Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Kk0812

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
Got mine. Silver 14 Pro Max, 256 GB.

Not sure if it's whiter this year? Hard to tell in low lighting. Thoughts from other Silver owners?
can you post pictures? from what iā€™ve seen it looks super white but i donā€™t make if itā€™s actually whiter than the others without side by side comparisons which i havenā€™t been able to find online

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
My local Apple stores will have all models/colors available tomorrow. So tempted to cancel the DP 14PM and get the Silver 14PM but only if the manager allows me to swap today if theyā€™re in stock now.

Tomorrow might mean today FYI. The stores havenā€™t opened yet so the website is still showing pre-order.

Reactions: chasers and Kat1661

Graphikos

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
I'm pretty frustrated. Despite requesting it be held 3 times over the past week (because of no real feedback) it now shows that the requests are still "Pending" and it's out for delivery. C'mon UPS. I have to leave town at 4 PM, just take it to the UPS Store so I can pick it up!

2PuttBogey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
My Best Buy preorder for delivery today is now delayed for almost 2 weeks. I was able to secure a phone at a local Apple Store for pickup tomorrow afternoon. When I made the pickup appointment it reminded me to have a backup of my current phone before I go. Do I have to set the new phone up at the store tomorrow? I don't really have time in my schedule to do that.

Also, since I have a scheduled pickup time tomorrow does that mean the phone is there now and if I'm willing to wait in the walk in line today could I just get it today? My schedule is slightly better today to pickup and setup.

Reactions: Kat1661

em245

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
New England
Ugh you just gave me major PTSD lol I was mentally blocking out that entire experienceā€¦ I was following his page religiously when he was sharing ā€œinsider tipsā€ on when drops would happen and more often than not they were totally wrong. When I finally got my PS5 it ultimately had nothing to do with his page!
Sorry about your bad experience with @mattswider. :( I had the exact opposite. I followed him for about 3-6 weeks and was able to buy all my consoles. I guess it's different for everyone. I'm glad you finally got your PS5 though, regardless.:)

Reactions: MrRom92

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
The map link someone posted earlier (https://www.ups.com/wmd/map/request?z=<trackingNumber>) didn't work for me :(

But my family member's iPhone is on the truck for delivery. It should be at my house by 10 am just to drive right past it and come back around 5:30-6:30 pm. Official estimate is delivery between 1:30-5:30 pm today.

My 14 pro max is still processing with a delivery in 2 weeks (hoping for a quicker delivery time). I could get it tomorrow from a nearby apple store but that would mean visiting a busy mall over the weekend and changing from black to purple or gold (Or spending an extra $100? for a 512gb version)

Kat1661

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2019
My Best Buy preorder for delivery today is now delayed for almost 2 weeks. I was able to secure a phone at a local Apple Store for pickup tomorrow afternoon. When I made the pickup appointment it reminded me to have a backup of my current phone before I go. Do I have to set the new phone up at the store tomorrow? I don't really have time in my schedule to do that.

Also, since I have a scheduled pickup time tomorrow does that mean the phone is there now and if I'm willing to wait in the walk in line today could I just get it today? My schedule is slightly better today to pickup and setup.
my window is for tomorrow as well but i have more time to pick it up today. i was wondering the same thing.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
CB27F16C-FC5A-461A-A46A-AADB53822511.jpeg

So ummmmm. Can I pick it up now? It told me tomorrow at 4pm but here it is saying itā€™s ready.

Jamo12

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Ohio
Out for delivery (for real this time)! Less than 5 hours probably. My house is usually near the end of the delivery path *sigh*

2PuttBogey

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2022
my window is for tomorrow as well but i have more time to pick it up today. i was wondering the same thing.
Yeah, I didn't know if that meant the stock was there today but there were no more pickup windows available or if it meant that stock was arriving tonight for pickup tomorrow.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I totally wish I could be excited about this. However any time Iā€™ve been on 5G with my carrier in various citiesā€¦ itā€™s still been slower than LTE. Iā€™ve also not been lucky enough to stand in the exact spots mmWave exists soooā€¦

That being said, LTE is still 200+ Mbps in the places I use it so itā€™s not like Iā€™m exactly hurting for speedy usage for now. In the future as files and streaming service bandwidth needs increase in size, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be nice.
I was talking to someone on the MacRumors thread on this subject and he said the bars signal was not issue, and yeah in some areas of town there are moments in full 5 bar 5G it is obvious that it is busy but for me in my neighborhood I get more bars now with 13 ProMax modem than my 12 ProMax and better speeds so for me ā€” personal issues/need it improve will be interesting to see what this new modem does

Reactions: DarkCole

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
E2AFD7F8-EB96-410D-B918-E868B51292D3.png
My phone was misrouted to the wrong state and had been rescheduled for Monday as I was sleeping, but apparently got back on track for delivery today. Iā€™m looking forward to the new phone but am not crazy about instant gratification so if it didnā€™t get here until Monday I would have been perfectly fine with it. A late delivered phone wouldnā€™t have been earth shattering and my life would have gone on as normal without it for a few days. Hakuna matata. It is nice to have it today though as it is my day off and I would have been working all day Monday and would have had to redirect it to a local UPS Store to pick it up on Tuesday.

Reactions: sluggozmom

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The map link someone posted earlier (https://www.ups.com/wmd/map/request?z=<trackingNumber>) didn't work for me :(

But my family member's iPhone is on the truck for delivery. It should be at my house by 10 am just to drive right past it and come back around 5:30-6:30 pm. Official estimate is delivery between 1:30-5:30 pm today.

My 14 pro max is still processing with a delivery in 2 weeks (hoping for a quicker delivery time). I could get it tomorrow from a nearby apple store but that would mean visiting a busy mall over the weekend and changing from black to purple or gold (Or spending an extra $100? for a 512gb version)
That sucks that Map my Delivery is no longer really a thing. I haven't had that option in a long time

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
So I cancelled my Oct 10th delivery order for the 1000 TMO Promo so I could pickup in store, and now my service plan is not eligible for the $1000 discount unless I Upgrade it at a cost of $35 extra a month. If I donā€™t I only get 720 credit.

Awesome. I keep getting screwed.

em245

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
New England

It's not working for me either. It said "Your Follow My Delivery live map is no longer available." I think we broke it. šŸ¤£

Reactions: MrRom92 and SoxX

Got Haggis?

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
I have ups my choice, earlier in the week - I had it scheduled to be delivered to a ups store. after 24 hours, they denied the request (wtf) - not a huge deal, someone will be home today. However, I just checked the ups tracking and now it says "Delayed, attention needed" - "we're not able to deliver this package to the ups access point, we're contacting the receiver for an alternate location". what.

• Angry
Reactions: Wolfs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.