Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Iā€™m ā€œworking from homeā€ today. Aka sitting and watching out the window with Outlook notifications on. šŸ¤­
Perks of WFH. I feel distracted as well and waiting to get those notifications from UPS that itā€™s out on delivery then watch that truck circles and dances around my neighborhood later. What a tease šŸ˜‘

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Awww, thanks for the shout out @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— You are the MVP, the Belle Of The Ball and our fearless leader. šŸ’œ
@Brad7 Thank YOU so much for all the signature changes that were simultaneously helpful and made me laugh every time they were mentioned, and they were mentioned by many! šŸ¤£

@Limeybasturd as always, you are my guy! Dopamine/seratonin rush from laughing my šŸ‘ off every time you post.

To everyone here, thank you so much for being patient with me, laughing with (and sometimes at) me, and making this a week I truly look forward to each year.

@Shh and the rest of the #4digitgang, we are bonded for life. We journeyed through the unknown and made it to the other side šŸ˜‚.

@Laryl, girl-you have been through it. Love your positive attitude. Keep growing those haworthia, and I hope this iPhone year is much better!

@rjjacobson CheersšŸŗ to you!

Enjoy those iPhones, everyone. We earned them! Cant wait to do this again next year, with hopefully a (Product)RED Pro/Max in the lineup.
Is that your polite way of leaving ? Arenā€™t you going to wait for my white glove unboxing videos ?šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Come to daddy!

7F36CD00-7E3A-446C-97FE-FB848B85F378.gif

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Soo... my phone, which I ordered from Apple, but tied to my AT&T account, isn't being delivered until Oct 3 -Oct 10 -even though I ordered by 8:20 last Friday after tons of website issues. I also wanted to cancel it this morning and I went to AT&T first thing to pick one up. But they said that if I cancel my Apple order, it may not cancel the related AT&T contract right away - they don't know how long it will take (could be immediate or could take a week). If I decided instead to just pick up one at the AT&T store with intent to return the Apple phone whenever it got here, I wouldn't be eligible for their discount because my account is tied to the existing Apple order. I didn't want to risk it. I came home and called Apple and they said that because my order is tied to my AT&T account, it would take 24 hours after canceling before it detached from my AT&T account. That is probably what happened to you - you can't get the promo because even though you canceled your order, the part with your carrier is still tied to it and you probably have to wait the 24 hours. I didn't want to wait because Apple is now shipping at end of October and any wait I might have after canceling means I may not get the phone till end of October.
That makes sense, I';ll just have to wait and check stock tomorrow., Joy.,

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs
Is that your polite way of leaving ? Arenā€™t you going to wait for my white glove unboxing videos ?šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Iā€™m not leaving until I post my unboxing photos here. So Iā€™ll be sticking around here all day. Donā€™t forget to wait until I post my unboxing photos. Stay tuned!!!

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Iā€™ve had many iPhones over the years and have set them up in various different ways (i.e. setting up as new phone, restoring from backup or using data migration tool).

Iā€™m considering setting up as new this time and I want to make sure this is the way:

1. Unpair Apple Watch to create back up for that watch.

2. Make a back up to iCloud, in case something goes wrong.

3. Turn on new iPhone and choose set up as new once prompted.

4. Once set up, log in to iCloud from new iPhone to recover files, photos, settings, etcā€¦

5. Pair Apple Watch with new iPhone

Am I missing anything?

You wonā€™t pull settings from iCloud if you set up as new. Files, photos and anything else toggled for syncing yes, but settings no.

Reactions: Wolfs and ksujoel

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Iā€™ve had many iPhones over the years and have set them up in various different ways (i.e. setting up as new phone, restoring from backup or using data migration tool).

Iā€™m considering setting up as new this time and I want to make sure this is the way:

4. Once set up, log in to iCloud from new iPhone to recover files, photos, settings, etcā€¦

Am I missing anything?
@oops1975 Is this looking right to you?

coreytime

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Ordered two phones. Both were to be held. One is out for delivery. Iā€™m not home and canā€™t presign. Highly annoying when they donā€™t follow their own directions.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012

Am I missing anything?

You wonā€™t pull settings from iCloud if you set up as new. Files, photos and anything else toggled for syncing yes, but settings no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.