Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

iPhoneuser2014

macrumors member
May 18, 2014
anyone elseā€™s ups guy sign for and leave their iPhone on the porch?
Didnā€™t pre sign or anything and he just left it there
He is used to me tracking him down yearly with goodies in exchange for my phone but no one was home
All was well though the phone was safe and is setting
Up as we speak šŸ˜€

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
when I contacted UPS about follow my delivery was not working I said other people had the same service level of shipping and there follow my delivery was working. This what they told me

Please note, Follow My Delivery feature is not avaiable for all the shipping method or packages. For this reason, you cannot check this package on the map. I am sorry. -- Sasha. That is not right since other people had the same and their map tracking was working
well for me my window of arrival was 4:15-6:15 PM cdt. And as many said this would not work until about hour or less than the shipping window. It started working for me about half hour before. Truck was within mile or two and slowly moving towards me. The updates on location occasionally required a manual refresh. Then when he got close it did not keep up he did house up road 200 feed, turned (I saw him) went up hill from me did one delivery and then quickly came back and delivered to me. All the time location was off by three stops. So I suspect we overloaded the system somewhat as well

Last edited:
Reactions: DianaMR

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
giphy.gif

t1m1t

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2011
So after talking to UPS on the phone, it looks like no one knows where my phone is. One person said possibly on the truck just lost among the packages, one said on another truck, one said possibly still being authorized, and another said possibly still on pallet in the warehouse. I put a hold on the delivery so that it can be picked up today. They charged me $5.99. We shall see what happens.

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Has your status changed?

I, too, had a 9/16 date, which earlier this week changed to 9/27-9/29. Overnight, I was charged, and the status changed to ā€œPreparing to Ship,ā€ although the dates still show 9/27-9/29.
I was out 9/28-10/3 and I moved to PFS too today. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll wake up to tracking info using a reference number. Sounds like a big wave is coming with lots of bumped up dates.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Is this even enough storage should I return it and get 512 GB or wait till next year and see how much I filed ?

Attachments

• 0B0B6752-B778-4AD5-9A92-149659907BEB.png
    0B0B6752-B778-4AD5-9A92-149659907BEB.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 64

peterlaca

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
So after talking to UPS on the phone, it looks like no one knows where my phone is. One person said possibly on the truck just lost among the packages, one said on another truck, one said possibly still being authorized, and another said possibly still on pallet in the warehouse. I put a hold on the delivery so that it can be picked up today. They charged me $5.99. We shall see what happens.
They lost mine for 3 hours this morning at my local CC.... Finally got a call... after going home and contacting Apple for a replacement...that they found it.... Picked it up...and everything else went smoothly. Hope yours gets to you soon.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
anyone elseā€™s ups guy sign for and leave their iPhone on the porch?
Didnā€™t pre sign or anything and he just left it there
He is used to me tracking him down yearly with goodies in exchange for my phone but no one was home
All was well though the phone was safe and is setting
Up as we speak šŸ˜€
UPS always just leaves packages on our porch. we will see what he does with my purple iPhone if it ever arrives today!

Aggie2010

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2016
I was able to pick up mine today at the CC location. I put in a request around 3 and they called me an hour later to let me know I could pick it up at 5:30. It wasnā€™t too much of a hassle.

OmahaGTP

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
LOL. Thanks to the person who said they gave the UPS driver $20. They indeed have had a hard day today. I have a $20 ready to give to my driver as well. Good idea!

IF he ever shows up! He was 2 houses away and now in a different area! SMH
šŸ‘‹ I think that was me, but I only said it nudge others to consider the same, it worked! :cool:

• Love
Reactions: sawah and CarolG

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
Iā€™m loving my Deep Purple. I had some issues earlier activating eSim and had no service for several hours. Itā€™s all worked out now.
so happy you got it resolved. now you can get the full use out of it. setup was a bit frustrating until i realized i had to log into t-mobile and add it under my number. the QR code activation didnā€™t work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.