Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
umm, that would require you to reverse Earth's rotation....do you have the tech to achieve this?
Old TNG reference that I'm not sure anyone will get

04c13cca-7eb3-48c1-8475-178680966140_text.gif

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
So I should just set up as new the restore from a back up then.
I don’t know if this is helpful, but whenever I have bought a new phone, I always set it up as new and then sign into my iCloud to bring all my contacts and photos over. I like to start totally fresh with the software. If there were any issues in your software, that could potentially come over to the new device. I learned about that when I worked for Apple years ago, so maybe that’s changed, but I just do it all new and let iCloud bring over the important stuff.

It is most definitely not worth it. Restore from backup puts all your apps and data right back where they were. Much easier than starting from scratch. The only thing you might have to do is re-enter a couple passwords.
Personal preference. But I want a fresh install with bugs free. If you want to store data back you have iCloud to do that.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I don’t know if this is helpful, but whenever I have bought a new phone, I always set it up as new and then sign into my iCloud to bring all my contacts and photos over. I like to start totally fresh with the software. If there were any issues in your software, that could potentially come over to the new device. I learned about that when I worked for Apple years ago, so maybe that’s changed, but I just do it all new and let iCloud bring over the important stuff.
New this year. Don't on open Wi-Fi. Get updated to 16.0.1 first, then try what you've always done.

Good Luck! Happy Days!

Well said, Thank you! 🤲🏻

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
So far we've heard of two people who have trucks out for delivery. I never knew some hubs start that early.

Reactions: SpecB

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Finally got the arrival scan for my phone and watch- they are in my state. I think I was kind of right it was on A truck from from Kentucky to Virginia since it left Ky at 3:41 pm and got here at 1:51 am. I think it was in the truck the driver Picked up the stud drive couple hours then took A scheduled break then continue driving so that is like 10 hrs and 10 minutes drive if the driver took his break. since it’s only 8 hours from KY to VA

Attachments

• 91E46E42-0710-4C17-9C6C-43AD0373D913.png
    91E46E42-0710-4C17-9C6C-43AD0373D913.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 45

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Well said, Thank you! 🤲🏻
Listen, if we are internal and they stress the importance of this, I’m going to listen to the company’s suggestion lol. It’s never been an issue. Everything comes over. Including passwords.It’s perfect for me.
I also don’t have my apps organized on a Home Screen. I search what I need in the app drawer and only utilize the dock for my 4 most used apps.

Listen, if we are internal and they stress the importance of this, I’m going to listen to the company’s suggestion lol. It’s never been an issue. Everything comes over. Including passwords.It’s perfect for me.
I also don’t have my apps organized on a Home Screen. I search what I need in the app drawer and only utilize the dock for my 4 most used apps.
I agree. If it's internal and the company is suggesting that. That's a green light. There's alot of research that going behind it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.