Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Quick question hopefully someone can answer for me. My current iPhone 12 Pro Max is still on iOS 15 as I wanted to use ios 16 for the first time on my new iPhone 14 pro max. Will this cause me any issues transferring to my new phone, specifically when transferring to esim? Thanks in advance!
I think the message on the new iPhone said it can transfer from iOS 11 or newer.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
View attachment 2067504
So as promised,
I got my phone, she and they got the Krispy Kremes.

I was the first in the building when she opened up, although no one behind me, and she said that she had about 20 other boxes like mine back there. She had only found out today that the iPhone was out today (silly android person), but seemed grateful for the impending sugar rush she and others will have.
That would be a tough one to trade away the KK :D

Looking good so happy for you!
@SoxX Thank you so muchh. It's been great having you around. This iPhone is everything. Congratulations again!!!

Reactions: Brad7 and Wolfs

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Yes. Mine has been since 5am eastern time and no one can tell me where my phone is.
It's probably at your local UPS CC unless it missed a scan being loaded onto the truck. "Preparing for Delivery" means its at the CC waiting to be loaded onto a delivery vehicle.

chips99

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Would be interested in knowing if anyone tried Quick Transfer with a current phone that was already updated with iOS 16 and see if it allowed the transfer with the newer iOS on the current phone or if they updated the process and had the new phone do an auto-update prior to the Quick Start initializing?

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Mine will not get here until around 7PM lol. Maybe even rescheduled for tomorrow if a lot of people in my neighborhood are upgrading this year.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
FYI its not as dark as it appears in that photo. Its barely darker than a Graphite 13
Guess I have to go before next Fri then to see them in person. But then the issue with that is of course they will look better in the bright lights in the store.

Reactions: Wolfs

Koobs

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
Just an FYI if you use an apple leather case on the pro max your phone will be wobbly AF when you type on a flat surface. I am in the process of finding a new case.

• Sad
Reactions: compwiz1202

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
IMG_1082.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.