Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Do you use a case and if so, do you have moments where you take the case off? I'm going for the Silver again this year, but I do not use a case. I think that the silver/white combo is too gorgeous to then cover it, although I guess if one were to use a clear case, then their color choice will still shine.

Caudabe Lucid Clear case look like you donā€™t have a case on. Iā€™m waiting for them to bring it out for the 14 Pro Max.

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
Hi guyyyys. Iā€™m new but I actually was a ghost in this group last year patiently waiting to get my 13 pro max in Sierra blue like everyone else was . I wasnā€™t going to upgrade but I changed my mind šŸ¤£ Iā€™m gonna be pre ordering the iPhone 14 pro max in space black 256gb Which Iā€™m so happy they have brought back a actual black color . I had the 7 plus back in the day in that color and loved it ā¤ļø Luckily my bf is upgrading from the XR , which is a great jump for him . And is gonna take my sierra blue. so it gave the perfect excuse for me to get a new one . šŸ˜ˆ

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
if you get the "Get an unconnected" it's essentially a sim-free model (yes they changed the naming of it). There will be no activation fee if you go with this route. But for your 14 pro on aTT, there's a possiblity. But you can also try contacting AT&T to see if they can credit that back to you? I know with Verizon it's a hit or miss of getting that waived off.
Yeah I did one at ATT one unconnected bc Idk which one im keeping lol. I figured do one ATT bc Ill be keeping 1 of the 2. I read online ATT does not charge for Esim. That'll prob change one day

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
One thing I hate, not that my reason is morally sound, but I hate losing the ability to take my sim out of my phone and putting it into my iPad which keeps me from eating up my tethering limits. Also I like to have a second phone every now and then and it made it easier to switch back and forth between phones.
I'm not sure how it works today but in the past, when I was traveling and needed to transfer the esim back and forth between two phones (don't ask) I was able to do it. It think at that point (like 4? years ago) I had to scan a QR code but I bet it is possible and easier to move the esim between phones now. This was with AT&T so YMMV.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Hi guyyyys. Iā€™m new but I actually was a ghost in this group last year patiently waiting to get my 13 pro max in Sierra blue like everyone else was . I wasnā€™t going to upgrade but I changed my mind šŸ¤£ Iā€™m gonna be pre ordering the iPhone 14 pro max in space black 256gb Which Iā€™m so happy they have brought back a actual black color . I had the 7 plus back in the day in that color and loved it ā¤ļø Luckily my bf is upgrading from the XR , which is a great jump for him . And is gonna take my sierra blue. so it gave the perfect excuse for me to get a new one . šŸ˜ˆ
Welcome aboard!

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Apple already put a charge on my credit card. But I assume it was just to check and see if I had funds on it. Itā€™s weird since itā€™s not an actual pre order yet lol
I thought this was odd. My Apple Card got a pending charge when I did the get ready. I donā€™t remember the pre preorder doing a credit check last year at launch.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
it used to be 2am Chicago time. Iā€™ll be up at 5:50am to log on to my work laptop (I WFH) and will be patiently waiting for 7am to hit!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.