Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Weird update. I got “The package is being held for pickup as receiver requested” a couple hours ago, but now I got “Out for Delivery” and then another update “Delivered” and delivery location as “Dock” and “Received by” someone with a first name that is NOT mine.

I hope this is just the item being held for pickup, not some UPS worker stealing my phone.

Mine said the package is being held for pickup, and then changed to Out for delivery. I’m now waiting in front of the hub and praying it’s still here and not on the truck.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Good morning, all! Its a great iPhone Christmas Day! WTF, UPS? :mad: Hoping the scans are just out of order.
DO BETTER!

IMG_808DC1C20D01-1.jpeg

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I was able to locate and buy a PS5 and 2 Xbox Series X by following @mattswider on tweeter. He tracks the availability at BestBuy, Walmart, Target, GameStop, Costco, PlayStation Direct, etc. and sends tweeter alerts with the link to the store to purchase. He even has a YouTube Channel telling you how-to. He has over a million followers by now, many of whom have gotten the consoles through his alerts. You probably should try him.

Thank you! I just followed him.

Reactions: SoxX

zephiK

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2021
So I cancelled my Oct 10th delivery order for the 1000 TMO Promo so I could pickup in store, and now my service plan is not eligible for the $1000 discount unless I Upgrade it at a cost of $35 extra a month. If I don’t I only get 720 credit.

Awesome. I keep getting screwed.
Dealing with carriers suck anyway. The $1000 tmobile promo you get is done through a period of 24 months and you don't get the whole amount right away. Plus like you said, you'd need to be on Magenta Max.

If you haven't gotten the phone, you can try Best Buy as they're giving you instant credit and they may have stock for same day in store pickup.

2PuttBogey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
You shouldn't have to set it up there. If you need help the Genius will provide it but otherwise, I've never known it to be a requirement that you set the phone up in-store. The only plus side would be if there would be any issues with set-up they could fix it right there for you.
That is what I figured. I only wondered because when my teenage daughter upgraded a hand me down iPhone last year to a 13 Pro Max at Best Buy they made here activate the phone there.

enricoclaudio

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2017
I'm going at 12 noon to pickup my 14 Pro Max and trade in my 12 Pro. My question is, should I trade in my 12 Pro right at the moment of picking the 14 Pro max or after setting up the 14 Pro Max at home? meaning I would need to go back to the Apple Store either later today or tomorrow morning. I have 2 x Apple Stores at less than 20 mins from home. I already backed up my 12 Pro but seems wiser to setup the 14 Pro Max with the 12 Pro still with me.

najicta

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Mine landed at the hub airport just after 7 last night; it arrived to the big UPS processing center for my area around 3am (it’s only around 30min from the airport). It left the processing center and travelled 25mi north to the local distribution center this AM and arrived at 7:15am; it’s presently still “preparing for delivery”; generally, even though this center is only 10mi away, UPS comes between 4p & 6p to my area, but sometimes sooner. Regardless, I set up a basket with snacks and beverages - these workers are probably busting their butts today! I consider this the beginning of the holiday season, and I want them to have an early pick me up :) I still put out my pre-sign paperwork because I’m home sick today and would love to not have to be face to face to the delivery person!

Reactions: LoadingPleaseWait

2PuttBogey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
Ok! Called Apple Store support and they said I am allowed to pick up my iPhone before the delivery window which is tomorrow, today. It’s going to be a disaster but I have all day open and a battery charger. Off I go!!
Is that normal for most stores? How long do you think you would have to wait? I have a pickup tomorrow that I'd rather get today.

Reactions: Kat1661
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.