Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
At nearly 300 hummingbird photos to sort through for best ones. Beautiful day at 82 degrees F 61 degee dewpoint and 50 percent humidity. While I dream with you all about my 14 ProMax. ;-)

CE234AE5-36D4-46C7-B8D9-86E2DAE84BF1.jpeg

I know there are going to be growing pain with esim only iPhones when the iPhone 14s get released in the US
But last year lots of people converted to ESim and it worked fine. I was going to do it but I called AT&T to send me a brand new 5G SIM Card which they did. Can't do that anymore this year.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA

8000XE

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2015
My parents have Verizon service my dad has a 10s and my mom has a 12 Pro and they don't have a option for convert to ESIM either
Just tried to convert my wife’s to eSim with Verizon and did not see the option. She’s not phased by new devices so we’ll activate hers when she’s “ready”. Me on the other hand, I’ve been on eSIM

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
I think they have to manually assign it and activate it. As others suggested, it will be activated when it arrives?
my 12 Pro Max was unlocked when I got and I just moved the sim card over from my 11 Pro Max to the 12 Pro Max

My dads 10s is locked to Verizon - but my moms is a unlocked iPhone 12 Pro

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Okay so am I doing this right? I have 13 Pro. ATT

I pre ordered a 14 Pro with ATT.
I pre ordered a 14 Pro Max and selected "connect later"

I cant decide. So I know turning on the 14 Pro will automatically connect. If I keep the Max though, Is it easy to transfer over the sim?

Should I just order both with ATT? But its only one phone number so that might mess things up?
I ran into this exact thing and Apple support didn't have a clue. I ended up selecting the ATT option for both, assuming that the phone number is just referring to the main phone number on the account.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Just tried to convert my wife’s to eSim with Verizon and did not see the option. She’s not phased by new devices so we’ll activate hers when she’s “ready”. Me on the other hand, I’ve been on eSIM
I hope it will be easy- I think if you can convert- I wonder if this would work if you just setup the new iPhone and get it setup and see if you just transfer it over that way

Reactions: beach bum
Do you want me to? Just like the good old days? I remember waiting for @beach bum to wake up every day for a while 😆
Oh yeah, she would post sometime around 3:30 AM. This time I'm not going to be up late hungry. I want tacos, pizza, snacks, Cheetos, Oreos, and so on. Bring it!

I'm in west LA and it's hot AF! It's never this hot here, been like this for a week now. After Saturday it drops way down, I can't wait.
Yeah, at least you guys have the Pacific Ocean. We don't have that luxury. Although, I am missing the beach. The funny thing is I just got back from a 3-day vacation.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
One thing I hate, not that my reason is morally sound, but I hate losing the ability to take my sim out of my phone and putting it into my iPad which keeps me from eating up my tethering limits. Also I like to have a second phone every now and then and it made it easier to switch back and forth between phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.