Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
DI did some kind of animation that made me go whoa and i canā€™t figure out what it was šŸ˜‚. the more we use it and as time goes on i have a feeling DI will be a complete game changer in future software updates.
Agreed. It feels very weird (but fun) to be able to interact what has been notch area for the last 5 years, and just straight bezel before that. I also noticed a funny habit I didnā€™t realize I have - Iā€™ve been so used to tapping on the bottom of the notch to take me to the top of the page, but the bottom of the island doesnā€™t do that. Now you have to reach above it since the bottom of the island is no longer the top of the screen.

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
They lost mine for 3 hours this morning at my local CC.... Finally got a call... after going home and contacting Apple for a replacement...that they found it.... Picked it up...and everything else went smoothly. Hope yours gets to you soon.

I was able to pick up mine today at the CC location. I put in a request around 3 and they called me an hour later to let me know I could pick it up at 5:30. It wasnā€™t too much of a hassle.

The only issue with mine is the CC near me closes at 6 (now closed). They do have an hour for appointments from 7-8 though. I'm hoping someone calls me and I'm able to pick it up during that possible golden hour... Tracking info still says "The package is not yet available for you to pick up. This status will be updated when the package is available." Messaged showed up when I placed the phone to be picked up around 4pm and hasn't changed since.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I have migrated everything from old iPhone to new iPhone. Cellular is activated on new iPhone and I have confirmed that eSIM is activated, but get this pop up when I try to make a call. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 9CE5F54A-F41E-4C0C-9F33-7B60CB70CC6B.jpeg
    9CE5F54A-F41E-4C0C-9F33-7B60CB70CC6B.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 73
My pictures arenā€™t doing this lovely Deep Purple justice. Itā€™s beautiful! Canā€™t wait to see it in daylight! And yes, sparkle, sparkle! āœØāœØāœØ

View attachment 2068607 View attachment 2068608 View attachment 2068609
Woo hoo! Itā€™s so beautiful. The purple hits so differently. Impactful! Congratulations! Thank you for joining and I hope you are ready for next year. All the best with the new job. You are going to kill it. Best wishes!!

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
Any word from UPS on what's going on?
Nope. Follow My Delivery is frustrating. So close and then goes away. The truck is getting closer to my street now. Fingers crossed!

it finally arrived!!! YIPPEEE!

Driver wouldnā€™t take the $20. He said he still has lots to deliver this evening. He also said do not pay any attention to the Delivery Window. They canā€™t predict what will happen.

Last edited:

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
The only issue with mine is the CC near me closes at 6 (now closed). They do have an hour for appointments from 7-8 though. I'm hoping someone calls me and I'm able to pick it up during that possible golden hour... Tracking info still says "The package is not yet available for you to pick up. This status will be updated when the package is available." Messaged showed up when I placed the phone to be picked up around 4pm and hasn't changed since.

Just show up at 7 and wait for it if itā€™s not ready yet.

Reactions: t1m1t

Ronald Reagan

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2016
Anyone have advice for someone who got a UPS notice on the door because the receiver was at work. Called UPS who sent two urgent notices to have the local UPS center call the receiver, which of course never happened. UPS is saying they wonā€™t deliver on Saturday, only Monday, the next business day.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Picked mine up at the store at around 1PM EST. Forgot how LONG it takes to set up an iPhone restoring from backup. Ended up leaving the store (only have an hour for lunch, not two) only to find out that I was unable to log in without a nearby Apple device for an authorization code. Ended up having to change my password as that was the only option.

Bought the clear Apple case. Lousy fit and WAY too slippery. Back to black leather case again.

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
After waiting the whole day for the ups driver to grace me with his presence i went out and found him and got my phones lol
Did this when AirPods first came out, called UPS, got them to tell me where the truck was last know to have been, and my partner and I went out on the hunt. About 30 mins later, we had our AirPods. The look on the driverā€™s face when we approached him with our IDs out and ready šŸ˜…

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
I have migrated everything from old iPhone to new iPhone. Cellular is activated on new iPhone and I have confirmed that eSIM is activated, but get this pop up when I try to make a call. Any ideas?
I got that to once I moved the sim over from physical to e-sim. Itā€™s because the last time you called that number it was on your old sim. Kinda a pain but it doesnā€™t last long.

Reactions: sawah

keith34595

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2006
I was sitting at home from 12:00 with an expected 2:45-6:45 delivery. At 6:15 my delivery status from UPS was updated to delivery Monday for the same ****ing window. This was my first new iPhone in 4 years and the first I have ever ordered and was suppose to get on launch day. This ****ing sucks.

Apple should contract with someone else next year.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Woo hoo! Itā€™s so beautiful. The purple hits so differently. Impactful! Congratulations! Thank you for joining and I hope you are ready for next year. All the best with the new job. You are going to kill it. Best wishes!!

Still here for a while longer. I'm installing the screen protector and getting ready to do the transfer. Waiting on you to get your new phones too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.