Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

kevinchavarria

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2019
Hi guys, I am back after almost a year of being away, and we are being reunited again.

I am ordering the wife's phone through Verizon this year, and I am wanting to pay for it in full but I am using a $350 Verizon gift card. I am going with 128GB 14 Pro Max in Deep Purple. What is the fastest way to check out to secure one on launch date?

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Just got a text that my 14 Pro Max Storm Blue and Clear MagSafe cases will be delivered tomorrow!
I hit the tracking button and itā€™s a company Iā€™ve never heard of before ā€œDeliver Itā€. Their tracking says delivery by tomorrow (9/9 8pm) - but Appleā€™s still says Monday (9/12). Guess weā€™ll see. Maybe being in Los Angeles area helps. Weā€™re pretty close to an Apple Distribution hub in Rialto, I believe.

I know everybodyā€™s gonna fit their 13s in there to see the size diffā€¦šŸ˜ƒ

Gsxr750

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
What all does this entail? More importantly, will the eSIM just transfer from phone to phone?
I contacted Verizon through web chat. Told them I wanted to transfer my physical sim to esim. They had me give them my imei 1 and imei 2 numbers. Sent an authorization text to a phone number on my family plan. Never actually got it. Got to attempt 3 which according to the rep would be the last time they could try in a 24 hour period. FiancĆ© never got the text, but it randomly came up in the my Verizon app. Told the rep I got it and they never replied. A message popped up on my phone saying esim ready to activate. Activated it. Took a min or so. Popped out my physical sim and thatā€™s all there was to it.

Easy for the most part. But the Verizon rep was soooo slow to reply to anything. Iā€™m talking non 5 minutes between replies. Not sure if a glitch happened at the end, or they disconnected the chat but when I informed them that it worked and thanked them, it said message undeliverable.

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Folks, make sure you have everything updated on the Apple store App. Make sure everything is saved. I expect the Apple store to go down within 3 or 6 hours from right now or by midnight tonight.

Today, the store might go down at 9:00 PM or 12:00 AM (PST) Once the store goes down. You will not be able to make any more changes until the Apple store opens up at 05:00 AM PST tomorrow morning.

Captain, my captain! Thank You! This is a great reminder.

Does anyone remember - - once we get on the apple store app tomorrow to finish the order, what are the actual steps you have to go through to complete the purchase? (In other words, what screens should we expect?) As many times I've done this over the years...i forgot! haha

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I've done in-store pickup a couple of times and I've never had an issue with getting the iPhone configuration that I pre-ordered online at my local Apple Store. The downside is there's no tracking you can follow. The morning of release day (9/16) you'll get an email from Apple saying your iPhone is ready for pick-up. It's possible that your local Apple Store might not have the iPhone you want in stock, so you might have to pickup at another location. I usually order the Pro + Gold, which isn't a very popular iPhone, so I've never had an issue!
Almost forgot about the no-plane tracking for ISPUā€¦I was gonna do that this year, but now re-thinking. I hate the UPS game..did my hold go thru, did it not, itā€™s on the truck, Iā€™m stalking the truck with the GPS follow my deliveryā€¦šŸ¤Æ

I like the store pickups too, because of the great new iPhone vibes. Everyone in line and in store is so happy and stoked. šŸ¤”

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
@MaxE
I hit the tracking button and itā€™s a company Iā€™ve never heard of before ā€œDeliver Itā€. Their tracking says delivery by tomorrow (9/9 8pm) - but Appleā€™s still says Monday (9/12). Guess weā€™ll see. Maybe being in Los Angeles area helps. Weā€™re pretty close to an Apple Distribution hub in Rialto, I believe.

I know everybodyā€™s gonna fit their 13s in there to see the size diffā€¦šŸ˜ƒ

Same here, the tracking is from Deliver-IT. Never heard of them before. Also showing 9/9 by 8pm.

Reactions: julit0

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
Awwwwww yisssss ....

1662687082025.png

Coming from a XR. Should be a mild improvement. šŸ˜…

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
This is so weird. Apple magically pulled my old address from the sky, and shipped my case there. Checked everywhere to make sure I deleted the old address, and itā€™s nowhere to be found. And of course Apple has no answer cause itā€™s already shipped. Lol!!!! Let the debauchery begin already!
Did you check on Apple pay in your wallet? many stories of the old address being stuck in there under the credit card and having to scroll down or select a new one - or it wasnā€™t updated in the Wallet.

That's good news. Thought it would be next Friday.
No Sir, weā€™ll know exactly how the new iPhone is by Tuesday or Wednesday. However, those reviews are well scripted and written by Apple to boost sales to regular consumers. But it will give us a good visual of how the device will look like.

Last edited:

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
if you get the "Get an unconnected" it's essentially a sim-free model (yes they changed the naming of it). There will be no activation fee if you go with this route. But for your 14 pro on aTT, there's a possiblity. But you can also try contacting AT&T to see if they can credit that back to you? I know with Verizon it's a hit or miss of getting that waived off.
I every year I have been able to get the $30 upgrade fee waived from ATT. Never have been denied.

Hi guyyyys. Iā€™m new but I actually was a ghost in this group last year patiently waiting to get my 13 pro max in Sierra blue like everyone else was . I wasnā€™t going to upgrade but I changed my mind šŸ¤£ Iā€™m gonna be pre ordering the iPhone 14 pro max in space black 256gb Which Iā€™m so happy they have brought back a actual black color . I had the 7 plus back in the day in that color and loved it ā¤ļø Luckily my bf is upgrading from the XR , which is a great jump for him . And is gonna take my sierra blue. so it gave the perfect excuse for me to get a new one . šŸ˜ˆ
Welcome aboard! Hope you can follow along and stick around with the journey. Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: Brad7
Apple already put a charge on my credit card. But I assume it was just to check and see if I had funds on it. Itā€™s weird since itā€™s not an actual pre order yet lol
They're just checking if your credit card is valid or not, probably.

Pretty much. Has me kinda worried actually, I'm gonna have to be on time at 5am which I might flop. šŸ˜‚

The purple and dynamic island are both the iPhone "status symbols" this year.
It's going to be interesting if Dynamic Island will survive or see its demise. Hopefully, it doesn't end up like Touch ID.

Captain, my captain! Thank You! This is a great reminder.

Does anyone remember - - once we get on the apple store app tomorrow to finish the order, what are the actual steps you have to go through to complete the purchase? (In other words, what screens should we expect?) As many times I've done this over the years...i forgot! haha
Just look for the pre-order and check-out button. Here's hoping the pre-order goes smooth and we don't experience any type of lags and crashes. Good luck to you!!!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I feel the same - I toyed with the idea of getting the white/silver option as I've always wanted a white phone but this has cemented my choice with purple... Royal Purple. Thank you for your kind words - but as you say, she was one for the entire world not just Britain!
She was indeed one for the entire world.

I hope you enjoy the purple color. I think choosing it is a sweet personal tribute.

Well my husband and I were too exhausted to go to the scheduled school function this evening.

Instead, he is busy right this minute entering the information for preorder and heā€™s choosing purple, too! Purple 12 Pro Max 256 GB

My family is mocking me mercilessly for putting myself down for a 1 TB model. But thereā€™s a possibility that if the display doesnā€™t aggravate my pwm sensitivity, I may hang onto this one. Especially if they remove the charging port on the next one.

Iā€™m always a little afraid of what Apple may remove next.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.