Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

wnyc1

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
So I've been heavily interviewing with 5 companies. One just skipped me to the final interview. When I told another company about the fast track just now, they immediately set me up for a super day of interviews on the 16th!!

This may be the sign for me to wait until I get an offer before ordering. I had a connection who was going to bring me into his company back in July that didn't work out, so I guess I better behave. I'm good at finding iPhones and I live in an area with a good concentration of stores. Plus, I plan on purchasing the AW 8, the AirPod Pros, and the new iPad Pro (whenever that comes out). It can be a birthday celebration package for me.

Send me good vibes!
Having the new iPhone on interview day will be even better 😏

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Dang! I have to contact AT&T for this. Step 2.

View attachment 2053939

View attachment 2053940
Last year, iPhone 13's came with eSim only, no physical sim in the phone. All I did was turn it on and follow the steps and it activated just fine. I didn't have to convert to eSim ahead of time. (I'm with AT&T). I remember last year you didn't want to go with the eSim, and you went and got a physical sim and stuck it in your phone. This year, I expect you to have the same experience I had last year. I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think you will need to do anything ahead of time this year.

4sallypat

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Is instore pick up a better guarantee than delivery? It’s been a while since I’ve bought at launch
When the Mac Studio and Studio Display came out during launch day, I purchased both online and picked up at my local Apple Store on launch day.

It was easy because I work close by to an Apple store.

Going to do the same with the iPhone if the delivery / pickup date will be launch day.

Otherwise if it gets delayed, I'll have it delivered to my work.

Reactions: Wxchaser and Brad7
Last year, iPhone 13's came with eSim only, no physical sim in the phone. All I did was turn it on and follow the steps and it activated just fine. I didn't have to convert to eSim ahead of time. (I'm with AT&T). I remember last year you didn't want to go with the eSim, and you went and got a physical sim and stuck it in your phone. This year, I expect you to have the same experience I had last year. I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think you will need to do anything ahead of time this year.
Thank you! Yes, I'm still old school. Now, I don't have a choice but to go with the e-sim route. So, what do you say just wait for it and then activate it when my new iPhone 14 Pro arrives?

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I believe my AT&T 13 ProMax was same for me. Was surprised at speed of activation

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Thank you! Yes, I'm still old school. Now, I don't have a choice but to go with the e-sim route. So, what do you say just wait for it and then activate it when my new iPhone 14 Pro arrives?
I think they would have been sending out info if people needed to do something special to convert to eSim. I think you will be fine.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
My case on the way step one.
F38A74D6-2395-459C-826A-C0A6F1CE3667.jpeg

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Forgot about this site! Happy to be here with you all.

One question though.

Can I use a different card from the one that it’ll be charging monthly for the iPhone, when paying for taxes for my iPhone using the IUP program?
Yup...once your order goes through and you get your Citizens loan number, you can log in and set up your account, and switch to whatever card you want for the monthly payments.

Reactions: julit0 and wnyc1
So I've been heavily interviewing with 5 companies. One just skipped me to the final interview. When I told another company about the fast track just now, they immediately set me up for a super day of interviews on the 16th!!

This may be the sign for me to wait until I get an offer before ordering. I had a connection who was going to bring me into his company back in July that didn't work out, so I guess I better behave. I'm good at finding iPhones and I live in an area with a good concentration of stores. Plus, I plan on purchasing the AW 8, the AirPod Pros, and the new iPad Pro (whenever that comes out). It can be a birthday celebration package for me.

Send me good vibes!
I was on a job hunt for a long time before landing my dream job with the Department of Aviation. Just stay consistent and be yourself. Go with the flow. Keep us posted, on how it pans out. Best wishes and Good luck! You got this!!!

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
I can't decide if doing iUP would be better than financing ? What does everyone think ?

I know iUP is more expensive but not that much more.

Hmmm.

Can you pay iUP early if you want to ?

Reactions: compwiz1202
Yes same notice. Not long now. You gonna sleep tonight? LOL. Got bunch of alarms set for 6 and 6:15 Let the fun begin
May have to wake up at 4:00 AM. But it’s no sleep zone. 😴 ❌

Attachments

• EEB008CC-FCDC-447B-9131-28578CA9429C.png
    EEB008CC-FCDC-447B-9131-28578CA9429C.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 61

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona

Send me good vibes!
Good vibes sent! Best of luck that you get the offer you want the very most!!

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
If you know you’re keeping the phone for at least 2 years, you save $40 going this route (for standard AppleCare+).
If you upgrade yearly, cheaper to just do monthly. It also seems easier to go past 2-years if you are monthly because it just goes until you cancel.
Just as an aside, you can get a prorated refund for AppleCare+ if you want to upgrade earlier or even if you just want to cancel AppleCare+. They don't do it automatically. You have to contact Apple but I've done it and got the refund. It was especially easy as I had purchased the policy directly from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.