one came and its the same, this photo is the 7 plus on the left, my mates 6s plus has a lovely white blue ash tint and looks miles better, now I know people say wait for glue but in the past that hasn't helped or my iPad Pro, how can the phone be so yellow, and I know some people will say goto display and put that thing where you change the tone but it doesn't work it doesn't make it neutral, why can't my £920 phone just have a white screen, its all on max brightness and night mode is OFF, its crazy how the new phones have such a horrible screen, even people in the apple shop say I must have ocd but when your looking at your phone every min you want a nice bright screen, my mates 6S Plus Is so much nicer than my 7 Plus its sad

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (1).jpg
    IMG_0001 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 730

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Return it and wait for awhile to see if the screens change to your preference.
typical comment on this forum lol, no I want the iPhone but want a nice white screen why is it such a gamble to get a good screen

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
typical comment on this forum lol, no I want the iPhone but want a nice white screen why is it such a gamble to get a good screen

All screens are going to be warmer than past years. Apple has already stated that during the keynote. Its part of the wider color gamut. At least your screen color is even. My 7Plus has a slightly more yellow bottom than top. Eventually I will get it replaced, but currently I'm getting use to it. Inly noticeable on solid white backgrounds.

mjjferreira

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey guys,

I know this has been spoke about a lot in the past but now I'm really upset I had my 7 Plus and had it swapped because it was horrible yellow glow the whites wasn't white even compared it to shop models now my 2nd one came and its the same, this photo is the 7 plus on the left, my mates 6s plus has a lovely white blue ash tint and looks miles better, now I know people say wait for glue but in the past that hasn't helped or my iPad Pro, how can the phone be so yellow, and I know some people will say goto display and put that thing where you change the tone but it doesn't work it doesn't make it neutral, why can't my £920 phone just have a white screen, its all on max brightness and night mode is OFF, its crazy how the new phones have such a horrible screen, even people in the apple shop say I must have ocd but when your looking at your phone every min you want a nice bright screen, my mates 6S Plus Is so much nicer than my 7 Plus its sad

Use it normally, two weeks from now check again.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
All screens are going to be warmer than past years. Apple has already stated that during the keynote. Its part of the wider color gamut. At least your screen color is even. My 7Plus has a slightly more yellow bottom than top. Eventually I will get it replaced, but currently I'm getting use to it. Inly noticeable on solid white backgrounds.

My 7 is much brighter than my 6s.
[doublepost=1475702730][/doublepost]
Hey guys,

That almost looks like night shift is on. Not saying it is.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
My 7 is much brighter than my 6s.
[doublepost=1475702730][/doublepost]

That almost looks like night shift is on. Not saying it is.

What does brightness have to do with anything? We are talking about screen tint.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If it weren't next to the other phone, you'd never notice it.

This. My 7Plus is significantly warmer than my Air 2. Even my 6s was a lot warmer than my Air 2. You could only tell when they were side by side. Now with my 7Plus being uneven, its a different story. But I will deal with that at a later date because it doesn't really bother me anymore. I got use to it.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012

I'm just being honest - there is nothing wrong with your screen, the iPhone 7 screens are simply warmer than others. That's why you got the same thing when you exchanged. If you don't like the screen colour then the alternative is to return it and wait to see if the screens change.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I'm just being honest - there is nothing wrong with your screen, the iPhone 7 screens are simply warmer than others. That's why you got the same thing when you exchanged. If you don't like the screen colour then the alternative is to return it and wait to see if the screens change.
But would shoukd the phone have un even brightness darker one side and brighter other, its noticable everything i go

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014

Nah, that's. a perfectly reasonable comment. A typical comment would be that you're looking at it wrong or your eyes are faulty.

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
Are the new iPhone 7 screens more yellow than the 6 or is it my imagination. Is there anything official that settles this?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Are the new iPhone 7 screens more yellow than the 6 or is it my imagination. Is there anything official that settles this?

Tends to be caused by the glue straight out of the factory - more often than not, they'll sort themselves out within a week of normal use.

Reactions: Bryan Bowler

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

The forum has a search function. If you'll go the magnifying glass at the top right of the page, you can search for words within titles and limit to specific forums.

For example, before posting a new thread you could've searched for "yellow" and found this:

IMG_0652.PNG

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
Tends to be caused by the glue straight out of the factory - more often than not, they'll sort themselves out within a week of normal use.

I swear the new phone I got looks muddy. Some people say they can't tell but it definitely does look as vibrant..
I'm wondering if swapping is necessary or just wait it out

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I swear the new phone I got looks muddy. Some people say they can't tell but it definitely does look as vibrant..
I'm wondering if swapping is necessary or just wait it out

Well, I'd report it to Apple now, but wait it out. If it's still like that after a week, you'll already have a case logged, so you can get it swapped out from there. If it's fixed after a week, then no need to worry. :)

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Lots of a bull poop defense about the 7 screens being warmer or being normal because of the wider colour gamut but it is all nonsense.
When I was at the Apple Store a couple of weeks ago and played with multiple 7 Plus models (JB, Black and Silver), only 2 of the screens looked somewhat identical in colour temperature. The other 7 or 8 were varying ranges of yellow and one was a bit more bluer than the best 2 screens there.
I almost cancelled my pre- order but when I got mine on Tuesday, it seems very comparable to my 6s Plus which has a nice bright white screen.
If the yellow bothers you, get it changed. It shouldn't be yellow at all.
6,500 Kelvin has no yellow in it unless you're comparing it to 7,500 Kelvin.

BoneHead001

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Livonia,MI
I received my iPhone 7 Plus this past Monday. Everything looks good — the screen is cooler in color than my iPad Pro 12". The iPad Pro is only slightly warmer, but still very nice.

Galacticos

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2016
The forum has a search function. If you'll go the magnifying glass at the top right of the page, you can search for words within titles and limit to specific forums.

For example, before posting a new thread you could've searched for "yellow" and found this:

View attachment 663373

Yeah I was in a hurry and thought I could get a more precise and succinct answer this way. Your point is well taken though

Reactions: willmtaylor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.