Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
@Brad7 @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— I am going to get some shuteye. Will catch up with you guys early tomorrow. Good Night!
sleep-good-night.gif

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
Personal preference. But I want a fresh install with bugs free. If you want to store data back you have iCloud to do that.
I just donā€™t want to have to download and sign in to dozens of apps. Streaming, shopping, food, socials, games, etcā€¦ not to mention all the wifi networks, settingsā€¦ just way too much of a hassle. Iā€™ve been restoring every year for 10 years (my photos and texts go back to 2012) and never had a single problem with those mythical ā€œbugsā€ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
I just donā€™t want to have to download and sign in to dozens of apps. Streaming, shopping, food, socials, games, etcā€¦ not to mention all the wifi networks, settingsā€¦ just way too much of a hassle. Iā€™ve been restoring every year for 10 years (my photos and texts go back to 2012) and never had a single problem with those mythical ā€œbugsā€ šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Whatever works for you is best. :)

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
The keychain is on the cloud. Thatā€™s what Carries the passwords over anyways. ā˜ŗļø

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Guys, it's best to set up your iPhone as brand new. You get a different feel to it. It's worth it.
I wish I understood the whole picture well enough to not be freaked out by doing it this way. I donā€™t have enough knowledge to know what I will and wonā€™t get back, what Iā€™ll have to setup from scratch etc. I always do backups but Iā€™ve never used them. I always just let the new phone copy the old one and Iā€™m done and everything is where it was.
I feel like the anxiety is just too much. What ifā€™s are so many! Maybe itā€™s better, I believe you all, but itā€™s safer for an old lady like me to not try it.
That being said.. Iā€™d like to know what you mean by having a different feel to it by doing it that way? I mean sure it would seem fresh if you have to load everything one by one but that sounds like a lot of work. :(

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
I wish I understood the whole picture well enough to not be freaked out by doing it this way. I donā€™t have enough knowledge to know what I will and wonā€™t get back, what Iā€™ll have to setup from scratch etc. I always do backups but Iā€™ve never used them. I always just let the new phone copy the old one and Iā€™m done and everything is where it was.
I feel like the anxiety is just too much. What ifā€™s are so many! Maybe itā€™s better, I believe you all, but itā€™s safer for an old lady like me to not try it.
That being said.. Iā€™d like to know what you mean by having a different feel to it by doing it that way? I mean sure it would seem fresh if you have to load everything one by one but that sounds like a lot of work. :(
Do it the way that you are familiar and comfortable with.

CPTmom2wp

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
If you want to do it but feel anxious about losing something, you could go to your carrier's local store and have them do it for you.. It just takes a couple of minutes.

If you prefer going backups. Go with that option. There is no harm. Do what makes you feel comfortable. Stick with the option where you feel comfortable the most.

Reactions: Laryl and Brad7

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Do it the way that you are familiar and comfortable with.
Yes but I do like to learn. If people are saying itā€™s better not to, then I question my routine just because itā€™s comfortable. Iā€™ll probably just do the quick way. If Apple has that setup you would think itā€™s not all bad. Just a choice I guess. Back when computers were just being a thing, I was on the ground floor. I lost the flow really fast. Lol I can program a TRS80 and I was chatting before the internet was even a thing. :) itā€™s frustrating to have it so over my head now.

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
Yes but I do like to learn. If people are saying itā€™s better not to, then I question my routine just because itā€™s comfortable. Iā€™ll probably just do the quick way. If Apple has that setup you would think itā€™s not all bad. Just a choice I guess. Back when computers were just being a thing, I was on the ground floor. I lost the flow really fast. Lol I can program a TRS80 and I was chatting before the internet was even a thing. :) itā€™s frustrating to have it so over my head now.
Apple gives us choices. The easiest way is to just let iCloud back up all of your vital information ... Contacts, Photos/Videos, etc.. It's just a set it and forget it backup system.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
If you want to do it but feel anxious about losing something, you could go to your carrier's local store and have them do it for you.. It just takes a couple of minutes.
The carrier store? Oh heck no. :) Iā€™m not worried about doing it the couple minutes way, Iā€™d be worried starting fresh and they wonā€™t take time for that. Thank you though, I appreciate it when people reply to my posts. :)

Completed understand. Honestly, I'm just weird and when it comes to things like that such as tech. I get very pick and critical. Sometimes I get annoyed to myself. You can also go with what @Shh posted.

#20,097

Reactions: Laryl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.