Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Are You Routing For in the 2017 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
I'm barely following this year. I'm just waiting until Durant's mother loses her cool and beats Smith live on television when he comes back from his absence.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This was supposed to be one of the best Finals in decades. While tonights game is close this has been a boring series. So far it has not lived up to the hype.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
This was supposed to be one of the best Finals in decades. While tonights game is close this has been a boring series. So far it has not lived up to the hype.

No it wasn't, LOL. Nobody ever said that. Everyone's been saying that Golden State is going to win it all thanks to their stacked team. They haven't lost a single game these playoffs.. one more and they make history. That's pretty much a snoozefest and on par with what people expected.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
No it wasn't, LOL. Nobody ever said that. Everyone's been saying that Golden State is going to win it all thanks to their stacked team. They haven't lost a single game these playoffs.. one more and they make history. That's pretty much a snoozefest and on par with what people expected.
Who said this was going to be a 30 point blowout every game? Nobody was predicting a sweep before this started.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
It was a terrible playoffs. This finals was supposed to make the playoff. It's a complete flop from a competitive standpoint. This thing is over.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
Who said this was going to be a 30 point blowout every game? Nobody was predicting a sweep before this started.

I never said anything about 30 point blowout games. What are you talking about? The 'analysts' gave Cleveland a 7% chance of winning.

Cleveland's been a HEAVY underdog. The 3-0 lead so far proves that.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It was a terrible playoffs. This finals was supposed to make the playoff. It's a complete flop from a competitive standpoint. This thing is over.
And these are the 2 best teams for the next 3 years. The NBA is so lopsided right now. Regular season is a joke and so are the playoffs.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015

It's been over ever since LeBron started the collusion crap with his superteam in 2010. He deserves this loss. This is ALL his fault.... 7 straight finals runs? Please.....

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I never said anything about 30 point blowout games. What are you talking about? The 'analysts' gave Cleveland a 7% chance of winning.

Cleveland's been a HEAVY underdog. The 3-0 lead so far proves that.
Lebron alone should be 20% of Cleveland's chances.
[doublepost=1496895607][/doublepost]
It's been over ever since LeBron started the collusion crap with his superteam in 2010. He deserves this loss. This is ALL his fault.... 7 straight finals runs? Please.....
What about Durant just going to Golden State because he didn't have the balls to win with OKC.

Reactions: AmazingHenry

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
What about Durant just going to Golden State because he didn't have the balls to win with OKC.
LeBron's actions in "the decision" continue to shape the game. LeBron was the highest profile case of player collusion and now one of the best teams ever assembled is a result of a move like that.

The game is cheapened. This is the final that we deserve.

Reactions: bladerunner2000

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015

I thought I made that perfectly clear with my previous statement. He started this superteam crap. I'm not a fan of any of this. He deserves every loss he gets now.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I thought I made that perfectly clear with my previous statement. He started this superteam crap. I'm not a fan of any of this. He deserves every loss he gets now.
It has destroyed the game. If you cheer for a team not named Cleveland or Golden State, you're in the "why bother?" zone. At least until Milwaukee overtakes the Cavs in the east and cap struggles hurt the Warriors.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Didn't the Celtics do it first?
None of those players were that high profile. And the Durant thing is particularly pathetic because he simply joined a team he couldn't beat. Sold out OKC for a ring. He's going to get it, but the finals are so cheap now.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
So what classifies as an NBA superteam?

It's not so much having a superteam, there are cases where they're built legitimately (last years Warriors, done with great drafting, trades and player development).

It's the COLLUSION... LeBron has ZERO integrity and took dropped a gigantic turd on the league with his shortcuts.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
None of those players were that high profile.
I agree that Jordan would not have gone elsewhere for the money. But they are getting paid a lot more now. I don't like what Lebron did but he made up for it by going back to Cleveland. TBF the Cavs were run like **** when he first left. He knew he wasn't going to win there.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
It has destroyed the game. If you cheer for a team not named Cleveland or Golden State, you're in the "why bother?" zone. At least until Milwaukee overtakes the Cavs in the east and cap struggles hurt the Warriors.

NBA's never really had great parity... if you want that, you're better off watching the NHL. How many teams out of the 30 have won championships since the 90s? Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Mavs, Cleveland and Warriors... that's 7. In the last 20 years. That's pretty bad. 8 teams if you go back to 1991 and include the Rockets.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
A team that wins 73 games and adds the third greatest scorer in NBA history is a superteam.

Durant has a chance to be the first or second best scorer in NBA history.
Now is that good for the NBA or bad. It creates a villain team that people will watch for obvious reasons. But it will also dilute the sport. The other side is teams tanking to try to get a draft pick. Unfortunately 80% of the league currently sucks.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
Now is that good for the NBA or bad. It creates a villian team that people will watch for obvious reasons. But it will also dilute the sport. The other side is teams tanking to try to get a draft pick. Unfortunately 80% of the league currently sucks.

You sound like a LeBron fan. Did you make these same comments when he colluded with the Heat in 2010?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.