Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Are You Routing For in the 2017 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
With the NBA Finals coming in just 3 days, I thought we should have a discussion thread on it. Here it is!

Heard somewhere that the odds were 93% Golden State... does anyone actually agree with this? :confused: Cleveland has at least a 30% chance and I don't say that just because I'm a Cleveland fan! I don't see how a team with LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, etc. can have only a 7% chance.

Last edited:

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
With the NBA Finals coming in just 3 days, I thought we should have a discussion thread on it. Here it is!

Heard somewhere that the odds were 93% Golden State... does anyone actually agree with this? :confused: Cleveland has at least a 30% chance and I don't say that just because I'm a Cleveland fan! I don't see how a team with LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, etc. can have only a 7% chance.

Rooting.

And they went 3-1 and, sure, they lost, but now they have Kevin Durant. It'll be a great series.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma

No way it's 7%

60/40 - GS

Can both teams lose? :)

Reactions: AmazingHenry

arggg14

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2014
I'll take Golden State in 5. I like GS's bench much more than the Cavs.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
65/35? Sounds most realistic to me.
[doublepost=1496356473][/doublepost]
You mean when Golden State didn't have the best pure scorer in the game?
Well, Cleveland has Kyle Korver and Deron Williams... I know they aren't GREAT, but those two and the confidence Cleveland picked up from last year and the nearly perfect playoffs this year should make it a good series.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
I'd say it's likely 90/10 or 90/8 or something along those lines. I'm rooting for the Cavs (between the two) but let's not be naive. Golden State is really good. Hope I'm wrong.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Starting to slip away now.
Yeah, this Warriors thing is just too much. I'm not sure why people thought this was going to be exciting.

If LeBron wins this, he's the greatest ever bar none. But this is pretty indicative of what I think is going to happen.
[doublepost=1496373655][/doublepost]These finals are terrible.

grad

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2014
Where is the "I want them both to lose if that was possible" option ?

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Cleveland may have lost game 1, but I'm not worried yet. Last year Golden State blew out Cleveland in games 1 (104-89) and two (110-77) and look what happened in the end. Yes, the Warriors now have Kevin Durrant, but like I said, Cleveland got two nice pickups.

People say Williams and Korver don't do much, and in terms of scoring, they don't. However, they can both shoot threes so they have to be closely guarded, which makes it a little easier for LeBron or Kyrie to drive in and score. And if they aren't guarded, it's an easy 3 points.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Cleveland may have lost game 1, but I'm not worried yet. Last year Golden State blew out Cleveland in games 1 (104-89) and two (110-77) and look what happened in the end. Yes, the Warriors now have Kevin Durrant, but like I said, Cleveland got two nice pickups.

People say Williams and Korver don't do much, and in terms of scoring, they don't. However, they can both shoot threes so they have to be closely guarded, which makes it a little easier for LeBron or Kyrie to drive in and score. And if they aren't guarded, it's an easy 3 points.
Kevin Durant looks like the best player in the series

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Game 2 coming. If the Cavs stop turning over the ball (wasn't there like 20 turnovers in game 1?) and get the rebounds on defense (the Warriors offensive rebounds were ridiculous too), I don't see how they can loose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.