Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
0d411e79edd0f9277256120adac6e796.jpg

Yum

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
You wonā€™t pull settings from iCloud if you set up as new. Files, photos and anything else toggled for syncing yes, but settings no.
Ahhh, thatā€™s right, I remember that now. Iā€™ll need to go through all my settings to see what Iā€™m currently using and re-create those settings. Thanks for the reminder! Iā€™m assuming iCloud Keychain passwords, etc pull over once I log in?

Reactions: CarolG and Oridus
@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— is Iphone 15 pre-order thread up yet ?
Hahaha! Getting this thread up was a real struggle. The OG ones out there know. Went through a lot of hoops and a total war zone. But rest assured, it will be up next September when Apple announces the iPhone 15. We have to follow the rules. Thank you for all your support. I appreciate you!!

Cheers!

Last edited:

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
I canceled my order from Apple with T-mobile f financing to do in-store pickup, and now it wants me to upgrade to the regular Magenta Max plan from the Magenta Max 55+ plan to get the full $1000 trade-in credit. Beware if you're canceling and have that rate plan. It would cost me $11.96 more monthly now to get the phone.

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
Hereā€™s a new route route for me, UPS says east boston. Usually ups goes to Windsor Locks (Bradley airport in Ct) then to Stratford then out for delivery. Iā€™m sure it will make its way to Fairfield County tomorrow but man this is def a new route for UPS delivery to me.
Iā€™m in RI and mine went to windsor locks and then likely drive up to providence. I think is a normal route for me at least.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Iā€™ve had many iPhones over the years and have set them up in various different ways (i.e. setting up as new phone, restoring from backup or using data migration tool).

Iā€™m considering setting up as new this time and I want to make sure this is the way:

1. Unpair Apple Watch to create back up for that watch.

2. Make a back up to iCloud, in case something goes wrong.

3. Turn on new iPhone and choose set up as new once prompted.

4. Once set up, log in to iCloud from new iPhone to recover files, photos, settings, etcā€¦

5. Pair Apple Watch with new iPhone

Am I missing anything?
Just missing a step to update the new iPhone to the latest 16.0.1 via iTunes/Finder to fix activation issues so you should that before setting it up. After syncing with iCloud, youā€™ll still need to double check if Settings configurations (also email) are synced and migrate any Authenticator apps from old to new device.

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
That makes sense, I';ll just have to wait and check stock tomorrow., Joy.,
I used to work for Apple and these were always tough cases when things like this happened. Sometimes it would take a few hours for the change to push and have you be eligible for an upgrade again OR we've seen it take as long as 24-48 hours. I am in the same boat now as my shipping date is 9/28*10/3 but I am just hoping with people picking up in store instead of waiting it will just help to bump up my order for sooner delivery.

Reactions: Wolfs

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
Ahhh, thatā€™s right, I remember that now. Iā€™ll need to go through all my settings to see what Iā€™m currently using and re-create those settings. Thanks for the reminder! Iā€™m assuming iCloud Keychain passwords, etc pull over once I log in?

I believe keyhain will, yes, so long as you had a screen lock on the prior phone and can confirm it on the new phone when prompted during iCloud log in.

What Happened Today?

Day 6 is overā€¦ Ahhh, itā€™s getting closer and closer to an end. What an incredible day today. Today was a very special day for all of us. I can happily report that everyone that was stuck in Louisville, Kentucky was able to get out just fine. I was very happy that everyone managed to report their ā€œImport Scansā€ from Louisville, Kentucky successfully. I read all of them and said goodbyes, send all of you all good wishes. Your iPhone is almost home!

So, Iā€™m not good at math. But, Letā€™s talk about numbers. I will try to break it down and keep it short and simple. As of today, there are over 621,000 views, 806+ pages, and a whopping 20,000+ posts. I also wanted to let you know that today we broke records and hit a remarkable milestone. Creating this thread was not an easy task. Within just a week all of us came together and supported each other. I have a feeling, that this thread is probably the fastest thread that ever grew In such a shorter amount of time. So, thank you! It is an honor to have you all here.

iPhone Launch day! Sept 16th, 2022, Friday is going to be a very magical day. I hope you are ready for the new iPhone 14 Pro/Pro Max! Go Beyond, Go iPhone! Bring it home!!!

View attachment 2065870
If you have missed this post. Posted late last night. Everyone was asleep. Thank you!

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
Yes! I was able to secure a 512SB for pickup tomorrow at my local store. Hoping the person who helps us tonight when we pick up my wifeā€™s will be cool and let me grab minds since it says ready for pickup now! Canā€™t wait.

Reactions: Wolfs and ratspg

pbonitati

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2015
Rhode Island
Perks of WFH. I feel distracted as well and waiting to get those notifications from UPS that itā€™s out on delivery then watch that truck circles and dances around my neighborhood later. What a tease šŸ˜‘
Me too! I swear Iā€™m at the end of the drop offs! I do prefer Fedex just for this reason. FedEx never delivers to my house later than 2pm, never. Ups on the other hand could be 8 at worse. I may chase this guy down today honestly. Iā€™m getting off wfh at 2 and Iā€™m going heat sync this dude

Reactions: anjo10 and Wolfs
IT IS HERE. about set it up. I have mix feelings about my iPhone 13PM. He was great but it is time let him go. šŸ˜­šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚ View attachment 2066870
Itā€™s so pretty! Congratulations!!! šŸŽˆšŸ¾šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ another amazing year for you. Iā€™m so glad you finally got your iPhone 14 Pro Max. You were debating to get it or not but nothing comes between the iPhone. Please be here for the iPhone 15 pre-order. You are one of the OG ones. Canā€™t wait till you start posting pictures with your new iPhone. Good luck!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.