Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Are You Routing For in the 2017 NBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Be nice if they'd trade for Carmelo Anothony. Might give them enough talent to beat Golden State again.

They just need 80% of game 5 JR smith consistently.

Melo would be a bad move imo
[doublepost=1497378132][/doublepost]
When you add a MVP to a 73-win team. That's a superteam.

There have been super teams in the past that have had mvp's on their team and haven't won 73 games

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
Was rooting for the Cavs to bring it home again this year as an Ohioan, needless to say I was pretty disappointed by the game. Durant should have been fouled on LeBron's dunk, which would have been his third foul and he would have been benched...instead he went on a three-pointer spree and got the crowd going wild and that's when it started to hit the fan.

Oh well, Cavs 2018 I'm hoping!

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Durant should have been fouled on LeBron's dunk, which would have been his third foul and he would have been benched...instead he went on a three-pointer spree and got the crowd going wild and that's when it started to hit the fan.
That's the reason the Cavs lost IMO... Durrant was a big part of that 21-2 run and even cutting that run in half would've let the Cavs win.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
That's the reason the Cavs lost IMO... Durrant was a big part of that 21-2 run and even cutting that run in half would've let the Cavs win.

Yeah. There's no denying GSW is an outstanding team, just wish game 5 would have been called a little better. Kevin Love got a flagrant for doing something similar in game 4 yet KD's went uncalled...

Reactions: AmazingHenry

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Yeah. There's no denying GSW is an outstanding team, just wish game 5 would have been called a little better. Kevin Love got a flagrant for doing something similar in game 4 yet KD's went uncalled...

I wish game 4 would've been called a little better.

Game 3 Lebron kicked iguodala in the balls and not one mention of it from Cavs or the NBA.

Goes both ways.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Cleveland couldn't defend all of GS's talent. Carmelo doesn't help that.
Debatable. This year, Golden State blew out the Cavs in games one and two. Just like the 2016 finals. Then the Cavs nearly won game 3. Carmelo probably would've put them on top in that game. Then the Cavs dominated in game 4. Carmelo wouldn't hurt that. So, with him, the series could've been tied 2-2.

Then game 5 was only a 9-point game, and having Carmelo might've been able to help the Cavs win that one. If he didn't, they're down 3-2. No big deal. They'd beat Golden State in Cleveland for sure. That at least brings it to game 7, where Golden State would probably win, but you never know.
[doublepost=1497446727][/doublepost]
The whole Finals weren't called well IMO.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Debatable. This year, Golden State blew out the Cavs in games one and two. Just like the 2016 finals. Then the Cavs nearly won game 3. Carmelo probably would've put them on top in that game. Then the Cavs dominated in game 4. Carmelo wouldn't hurt that. So, with him, the series could've been tied 2-2.

Then game 5 was only a 9-point game, and having Carmelo might've been able to help the Cavs win that one. If he didn't, they're down 3-2. No big deal. They'd beat Golden State in Cleveland for sure. That at least brings it to game 7, where Golden State would probably win, but you never know.
[doublepost=1497446727][/doublepost]
The whole Finals weren't called well IMO.
Carmelo isn't your answer. He takes scoring shares from players already scoring and adds nothing defensively.

And Golden State steamrolled you. The Warriors were fighting amongst themselves trying to find the dagger shot. Congrats on your championship. Your window is almost certainly closed.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
LOL, you clearly misunderstood.

When you add an MVP to a 73 win team. Golden State won 73 games in the 2015-2016 season. Then they added an MVP. That makes a superteam. They already had the wins; it's not Durrant that caused them. In fact, with him, their record got worse!

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Then the Cavs dominated in game 4.

Regardless of the bizarre officiating in game 4, the Cavs had to make a historical amount of 3's to win that game. Definitely not a sustainable performance with any mix of elite talent and not one that would be depended on if they added Melo.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
What would you say that answer is then? This is an actual question; I'm not disagreeing with you.

Thoughts, anyone?
There really isn't one. You're at the end of your rope. By the time this GS thing ends, you're looking at LeBron well past his prime. Cleveland is done. The East will be the conference of Giannis in about 2 seasons.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
There really isn't one. You're at the end of your rope. By the time this GS thing ends, you're looking at LeBron well past his prime. Cleveland is done. The East will be the conference of Giannis in about 2 seasons.
Well, I'll never stop believing... Who knows, maybe Durrant or Curry will be hurt next year.

As for that answer, I'm thinking something along the lines of Kevin Love and Iman Shumpert for Paul George and Myles Turner. Then the Cavs would have a real center. George could start as SG. JR Smith could be the bench SG and that would eliminate a need for Shumpert.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
Well, I'll never stop believing... Who knows, maybe Durrant or Curry will be hurt next year.

As for that answer, I'm thinking something along the lines of Kevin Love and Iman Shumpert for Paul George and Myles Turner. Then the Cavs would have a real center. George could start as SG. JR Smith could be the bench SG and that would eliminate a need for Shumpert.
Indian would not give up those guys. Specifically Myles Turner for Shumpert.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX

That's complete nonsense. Indiana has no interest in marketing Kevin Love to their fans. They're going to try and add a third team for a guy like Butler, George because neither of those teams are interested in anything but pics.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
That's complete nonsense. Indiana has no interest in marketing Kevin Love to their fans. They're going to try and add a third team for a guy like Butler, George because neither of those teams are interested in anything but pics.
I think Kevin Love for Paul George is a trade they would make. They're losing George in 2019 anyway, so I'm sure they'd like to get something for him rather than losing him for nothing. In fact, I think Kevin Love for Paul George is unfair to the Cavs. So the Pacers could throw in Myles Turner. But then it's unfair to the Pacers. The Cavs give Shumpert in addition to Love and that sounds like a good trade.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I think Kevin Love for Paul George is a trade they would make. They're losing George in 2019 anyway, so I'm sure they'd like to get something for him rather than losing him for nothing. In fact, I think Kevin Love for Paul George is unfair to the Cavs. So the Pacers could throw in Myles Turner. But then it's unfair to the Pacers. The Cavs give Shumpert in addition to Love and that sounds like a good trade.
No way!

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
This is so Cavs fan. They would never do this.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Well, I'm signing off this thread as the finals are over! This discussion could move to the NBA thread, but I see no point in continuing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.