Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Aggie2010

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2016
It finally changed back to out for delivery. Hopefully it doesnā€™t switch back to processing like it did earlier.
4C6A33B9-C3D4-401A-B1AF-D9204E5E6867.jpeg

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I am sure more will appear but here are some ways to backup from old to new phone good reminder since I only do this once a year my only question is my old 13 ProMax has the release 16.0 and that is going to be newer than the 16 on the 14 Pro max so wonder if I will have to first put latest 16 on my new 14 ProMax?

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
Was just about to whine that mine still didn't say Out for Delivery even though it had arrived at the facility in the wee hours of the morning, but it just went to "Out for Delivery" a few minutes ago, so I will be eagerly awaiting in my ever-so-precise 10 hour delivery "window". šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: JeffSquad

1GSXR2ENVY

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2018
MIAMI
I remember one year that my phone didnā€™t change to out for delivery until they delivered it. Talk about a stressful dayā€¦
They like to drop a pallet of packages off at my building and not submit the scan until a few buildings later haha.

• Wow
Reactions: Brad7

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Besides the camera, the dynamic island and other improvements this below is another reason. Last years 5G modem improved reception for me (our neighborhood has 1-2 bar cell signal.). So I was hoping this modem was part of the new 14 Proā€™s at least and it is. Not sure about 14ā€™s they do not know yet either in articleā€¦

I totally wish I could be excited about this. However any time Iā€™ve been on 5G with my carrier in various citiesā€¦ itā€™s still been slower than LTE. Iā€™ve also not been lucky enough to stand in the exact spots mmWave exists soooā€¦

That being said, LTE is still 200+ Mbps in the places I use it so itā€™s not like Iā€™m exactly hurting for speedy usage for now. In the future as files and streaming service bandwidth needs increase in size, Iā€™m sure itā€™ll be nice.

Daran1977

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
What is the reason for unpairing your AW before activating your phone? My preferred method is phone to phone transfer if that makes a differenceā€¦ thanks

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
To me looks like my packages are on the same truck since both of mine started say out for delivery at 9:08am. so my driver probably start alot later. Not could be the same truck or two different ones donā€™t know and since the estimated tine frame are kind of within each other

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I am sure more will appear but here are some ways to backup from old to new phone good reminder since I only do this once a year my only question is my old 13 ProMax has the release 16.0 and that is going to be newer than the 16 on the 14 Pro max so wonder if I will have to first put latest 16 on my new 14 ProMax?

If you are restoring from an iCloud Backup no, you don't have to update it first, it will update automatically as part of the restore from iCloud backup process reboot and then restore.

If you are doing the Quick Migration where you place the phones next to each other and it copies data over, then yes, you need to update the software on your new phone first then reset the phone by Erasing All Content and Settings (Make sure you do NOT erase your eSIM) then start the process again and then it will transfer content.

The Quick Migration can't update the software because it only attempts to copy data from your current phone to new phone and it will detect an iOS mis match and not allow the restore. Hopefully they change that in the future to match the restore from iCloud process.

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
Following my delivery truck go literally on the next street/block of my house, then around my house, then to the other neighborhood, then other.. he always goes in circles around my house for hours while I'm dying to get my package asap. I thinks it's personal šŸ˜…
Happens to me every time I need a package. Then the times I donā€™t care heā€™s prompt at 9am

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Note to self.

1536x2048.jpg

Then go collect iP 14. More Peets. Try to remember to unpair AW. Peets. Good luck, it wlll all work out after that.

You donā€™t need to unpair the AW, during setup youā€™ll be asked if you want to pair your watch to the 14 pro, click continue and it automagically pairs to it.

Reactions: Xoterin

cmcclure88

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2014
I realize most are taking about deliveries right now but I pre-ordered a 14 Pro for in store pickup and itā€™s showing as ā€œready for pickupā€ however Iā€™m now seeing that my stores has Pro Max available for instore pickup today and Iā€™m having second thoughts.

If I cancel my current order and then reorder the PM, is the first one canceled immediately? Iā€™m doing a trade in and donā€™t want it to cause any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.