Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

whattodo11

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I settled on this for $15.99 and got 5% off.

353a2d8d677734a31e0055d6dc928748.png

just ordered one myself. thanks!

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So anyone know what VZWā€™s process is for esim transfer?
Basically you do this on your verizon account on your browser (not the verizon app).

on Verizon, sign in, Account > My Devices > Activate or Switch Device > Activate on an existing Line. From there enter your IMEI2 and follow instructions afterward.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.05.54 PM.png

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I wouldnā€™t bother. It should transfer automatically. What bothers me is that Verizon and all the carriers will now get to charge you an upgrade fee. Before, you wouldnā€™t get charged if you just swapped sims and bought direct from Apple unactivated. This time, however, since they have to activate the esim in the phone, be prepared for that extra charge on your next phone bill.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m afraid of with them going to eSim only.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
" data-source="post: 31420174" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
@Limeybasturd Tempted to email Apple executives this later tonight. I'm thinking... LOL uh... oooo. The struggle is real.

Can you at least draft this in a professional Apple-like manner for me, please? I will take care of the rest.

No. Just copy and past it verbatim. Iā€™d like to hear my verbiage on the Apple event in 2023 as is.

Last edited:

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I wouldnā€™t bother. It should transfer automatically. What bothers me is that Verizon and all the carriers will now get to charge you an upgrade fee. Before, you wouldnā€™t get charged if you just swapped sims and bought direct from Apple unactivated. This time, however, since they have to activate the esim in the phone, be prepared for that extra charge on your next phone bill.
IT would depend on how it's ordered and done. If you do the "Get an unconnected iPhone" and pay full price from that option, there is no activation fee at all. I've done this many times and not a single upgrade/activation fee ever appeared on my next month bill.

Now if you choose the verizon carrier option and whether you finance or pay in full from that option, then there is an activation fee.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Is instore pick up a better guarantee than delivery? Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve bought at launch
I've done in-store pickup a couple of times and I've never had an issue with getting the iPhone configuration that I pre-ordered online at my local Apple Store. The downside is there's no tracking you can follow. The morning of release day (9/16) you'll get an email from Apple saying your iPhone is ready for pick-up. It's possible that your local Apple Store might not have the iPhone you want in stock, so you might have to pickup at another location. I usually order the Pro + Gold, which isn't a very popular iPhone, so I've never had an issue!

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Yea reviews will hit early next week like Tuesday and Wednesday with some leaks and early unboxings happening like on Monday. Basically popular tech reviewers like iJustine, staff here in Mac Rumors, CNET etc who got invited to the Apple Event are going to be sent phones from Apple for review. Some might have gotten their phones yesterday right after the event.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
So I've been heavily interviewing with 5 companies. One just skipped me to the final interview. When I told another company about the fast track just now, they immediately set me up for a super day of interviews on the 16th!!

This may be the sign for me to wait until I get an offer before ordering. I had a connection who was going to bring me into his company back in July that didn't work out, so I guess I better behave. I'm good at finding iPhones and I live in an area with a good concentration of stores. Plus, I plan on purchasing the AW 8, the AirPod Pros, and the new iPad Pro (whenever that comes out). It can be a birthday celebration package for me.

Send me good vibes!
Good luck!!! šŸ¤ž I'm also in the middle of a job hunt. I decided no matter what I'm at least getting a new iPhone. I'm waiting for the next AW at least to replace my AW 6 even though the battery doesn't last a full day if I'm super active. šŸ˜“

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
IT would depend on how it's ordered and done. If you do the "Get an unconnected iPhone" and pay full price from that option, there is no activation fee at all. I've done this many times and not a single upgrade/activation fee ever appeared on my next month bill.

Now if you choose the verizon carrier option and whether you finance or pay in full from that option, then there is an activation fee.
I did a 14 Pro ATT and Pro Max "Get an unconnected" Is there a chance one will get an activation fee? Bc ill just cancel the ATT one now and do both unconnected

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Good luck!!! šŸ¤ž I'm also in the middle of a job hunt. I decided no matter what I'm at least getting a new iPhone. I'm waiting for the next AW at least to replace my AW 6 even though the battery doesn't last a full day if I'm super active. šŸ˜“

Sending good vibes to you both! At the start of this year I left my job I had been at for like 7 year ( the environment got super toxic). I was unemployed and a recruiter for Apple reached out to me via LinkedIn. It was for a role in my local Apple store but the pay and benefits were great. I made it to the final round of interviews but didn't make it. It's hard to get hired by Apple ( like the hunger games lol).

Three almost four months ago a landed a great marketing coordinator job that pays well. The first thing I thought was " yes I can buy the iPhone 14 in the fall ". Ha

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I did a 14 Pro ATT and Pro Max "Get an unconnected" Is there a chance one will get an activation fee? Bc ill just cancel the ATT one now and do both unconnected
if you get the "Get an unconnected" it's essentially a sim-free model (yes they changed the naming of it). There will be no activation fee if you go with this route. But for your 14 pro on aTT, there's a possiblity. But you can also try contacting AT&T to see if they can credit that back to you? I know with Verizon it's a hit or miss of getting that waived off.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Question. I sometimes like to use my S22 ultra. I just switch my SIM card. Can I still do this with e-sim?

Not easily. Since the 14s don't have a SIM card slot, only the internal esim chip can be used and you would have to call the cell phone company to swap the EID number every time you want to switch.

Reactions: valinda
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.