Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Are You Routing For in the 2017 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
You sound like a LeBron fan. Did you make these same comments when he colluded with the Heat in 2010?
I thought he was going to the Knicks actually. But that is another train wreck. I appreciate his talent, I thought he should have stayed in Cleveland. But I understand why he left.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
I thought he was going to the Knicks actually. But that is another train wreck. I appreciate his talent, I thought he should have stayed in Cleveland. But I understand why he left.

I hear all this crap how LeBron is greater than MJ... what a sick joke. I don't recall MJ jumping ship in 1990 after he got beat by the Pistons. Dude put in the work with Pippen and proved himself.

LeBron on the other hand..... zero integrity. NONE. And now you have the Warriors with 4 current all stars.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I hear all this crap how LeBron is greater than MJ... what a sick joke. I don't recall MJ jumping ship in 1990 after he got beat by the Pistons. Dude put in the work with Pippen and proved himself.

LeBron on the other hand..... zero integrity. NONE. And now you have the Warriors with 4 current all stars.
Jordan is obviously the best NBA player in history. Currently tho Lebron is probably the best active player.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
What an awful series. Durant has ruined the league for the next few years...

Thompson and Korver have been garbage. LeBron and Kyrie had phenomenal games and they still lost.

Also how is Deron Williams still in the league? I could probably play better than that scrub.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Down 3-0... it won't be easy! At least Cleveland showed in game 3 that they can compete though.

Mainly, I just want Cleveland to win Game 4. Lose game 5 is you must. Just don't give Golden State that perfect playoff record.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
If you win 73 games you're a super team TBH.

And yeah show me a team who turns down KD or wouldn't create an environment that KD would want to play in and I'll show you a team who isn't a legit title contender.
[doublepost=1496946372][/doublepost]
Down 3-0... it won't be easy! At least Cleveland showed in game 3 that they can compete though.

Mainly, I just want Cleveland to win Game 4. Lose game 5 is you must. Just don't give Golden State that perfect playoff record.

Sweeping would make being the butt of 3-1 jokes from every sports category and non-sports watching "nerds" for an entire year worth it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It has destroyed the game. If you cheer for a team not named Cleveland or Golden State, you're in the "why bother?" zone. At least until Milwaukee overtakes the Cavs in the east and cap struggles hurt the Warriors.
And how did that apply to Warriors and Cavs for years and years until the last decade or so essentially? Plenty of people have been cheering for them all those years too, just like any other team basically. Doesn't really seem like there's anything all that new or different going on.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
And how did that apply to Warriors and Cavs for years and years until the last decade or so essentially? Plenty of people have been cheering for them all those years too, just like any other team basically. Doesn't really seem like there's anything all that new or different going on.

EXACTLY.

At least the Cavs have had championship runs and a legit Superstar in Lebron within the past decade.

Nobody was complaining when the Warriors were a complete joke of team. No superstars, no all stars, no title runs for many, many years.
[doublepost=1496955742][/doublepost]

MJ did jumpship.... to another sport... then came backk and won championships lol
[doublepost=1496956038][/doublepost]
Now is that good for the NBA or bad. It creates a villain team that people will watch for obvious reasons. But it will also dilute the sport. The other side is teams tanking to try to get a draft pick. Unfortunately 80% of the league currently sucks.

The Warriors pass the ball a lot, make playing defense a priority, don't have a bunch or diva's and play unselfish basketball and happen to have some elite talent.

Aside from having stacked talent what's stopping the rest of the league from playing the same type of unselfish "basketball"?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
If you can't tell the difference between what this NBA is and what it was 20 years ago, there's literally nothing I can do for you. There were 2 competitive series in the postseason. The WHOLE postseason, sports media was promising an incredible finals. This finals is trash.

There is literally no comparable era since the 3 point line. The Bulls had one year where they literally blew the pants off of everybody, but most of those championships were super competitive. The Lakers had amazing series on the way to their multiple titles.

My problem isn't that the Warriors are set to win multiple championships. My problem is the games aren't even competitive and the ones that are competitive don't matter.
[doublepost=1496969936][/doublepost]
Aside from having stacked talent what's stopping the rest of the league from playing the same type of unselfish "basketball"?
The fact that the top stars collude to sign in ready built teams comes to mind.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
The fact that the top stars collude to sign in ready built teams comes to mind.

The warriors now have 1 super star they didn't draft and picked up as a free agent. Whatever everyone else's opinion on why he joined, it was his decision and you can see it on his face and commentary he really enjoys the style of play the warriors play vs trying to force the Westbrook and KD system to work. Mr triple double should be thanking KD for leaving.

Maybe the rest of the league just needs to make better decisions from the top down and place more of a priority on players who are unselfish, patient and have the big picture goals in mind.
[doublepost=1496997511][/doublepost]
My problem isn't that the Warriors are set to win multiple championships. My problem is the games aren't even competitive and the ones that are competitive don't matter.

The Warriors make it a point to focus on moving the ball, playing defense, passing up good shots for great shots and keeping a focus on the bigger picture.

Then you have the Cavs who have elite 1 on 1 players and really their system is built off of that. Pretty much the opposite of the Warriors.

You really think game 3 wasn't competitive? That is some really caught up in the moment thinking imo.

i mean there's still the Big 3 league to watch.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
The warriors now have 1 super star they didn't draft and picked up as a free agent. Whatever everyone else's opinion on why he joined, it was his decision and you can see it on his face and commentary he really enjoys the style of play the warriors play vs trying to force the Westbrook and KD system to work. Mr triple double should be thanking KD for leaving.
That makes Durant going to GS even more egregious.

Maybe the rest of the league just needs to make better decisions from the top down and place more of a priority on players who are unselfish, patient and have the big picture goals in mind.
Yes, they'll draft the best players they can...who will then leave in free agency to play in ready made teams in larger TV markets. That's why this game is broken.

The Warriors make it a point to focus on moving the ball, playing defense, passing up good shots for great shots and keeping a focus on the bigger picture.
Also adding the best scorer in the NBA after losing a finals to LeBron.

Then you have the Cavs who have elite 1 on 1 players and really their system is built off of that. Pretty much the opposite of the Warriors.
The Cavs simply can't compete with a Warriors team that's a product of player collusion.

You really think game 3 wasn't competitive? That is some really caught up in the moment thinking imo.

i mean there's still the Big 3 league to watch.
1 game in an entire playoffs that was both meaningful and worth watching. The NBA product is bad. Enjoy your substandard competition. The NBA has become a joke.

Reactions: 2298754

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
The NBA has become a joke.

Until someone can say they felt the same way when the Warriors(and the Cavs) were historically garbage teams imo this is just a response people have when their team isnt winning or getting any attention.

The NBA wasn't a joke when the Warriors were a joke.
[doublepost=1497026501][/doublepost]
Also adding the best scorer in the NBA after losing a finals to LeBron.

They also picked up a few players no other team would touch but let's not talk about that. Also the Cavs picked up arguably better supportive players than the warriors have but let's just focus on the 1 good player the warriors picked up.
[doublepost=1497026654][/doublepost]
Yes, they'll draft the best players they can...who will then leave in free agency to play in ready made teams in larger TV markets. That's why this game is broken.

Is it broken when the core of the Warriors was drafted and they didn't leave in free agency? They also took less than the maximum amount of money to set themselves up to pick up a "KD" like player. It's been that way for years and nobody said the NBA is broken. And yes LA and New York are larger TV markets yet Steve and KD and Iguodala didn't go there. Hmmmmm...
[doublepost=1497026798][/doublepost]
The Cavs simply can't compete with a Warriors team that's a product of player collusion.

Do you just look at the box score at the end of the game when you form this opinion? Cavs are the current champions. Was last years accomplishment of overcoming a 3-1 not considered competing?

Dorothy Gale

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2015
(...) How many teams out of the 30 have won championships since the 90s? Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Mavs, Cleveland and Warriors... that's 7. In the last 20 years. That's pretty bad. 8 teams if you go back to 1991 and include the Rockets.

Celtics' seventeen banner feeling sad right now.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Congrats to the Warriors!

Lebron was sensational during these playoffs. First player ever to average a triple double in the Finals. Anyone who thinks that this loss tarnishes his legacy is a fool.

Predictions on off-season moves for the Cavs?

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Congrats to the Warriors!

Lebron was sensational during these playoffs. First player ever to average a triple double in the Finals. Anyone who thinks that this loss tarnishes his legacy is a fool.

Predictions on off-season moves for the Cavs?

People talk about rings and championship records. In that regard his legacy is tarnished. Stop comparing to MJ.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
People talk about rings and championship records. In that regard his legacy is tarnished. Stop comparing to MJ.

He still has quite a few seasons left, he has three rings. I think once it is all said and done, he "should" have as many rings. Don't know if he will have all of the other accolades that M.J. has though.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
He still has quite a few seasons left, he has three rings. I think once it is all said and done, he "should" have as many rings. Don't know if he will have all of the other accolades that M.J. has though.
Not with Golden State the way it is now. They'll be head and shoulders above everyone else for the remainder of LeBron's effective prime. If he manages to get 3, at least one or two will not be with him as the primary option on either side of the ball.

He's close, but it's safe to say he's not Michael Jordan.

Hope Cleveland liked their one championship. They would have to make a big splash to compete seriously with the juggernaut in Oakland.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Not with Golden State the way it is now. They'll be head and shoulders above everyone else for the remainder of LeBron's effective prime. If he manages to get 3, at least one or two will not be with him as the primary option on either side of the ball.

He's close, but it's safe to say he's not Michael Jordan.

Hope Cleveland liked their one championship. They would have to make a big splash to compete seriously with the juggernaut in Oakland.

I think they need to give him a few more bodies to round out the team. That team from Oakland does look really good though. Scary good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.