Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Ha. I'm a drummer. My band has a gig at this cool neighbor music venue in Denver that is set to close for good at the end of the month. The end of an era. Honored to be helping them move on to the next adventures.

Speaking of... In honor of @Wolfs I shall now be receiving delivery sans pants!
All apologies to the delivery driver. šŸ˜‚
Hahaha, how do I laugh at and love this? I'm South Metro, what's your band? Drummers and Bass players have all the personality! Have a great show tonight!

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
HAPPY IPHONE 14 DAY FRIENDS

I just received my exciting email that my Silver 14 Pro will be available for pick up at the Apple Store. LOL.

I know it's fun and super exciting to track these beauties but this year I'm pretty grateful I didn't have it shipped to me. I couldn't afford to have the phone held at the Hub this year anyway and if they REQUIRE a signature I would have been screwed between work and home deliveries. Did Apple/UPS allow folks to waive the signature or was it even required at all? If they did require a signature on delivery, did they allow for it to be waived for FREE?

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
I saw my ups truck in town, stopped and grabbed it from the driver early.
I like the silver/white a lot
Many a cycle I have bene tempted to try the silver/white, and every year (except my 12 Pro - which was blue), I have gone with the darker option. This year is Space Black but I do have a soft spot for that silver/white aesthetic...
Enjoy!

Reactions: Bea220 and Wolfs

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Soooooo are you all setting yours up as new or copying from old phones. Part of me just wants to start fresh since everything is on iCloud.

Reactions: Wolfs
Those of you with the white phones, if the stainless steel bands start getting micro scratches - like the previous phones from the iPhone X-13 - I recommend buying this and buffing them out using a microfiber cloth. Worked for me when I had the white iPhone X. But this is why I steer clear of the white phones. Gets annoying. It is a beautiful color, tho.

View attachment 2067067
Thank you for sharing this. Iā€™m curious to know how durable the steel bands are on a white iPhone.

bwhinnen

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
McKinney
It seems mine is stuck in Kentucky for the foreseeable future. Makes me really happy knowing it arrived there on Tuesday and they cannot ship it out to me to arrive by the date it was originally due (today).

Super jealous of all you folks that are getting their phones when they were originally expected to arrive.

Not happy, Jan! (Aussie ex-pat living in the US, Aussie's will understand that reference).

• Angry

Bea220

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2020
SoCal
Those of you with the white phones, if the stainless steel bands start getting micro scratches - like the previous phones from the iPhone X-13 - I recommend buying this and buffing them out using a microfiber cloth. Worked for me when I had the white iPhone X. But this is why I steer clear of the white phones. Gets annoying. It is a beautiful color, tho.

View attachment 2067067
This is great! Thank you for the recommendation. I have the nifty $19 Apple cloth to pair with it. I went back to Silver this year from my Pacific Blue 12 Pro. Purple is just one of my least favorite colors but I'm sure the new color is a beauty, just not for me.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013

View attachment 2067067
I agree. I would 100% get the white/silver iPhone but don't want to deal with the micro scratches. They get them just from looking at it the wrong way. I feel like I would spend more time polishing it and worrying about it then actually enjoying and using it.

Wags

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2006
Nebraska, USA
wow... I ordered from Apple (and tied it to my AT&T account) but when I went to AT&T this morning there was a guy in the store next to me who ordered directly from AT&T with an Oct. delivery date and I heard them tell him he was not allowed to cancel his order and then pick one up in the store today. He said it was a new policy because it caused a backlog of orders and he walked out. I would have been allowed to do it since I ordered from Apple but they said there could be a waiting time before it detached from my AT&T account and I didn't want to risk it. I guess it worked for you because you canceled directly with AT&T (where I would be canceling with Apple) and then ordered from Apple.
Customer cancel order then come back. Sure AT&T does want to cancel then pay local rep commission.

philr5150

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
Omaha, NE
...I don't have time to...
491107-20;1618003063y;wm.jpg

iphone1027

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008

View attachment 2067067
Never used it on a phone, but have used it on car detailing jobs (mufflers, etc)- very good product.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I agree. I would 100% get the white/silver iPhone but don't want to deal with the micro scratches. They get them just from looking at it the wrong way. I feel like I would spend more time polishing it and worrying about it then actually enjoying and using it.
I'm fine with polishing. It's not like it gets that many microscratches on a frequent basis. Probably a quick buffer at your work desk every few weeks is fine.

Reactions: Bea220

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Still canā€™t track my packages on the live map. i hope my packages get delivered in the next 2 hours since one packages say 12:45pm and the other package at 1:30pm but if they are the same truck then those Tims do not matter
Same here but my window is 4:15-6:15. Latest I have experienced. I usually have the live map by now also. But itā€™s 11:05 cdt currently so 6 hours till the window. From what others said you wonā€™t get the option til truck is closer to your window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.