Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I got that to once I moved the sim over from physical to e-sim. Itā€™s because the last time you called that number it was on your old sim. Kinda a pain but it doesnā€™t last long.
I got it figured out, I just erased all the old calls in my recents and that solved the issue.

BTW, how did you set your new phone up? Did you do data migration, set up as new or use iCloud backup? I was going to set up as new, but decided to just use Data Migration and that seemed to work well. When it came time to erasing my old iPhone, I chose "Erase data but keep eSIM" as opposed to "Erase Data and Delete eSIM". Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Ladyc0524

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
a0ffa94e070c57ebc1eb62144da29fa5.jpg

Excuse the mess on my bed

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
So, after 3 trips to the Apple store (an hour drive each way) I am finally home with my phone. I'll save you a very long story and just say that I learned in-store pickups for iUP phones must be traded in at the store. It would have been nice if my in-store rep knew this before sending me on my way.

Not to be that douche, but why put a new person in charge of pickup orders on a launch day? I totally get they need to learn, but damn. And it definitely wasn't due to them being understaffedā€”there was a ton of employees, including numerous managers (my rep was constantly going over to them for help because he couldn't get past both of my orders being under one name.

But, in the end, my partner and I have our phones (plus two free chargers), which I am grateful for. The purple really is striking. Now to start obsessively tracking my AW Ultra, which is currently sitting in Jiaxing, China.

Last edited:

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Yay! Congratulations!! Thank you for always supporting and being there for me. You are also one of the OG ones. Itā€™s been great hanging out with you. Thank you for all your encouragement. Please donā€™t forget to check out my unboxing. I need your blessings as well.

Curious to see what ur going to think about AW 8. Congrats again and well wishes until next year. Cheers! šŸ„²
Iā€™m loving the Space Black iPhone! It actually feels lighter than the 13, if thatā€™s possible. I LOVE the midnight color on my series 8 AW , as well.

Attachments

• A9561B31-6BC5-4435-A7A3-94954C102AA5.jpeg
    A9561B31-6BC5-4435-A7A3-94954C102AA5.jpeg
    370.3 KB · Views: 50

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
I got it figured out, I just erased all the old calls in my recents and that solved the issue.

BTW, how did you set your new phone up? Did you do data migration, set up as new or use iCloud backup? I was going to set up as new, but decided to just use Data Migration and that seemed to work well. When it came time to erasing my old iPhone, I chose "Erase data but keep eSIM" as opposed to "Erase Data and Delete eSIM". Not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Thatā€™s a great question. I converted the sim on my 12 PM but havenā€™t received my new device yet. I would think to erase the esim since itā€™s your old phone? Can anyone chime in here?

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Set up was smooth. Added my 2 Apple watches with no problem. Only issue is that the side button to turn the phone on is difficult to use. Not a problem with the phone, but the Apple leather case. May try to exchange it. I looked at the phone once and the always on display was off. Hasn't done it again but I'm watching it. Overall very pleased with the phone so far.

Iā€™m loving the Space Black iPhone! It actually feels lighter than the 13, if thatā€™s possible. I LOVE the midnight color on my series 8 AW , as well.
Nice watch! Haha! You were going back in forth with the color purple or space black. I had a feeling you were going to like the space black. Good choice!

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Last edited:

NocturnalJazz

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Ugh. Missed my delivery by 3 minutes.

Ups Site didnā€™t say it would require signature but I guess the driver made that choice.

They will try to deliver again tomorrow. Just in case, I ordered a 256 black for pickup at an apple store about 30 minutes away for tomorrow afternoon. Just stinks their taxes come out to be $20 more than the delivery.
Woah. UPS came in clutch. The driver came around for a 2nd delivery attempt 4 hours later.

Thanks UPS!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.