Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I still am still on the iPhone 7+. I canā€™t wait to upgrade to the iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple. I will be up at 4:30 to order. Tomorrow is also my birthday so it makes it that much better!!

And I love these threads, I learned how to track all my Apple devices from them and learn so much and get great tips from all of you!!!

Happy early Birthday!

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Folks, make sure you have everything updated on the Apple store App. Make sure everything is saved. I expect the Apple store to go down within 3 or 6 hours from right now or by midnight tonight.

Today, the store might go down at 9:00 PM or 12:00 AM (PST) Once the store goes down. You will not be able to make any more changes until the Apple store opens up at 05:00 AM PST tomorrow morning.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone know if you have several devices in your preorder section, is it one transaction or each device separately? Iā€™ve always only ordered one thing. Thanks

Attachments

• 5C4FBC48-868D-40AC-B3AE-DF73FA4AAA37.jpeg
    5C4FBC48-868D-40AC-B3AE-DF73FA4AAA37.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: whattodo11

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
I can 100% tell you that of all pre-orders i have done. I have always gotten a sim-free model and have activated an e-sim on my own and have never been charged. Of course I don't see any thing on my bill in the past of where the activation fee was implied on.

I recently did one for my wife on a 13 pro max as she needed a new phone. got the sim free, and did it on esim. No charge.

Time will tell.

Ok this is good news. I have never done this with Verizon obviously, but I hope the charge doesn't post. I'm on a family plan so I won't find out until the bill comes due lol.

Iā€™m with Verizon, but this is exactly why I transferred my 13pm to esim last night.

What all does this entail? More importantly, will the eSIM just transfer from phone to phone?

rumz

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
Iā€™m with Verizon, but this is exactly why I transferred my 13pm to esim last night.
Whatā€™s the process Then when your 14 shows up if youā€™re already on esim? Do you still have to talk to Verizon CS?

Gsxr750

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Ok this is good news. I have never done this with Verizon obviously, but I hope the charge doesn't post. I'm on a family plan so I won't find out until the bill comes due lol.

What all does this entail? More importantly, will the eSIM just transfer from phone to phone?
Iā€™m on the iOS16 beta. In the esim options for add sim thereā€™s a selection called ā€œtransfer from nearby iPhoneā€. Iā€™m thinking it works just like setting up a new iPhone from a previous one, the way it has in the past.
Whatā€™s the process Then when your 14 shows up if youā€™re already on esim? Do you still have to talk to Verizon CS?
Hopefully just select the transfer from nearby iPhone option in the carrier settings under add esim. Not sure. Havenā€™t done it, think itā€™s a new ios16 thing so not sure anyoneā€™s ever done it.

applesed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
Hello everyone!! After todayā€™s Keynote, I decided to upgrade from the 1TB 13 PM to 1TB 14 PM in Space Black. It looks very sleek. I was on the fence for awhile, but after today, the camera and island made my decision for me. Now for the actual pre-order and tracking to begin.
do you use all that space, for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.