Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
14 Pro Max: 10/24 8:35AM(Pacific) Departed Incheon

šŸŽ…
6y39zn.jpg

JForestZ34

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2007
Mines suppsed to deliver on Wednesday, 26th. Still hasnā€™t moved from Shanghai. UPS hasnā€™t modified delivery date yet, but Iā€™m doubtful that it will arrive on Wed.
If it take off today or even sometime tomorrow youā€™ll get it weds. Once it gets to AK itā€™s pretty quick
Same here, support says they cannot do anything until the 27th. Hope it moves soon.
We shall see what happens. But they move fast when they move. I can send something overnight express and it would get to China by tomorrow am so they can do it with a couple days before delivery

James

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
If it take off today or even sometime tomorrow youā€™ll get it weds. Once it gets to AK itā€™s pretty quick

We shall see what happens. But they move fast when they move. I can send something overnight express and it would get to China by tomorrow am so they can do it with a couple days before delivery

James
Now UPS tracking wonā€™t even show infoā€¦. Something going on with the app or the site.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
mine left Incheon at 8:35AM(Pacific)

and the missing delivery date has now reappeared again.(Tuesday, 10/25, same as what it said two days ago)

that's only 24 hours away... I'm not so sure if it will actually be here tomorrow. :)

Scubamom

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Indiana
Mine arrived in Louisville at 5:17 am and hasnā€™t shown any movement since then. I did get a UPS text saying it would be delivered tomorrow. I know that is subject to change so weā€™ll see.

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Finally departed Shanghai at 1:27am on the 25th. So hopefully hits Louisville by late tomorrow and me on the 26th

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
unless UPS acquired some new top-secret hypersonic planes to carry freight, there's no way that Incheon to Louisville(KY) only takes 7 hours, right?

UPS tracking just updated and I'm puzzled:

10/24 3:57PM Arrived at facility Louisville KY
10/24 8:35AM Departed Incheon, KR

according to Great Circle Mapper, ICN to SDF is almost 7000 miles. Doing it in 7 hours equals 1000 miles per hour, which is very unlikely in a 747 freighter

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
unless UPS acquired some new top-secret hypersonic planes to carry freight, there's no way that Incheon to Louisville(KY) only takes 7 hours, right?

according to Great Circle Mapper, ICN to SDF is almost 7000 miles. Doing it in 7 hours equals 1000 miles per hour, which is very unlikely in a 747 freighter
Time difference. Plus jet stream, they may have had a SOG of well over 500mph.

rozimek

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022

UPS tracking timestamps are local to the place that they were scanned, so it was 10/24:8:35AM (GMT+9) in Incheon, KR when it departed and 10/24 3:57 PM (GMT-4) in Lousiville, KY when it arrived. So those two timestamps are actually 13 hours apart, korea being ahead.

Last edited:

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018

whats more interesting is that it went KR directly to KY. No stop in Alaska. I find the routing, logistics and planning of this stuff fascinating.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
whats more interesting is that it went KR directly to KY. No stop in Alaska. I find the routing, logistics and planning of this stuff fascinating.

I get the feeling that UPS tracking just shows what they feel like showing people at any given moment. :)

Pretty sure that UPS does not operate nonstop flights from ICN to SDF... at least none that I could find on FlighAware.

Mojohanna32

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
I get the feeling that UPS tracking just shows what they feel like showing people at any given moment. :)

Pretty sure that UPS does not operate nonstop flights from ICN to SDF... at least none that I could find on FlighAware.
Iā€™m getting all wrapped up in the UPS flight stuff now. Looks like 2 flights from Incheon leaving today. Since I doubt they are loading on a new plane. So Iā€™m going to assuming flight 89 incheon to anchorage.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Iā€™m getting all wrapped up in the UPS flight stuff now. Looks like 2 flights from Incheon leaving today. Since I doubt they are loading on a new plane. So Iā€™m going to assuming flight 89 incheon to anchorage.

UPS tracking now updated.... hours after it already arrived in Louisville, the tracking was updated to include this. :)

10/24/2022
2:32 P.M.
On the Way
Anchorage, AK, United States

on the other hand, people like us could be the reason that the UPS tracking system is going bananas.... :) I don't know how many times I check each day. :) although I have a somewhat valid excuse.... I already have my iPhone 14 Pro Max. The 2nd 14 Pro Max that I'm tracking is one that I ordered as a birthday gift for someone in the family. :)

Mizouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2014
Welp, zero updates on my UPS tracking. Pretty sure this one also got stolen in transit. šŸ˜’

I might just cancel my preorder and wait for them to be available for in store pickup.
Well an update to this. I reached out to Apple on 10/19 and they told me to wait another 24 hours. So i checked in again with them on Thursday 10/20 and they told me again to wait another 48 hours because my order was technically scheduled to arrive that day. I just now reached out to them today 10/24 and they tried to make me wait again and blamed the weather for the delay.
I ended up requesting to refund my order. At this point i think I'll wait to see if I can get an order in person at an Apple store if I even still want it.

So weird, I never had an issue with UPS having a package lost/stolen but to have two of them lost? Seems like theres some funny business going on at the sorting center near me.

This sucks, I've been waiting so long for this preorder too. :(

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
So weird, I never had an issue with UPS having a package lost/stolen but to have two of them lost? Seems like theres some funny business going on at the sorting center near me.
:(

I've had a Vaio laptop and a Glock lost within the same week several years ago.... so I don't really trust UPS ever since. (but to be fair, I was compensated for both losses within a very short amount of time)

CR842016

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2022
Mine is on flight to Louisville now with a planned UPS flight at 4:30 to Knoxville TN and then should be out for delivery in the AM. Weird you guys are seeing different. Our times matched perfect to Korea.

Rocky81

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2022
Package is now in Louisville 10/25 12:40AM. Somehow UPS is quite delayed in updating status or it just could be scheduled updates instead of live

CR842016

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2022
Package is now in Louisville 10/25 12:40AM. Somehow UPS is quite delayed in updating status or it just could be scheduled updates instead of live
I use what the parcel app someone recommended in this forum. Pretty up to date.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
when I woke up at 5AM, the tracking showed that it finally made it to the town next to me...

a few minutes ago, I got a notification about a delivery exception... it said:

Exception Reason: Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
Exception Resolution: Delivery will be delayed by one business day.

I was confused.... there was no "severe weather" within hundreds of miles of me, at least there wasn't when I was looking at the weather forecast last night...

then I realized what had happened..... there was super dense fog right outside my window. for some odd reason, dense fog had rolled into my area(including the next town) in the middle of the night. It's so dense that I couldn't even see my mailbox at the end of my driveway. (!!!)

Following the iPhone from China to Korea to Alaska to Lousiville in the last few days was like watching an adventure... :)

Reactions: DianaMR

CR842016

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2022
when I woke up at 5AM, the tracking showed that it finally made it to the town next to me...

a few minutes ago, I got a notification about a delivery exception... it said:

Exception Reason: Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery.
Exception Resolution: Delivery will be delayed by one business day.

I was confused.... there was no "severe weather" within hundreds of miles of me, at least there wasn't when I was looking at the weather forecast last night...

then I realized what had happened..... there was super dense fog right outside my window. for some odd reason, dense fog had rolled into my area(including the next town) in the middle of the night. It's so dense that I couldn't even see my mailbox at the end of my driveway. (!!!)

Following the iPhone from China to Korea to Alaska to Lousiville in the last few days was like watching an adventure... :)
Was an adventure definitely. But that sounds crazy. I didnā€™t think most trucks even left the facility until around 10am. But with the fog that must mean all shipments are delayed. I bet youā€™ll still get it today. Probably just be later in the evening.

beerseagulls

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2021
Was an adventure definitely. But that sounds crazy. I didnā€™t think most trucks even left the facility until around 10am. But with the fog that must mean all shipments are delayed. I bet youā€™ll still get it today. Probably just be later in the evening.

for some odd reason, the 14 Pro Max screen protector that I ordered from Amazon is arriving today... (via UPS and that shipment is on-time) I don't have Prime, so delivery times are usually random.

the fog has lifted and I can now see my neighbor's house which is decorated in possibly the worst Halloween stuff I have ever seen. on second thought... bring the fog back. :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
for some odd reason, the 14 Pro Max screen protector that I ordered from Amazon is arriving today... (via UPS and that shipment is on-time) I don't have Prime, so delivery times are usually random.

the fog has lifted and I can now see my neighbor's house which is decorated in possibly the worst Halloween stuff I have ever seen. on second thought... bring the fog back. :)
Probably is on a different truck when it got to destination. who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.