Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Ha! I have often wanted the ability to post more than one reaction too. 😁

Band is called Highland Ramblers (at one point, every member lived in the Highlands neighborhood - some still do).
Often referred to as just the Ramblers, they were a bluegrass band before me. Since adding a weird drummer with pretty eclectic taste + limited ability (lol), we've sort of morphed more into more of a Wilco-ish territory (I use that reference very loosely). All originals with some covers from Grateful Dead to Eddie Rabbit (yep) - almost any song is game. We're a 5-dad band, so it's a literal miracle we can still manage to get it together enough to gig. Nothing fancy. I just like playing.

And they is WAY too much about me in a thread not at all about me. LOL!! Sorry all. 😳🤪😂😂😂
I love this-not too much at all, I haven't been to Highland in ages. Still miss Bang! restaurant. Your kids are blessed to grow up with super cool dads! I love that you have made the band more eclectic. Do you guys set list or just wing it?

If I am getting to personal, please just tell me to stop. I love music and appreciate artistic talent, but I can't play an instrument or sing, and I can't even draw a stick figure.

To stay on topic, still waiting for the truck, wearing pants AND shirt!

• Haha
Reactions: lazyrighteye

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
fun to figure out before the transfer starts!

I'm using phone to phone transfer, but I forgot to change my photos from full size to optimize, remove all music, and remove all movies! So it has to transfer 750GB instead of maybe 200GB before I can do anything.

I've just canceled it to start over, hope that was the right move. yikes!
I now see it still wants 5 hours to transfer phone to phone, I think if i'd switched to optimized photos yesterday It would have been less data on the phone.

So iCloud restore it is, phone says i can use it in about 15 minutes while all other data and apps are transferred. Sheesh!

Reactions: SpecB and Wolfs

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
Purple wins!!

177332B2-588B-421B-A330-BC36FDA53A96.jpeg

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I love this-not too much at all, I haven't been to Highland in ages. Still miss Bang! restaurant. Your kids are blessed to grow up with super cool dads! I love that you have made the band more eclectic. Do you guys set list or just wing it?

If I am getting to personal, please just tell me to stop. I love music and appreciate artistic talent, but I can't play an instrument or sing, and I can't even draw a stick figure.

To stay on topic, still waiting for the truck, wearing pants AND shirt!
I'll keep it brief to spare those here. We typically have a setlist but it can be pretty loose. We have a guest Mando player sitting in this eve, so it should make for an unpredictable and fun eve.

Anyway, I'm going to work from the front porch and await a hopeful pre-gig delivery. C'mon delivery driver!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.