Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I have also received by by 10.30 CDT. I have 3.30 to 5.30 window.
Probably mixed mornings vs afternoon times over the years. But this is latest estimate I have gotten in some time. Wondering if they have lots of phones or lots of business to do first. My driver told me one year if there is an overnight package or mail in neighborhood then he will be in neighborhood and I get phone early. Not this year LOL

Reactions: Wolfs

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Hahaha, how do I laugh at and love this? I'm South Metro, what's your band? Drummers and Bass players have all the personality! Have a great show tonight!
Ha! I have often wanted the ability to post more than one reaction too. šŸ˜

Band is called Highland Ramblers (at one point, every member lived in the Highlands neighborhood - some still do).
Often referred to as just the Ramblers, they were a bluegrass band before me. Since adding a weird drummer with pretty eclectic taste + limited ability (lol), we've sort of morphed more into more of a Wilco-ish territory (I use that reference very loosely). All originals with some covers from Grateful Dead to Eddie Rabbit (yep) - almost any song is game. We're a 5-dad band, so it's a literal miracle we can still manage to get it together enough to gig. Nothing fancy. I just like playing.

And they is WAY too much about me in a thread not at all about me. LOL!! Sorry all. šŸ˜³šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

jphall

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2002
Ugh! I can't activate the eSIM until I update the iPhone, but I can't update it until it finishes the iCloud restore... HAHAHA
fun to figure out before the transfer starts!

I'm using phone to phone transfer, but I forgot to change my photos from full size to optimize, remove all music, and remove all movies! So it has to transfer 750GB instead of maybe 200GB before I can do anything.

I've just canceled it to start over, hope that was the right move. yikes!

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
normal - they have to follow a strict route based on package service level. They have preset stops that they cannot deviate from. It makes no sense when I see the package car pass my house twice and then deliver
So do you get priority if you upgrade to my choice premium?

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
When I worked for Apple we saw these delays all the time in getting the order cancelled and the upgrade added back to the account. Sometimes took hours, sometimes days It was beyond frustrating for our users.
Yep! I did a decade in telecom procurement for companies and ran into this with ATT on a weekly basis. Their systems are incredibly antiquated. Once you get to a certain part of the "upgrade" process ATT "parks" the mobile number. Meaning if you cancelled out of the order in their system your number remains in "parked" status for several days and you cannot perform another upgrade. We always had to escalate it to our "channel managers" to have them remove the parked status.

Terrible terrible system I dealt with for my decade of telecom agony lol

ETA: this is why I'll never use the big 3 and stick with prepaid and buy outright or utilize the 0% on the Apple Card. After my 10 years of service lol I can't handle post paid carrier shenanigans anymore :p

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
So, connect via wired to my Mac and update to 16.0.1 before setting it up? I didnā€™t know it could be updated without it being set up first! Iā€™m fairly savvy with tech, but I learned something new tod
Remember PCs can update before final setup so I could see it being a possibility.

Deep Purple Pro Max for my wife, Space Black Pro Max for me. She has forbade me from setting mine up until she gets home from work to do hers
View attachment 2067097
In no way I'm condoning or prompting you to disobey your wife!!! One could set it up, play with it, then do a hard reset when you think it's the appropriate time. I'm just saying! ;):cool:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.