Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
7AM in the west coast. If you have missed this post. Thank you!!
Awww, thanks for the shout out @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— You are the MVP, the Belle Of The Ball and our fearless leader. šŸ’œ
@Brad7 Thank YOU so much for all the signature changes that were simultaneously helpful and made me laugh every time they were mentioned, and they were mentioned by many! šŸ¤£

@Limeybasturd as always, you are my guy! Dopamine/seratonin rush from laughing my šŸ‘ off every time you post.

To everyone here, thank you so much for being patient with me, laughing with (and sometimes at) me, and making this a week I truly look forward to each year.

@Shh and the rest of the #4digitgang, we are bonded for life. We journeyed through the unknown and made it to the other side šŸ˜‚.

@Laryl, girl-you have been through it. Love your positive attitude. Keep growing those haworthia, and I hope this iPhone year is much better!

@rjjacobson CheersšŸŗ to you!

Enjoy those iPhones, everyone. We earned them! Cant wait to do this again next year, with hopefully a (Product)RED Pro/Max in the lineup.

Kylejames182

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2021
F6D700F6-30CB-4BAE-BCC5-895AA553E24E.jpeg

Come on!

Jez1122

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
So I cancelled my Oct 10th delivery order for the 1000 TMO Promo so I could pickup in store, and now my service plan is not eligible for the $1000 discount unless I Upgrade it at a cost of $35 extra a month. If I donā€™t I only get 720 credit.

Awesome. I keep getting screwed.
Soo... my phone, which I ordered from Apple, but tied to my AT&T account, isn't being delivered until Oct 3 -Oct 10 -even though I ordered by 8:20 last Friday after tons of website issues. I also wanted to cancel it this morning and I went to AT&T first thing to pick one up. But they said that if I cancel my Apple order, it may not cancel the related AT&T contract right away - they don't know how long it will take (could be immediate or could take a week). If I decided instead to just pick up one at the AT&T store with intent to return the Apple phone whenever it got here, I wouldn't be eligible for their discount because my account is tied to the existing Apple order. I didn't want to risk it. I came home and called Apple and they said that because my order is tied to my AT&T account, it would take 24 hours after canceling before it detached from my AT&T account. That is probably what happened to you - you can't get the promo because even though you canceled your order, the part with your carrier is still tied to it and you probably have to wait the 24 hours. I didn't want to wait because Apple is now shipping at end of October and any wait I might have after canceling means I may not get the phone till end of October.

Thank you so much! Itā€™s been a fun ride. I can wait, just like to have fun.

Thanks for the amazing thread! šŸ„°
Thank you for your support. Make sure you stick around for my unboxing, please. It will be up within 5 hours. Itā€™s 7:21AM and the ups store opens at 10:00 šŸ˜£. Congratulations again!!!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I'm on the truck for delivery. Currently quoted an 11:30a-1:30p window. We'll see what happens. Normally UPS doesn't arrive until between 4-6p. I'm patient. Maybe they've got more drivers on routes today given some increased volume... ;)
At 9:07 I finally was out for delivery. While preparing at facility I had 4:15-5:15 estimate but now it is 4:15 to 6:00 PM thats the latest for my phones ever I have seen them around 4 ranging from 9AM to 3 PM over the years for most of my phones via UPS. Not sure they have more drivers but obviously my house is not first. On their route LOL

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
Dealing with carriers suck anyway. The $1000 tmobile promo you get is done through a period of 24 months and you don't get the whole amount right away. Plus like you said, you'd need to be on Magenta Max.

If you haven't gotten the phone, you can try Best Buy as they're giving you instant credit and they may have stock for same day in store pickup.

Agreed. Carriers are a nightmare to deal with for hardware. Finally just paid off our last installment plan through T-Mobile. All iPhones are now directly through Apple and our T-Mobile bill is strictly for cellular service. Hallelujah.

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
Grrrrrrrr.......So, I had selected for them to hold for pickup. It made it all the way to Chattanooga just for them to screw it up. I went to the CC to pick it up and knew it was going to be a s**tshow. There were like 8 people randomly standing around waiting for assistance. There were boxes just laying out in the open. There were 2 iphones that were just hanging out on a cart for whoever to just pick up. Anyways, the lady checked and couldn't find my package via name and then I asked if she wanted my tracking number. She goes for another 5 minutes and comes back and tells me that it is on the cart to be loaded on the vehicle. I asked her if it should get delivered today. She said it should unless it flags and has them bring it back to the CC. I came home and called and spoke with someone and they said it was loaded on the truck and it 'should' get delivered......The whole reason I needed to pick it up is that I am going to be out this afternoon. Sorry, rant over...lmao.

Enjoy those iPhones, everyone. We earned them! Cant wait to do this again next year, with hopefully a (Product)RED Pro/Max in the lineup.
I really wish that Apple would make a gloss black like the 3G.
100% Agree! But not to worry. I'm already in a process of getting in touch with Apple's iPhone Project Management team at corporate. I'm on a mission, Expect a gloss black/more darker shade of black iPhone from Apple soon. Itā€™s going to happen. Until next time! Enjoy and congratulations!!!

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Mine are in Riverside as of last night. Should be out for delivery this morning.

Love your Blue Meryl Sheltie! My daughter has had two and showed the first one in 4-H for 10 years finishing with Grand Champion in Advanced Agility, Senior Showmanship and Advanced Obedience at the Indiana State Fair. It is a wonderful breed -

On-topic, my new Deep Purple 236 PM is all set up with case and screen protector. Iā€™ll post pics later with cases. Have a meeting to go to now.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Iā€™ve had many iPhones over the years and have set them up in various different ways (i.e. setting up as new phone, restoring from backup or using data migration tool).

Iā€™m considering setting up as new this time and I want to make sure this is the way:

1. Unpair Apple Watch to create back up for that watch.

2. Make a back up to iCloud, in case something goes wrong.

3. Turn on new iPhone and choose set up as new once prompted.

4. Once set up, log in to iCloud from new iPhone to recover files, photos, settings, etcā€¦

5. Pair Apple Watch with new iPhone

Am I missing anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.