Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
I think we are just bored....

Next year, the iPhone 15 Pro Max(or Ultra) delivery page will surely go beyond 5000 pages. (speaking of which, I just realized that I only have one Apple USB-C to USB-C cable at home... better order another one now to prepare for next September)

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Mine hit Louisville at 3:03am this morning and had no additional scans until it showed up as preparing for delivery in PA. I think things missed scans out of KY last night.
Mine all of a sudden shows out for delivery. Left China yesterday and is out for delivery here in nj for today.

Checked my tracking and it definitely missed some scan points some where. Or UPS is having some system issues. At one point my tracking number was invalid but seems to have cleared itself. I don’t love to look back at my tracking to see all the different places my phone went through

James

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Mine all of a sudden shows out for delivery. Left China yesterday and is out for delivery here in nj for today.

Checked my tracking and it definitely missed some scan points some where. Or UPS is having some system issues. At one point my tracking number was invalid but seems to have cleared itself. I don’t love to look back at my tracking to see all the different places my phone went through

James
Mine just delivered! I’ve got parcel pending at my complex so it’s safely tucked away until I pick it up after work.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Mine just delivered! I’ve got parcel pending at my complex so it’s safely tucked away until I pick it up after work.

that reminds me... need to call my neighbor to bring the package inside... my UPS driver NEVER rings the bell to ask for signature...(even if the shipper specifically requests it) :(

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
that reminds me... need to call my neighbor to bring the package inside... my UPS driver NEVER rings the bell to ask for signature...(even if the shipper specifically requests it) :(
Does this need a signature? I know they are expensive and such but mine doesn’t say on tracking and nobody is home

James

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Does this need a signature? I know they are expensive and such but mine doesn’t say on tracking and nobody is home

James

UPS driver showed up before I left the house..... he just left it on the doormat and left. Fortunately, I saw the truck leave so I opened the door and brought the iPhone 14 Pro Max inside. :)

There's no indication on the shipping label that a signature is required, however.

it's transferring from the old iPhone to the new iPhone at this very minute. :) (direct transfer from old to new, says 20 to 25 minutes to complete) :)

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Well I guess you need a signature. Went out and poof. Delivery attempt. Will try again next business day. No where on my details did it says signature required.

James

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Well I guess you need a signature. Went out and poof. Delivery attempt. Will try again next business day. No where on my details did it says signature required.

James

this morning, UPS left it at my front door and left.... the box didn't say signature required at all. although... when I looked at my doorbell video later, the UPS driver said "hey, Mr. ----------, here's your iPhone", put it on the doormat and left... I guess he must have delivered so many of these packages to be able to tell instantly that they were iPhones inside?

although... it may depend on how UPS driver perceives your neighborhood and he/she can use discretion... (or if there had been past incidents of package theft)

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

James

When that happened to me, I called the number on the tag and asked if I could pick it up. They said yes, confirmed truck was back from deliveries and I went after it. It was launch day and I wasn’t waiting till Monday to get it after tracking it for a whole week from China.

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
When that happened to me, I called the number on the tag and asked if I could pick it up. They said yes, confirmed truck was back from deliveries and I went after it. It was launch day and I wasn’t waiting till Monday to get it after tracking it for a whole week from China.
I can wait one more day. ( Or can I???? o_O ) lol. They left a tag and someone has to sign for it. They won't even accept signing the back of the tag. No biggie they will try again tomorrow. But after watching the how the phone went to get here it's still amazing how quick it got her after moving yesterday.. Enjoy your phone's fellas!!!!!

James

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Since we're celebrating on page 1000, remember when I was interviewing on iPhone Day?
Well, I'd like to celebrate that I received offers from both companies! I accepted with the one I really wanted... I got the job! 🥳🥳🥳 YAAASSSS!!

celebrate.jpeg

Last edited:

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I can wait one more day. ( Or can I???? o_O ) lol. They left a tag and someone has to sign for it. They won't even accept signing the back of the tag. No biggie they will try again tomorrow. But after watching the how the phone went to get here it's still amazing how quick it got her after moving yesterday.. Enjoy your phone's fellas!!!!!

James
I can deal with one day, but waiting over the weekend is the worst. The worst delivery experience for me was I got a phone through VZW once, who use FedEx. I checked the Tracking and was excited I could waive the signature through there, or so I thought. Why even have the option if you don't horor it??? That's worse than not even having the option!!

King of Ehrenfeld

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2022
Wow I didn't know iPhones were directly shipped from China by air. I thought they'd transport them by ship and distribute them by local shipping once they're in the country. But makes sense since transport by ship would take months to arrive

Reactions: Brad7

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Wow I didn't know iPhones were directly shipped from China by air. I thought they'd transport them by ship and distribute them by local shipping once they're in the country. But makes sense since transport by ship would take months to arrive

when I ordered my iPad, it was shipped the same way.(from the factory in China to my home, via UPS)

Reactions: Brad7

iSuzan

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
You are located in the US?
your nickname sounds very German. If you are located in Europe the iPhones always are transported to a hub and then send out for delivery by truck/train to your city.

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Only about 14 days to west coast

TuftsAlum

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Has anyone received/ordered an iPhone in the last week or so? I live in Boston, MA and ordered the Deep Purple 14 PM on October 27. It says the arrival date is between Nov 22- 30. Is it still shipping directly from China? Some people are mentioning that they received their phones from Ontario, CA? I didn't even know there was a warehouse there?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Has anyone received/ordered an iPhone in the last week or so? I live in Boston, MA and ordered the Deep Purple 14 PM on October 27. It says the arrival date is between Nov 22- 30. Is it still shipping directly from China? Some people are mentioning that they received their phones from Ontario, CA? I didn't even know there was a warehouse there?
Technically most are coming from China. Once supply catches up with demands, usually the rest will be stored in their warehouses, there are 4 warehouses that I know of that stores the apple product: Mt. Juliet, TN, There is one in PA, Thre is one that his also in CA, there's a new one in IN.

Do you know if they ordered directly from apple.com or through their carrier? Usually if it's through carrier, it will actually come from the warehouses.

Reactions: TuftsAlum

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
for those still waiting in the Chicago area... the Apple Store at Old Orchard showed silver 1TB 14 PM in stock for pickup as of 7:03AM. If that's what you have on order, grab it and cancel the online order? :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
for those still waiting in the Chicago area... the Apple Store at Old Orchard showed silver 1TB 14 PM in stock for pickup as of 7:03AM. If that's what you have on order, grab it and cancel the online order? :)

Not anymore but the screenshot is pretty accurate as to what stores has what. Not sure if you meant Michichan Ave because the Old Orchard don't have any but the Michigan Ave does. I prefer space black over silver. ha.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 07.35.30.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.