Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

SoxX

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
Mesa, AZ
when I contacted UPS about follow my delivery was not working I said other people had the same service level of shipping and there follow my delivery was working. This what they told me

Please note, Follow My Delivery feature is not avaiable for all the shipping method or packages. For this reason, you cannot check this package on the map. I am sorry. -- Sasha. That is not right since other people had the same and their map tracking was working
That sounds like they are giving you the run around. šŸ¤”

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
I knew things were going too well. We just picked up hubbyā€™s phone that I ordered this morning. I hit the cancel on the original order on our way to the store and it told me it couldnā€™t confirm. Found out it was in the process of switching to preparing to ship at that moment so couldnā€™t cancel and will now have to go through the whole return process after it arrives. . Had he known it was getting ready to ship, he wouldā€™ve just waited for it but the delivery date was 9/28-10/3 and no one had mentioned that group getting moved up. Oh well, just an extra hassle. At least we both now have the new phones.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
hows everyone liking their new phones? satisfied? iā€™m beyond pleased and pleasantly shocked how much iā€™m loving this Deep Purple.

Very few differences from my 13 Pro so far, but Iā€™m liking the island a lot, the deep purple, and Iā€™m like AOD more than I thought I would. I thought Iā€™d turn it off, but right now, I enjoy it!

So far, the dynamic island happens less often than I was expecting too. I wonder how much itā€™ll get used for me.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Kinda. Almost here. They made a detour to Jack in the Box for an hour after being a few houses down. Probably needed a break from the crazy day theyā€™re having. Poor workers!

Thankfully itā€™s cooling off, and itā€™s not 110 here anymore! Very excited. Deep Purple here we come!
Same as mine but that guy hasn't moved for last 15 minutes.

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Speck Presido Clear case.

Attachments

• 85F8EFA0-0E4F-41B0-88CD-61D4EF0B1A57.jpeg
    85F8EFA0-0E4F-41B0-88CD-61D4EF0B1A57.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 49

dustyblueheron

macrumors regular
May 15, 2015
Minnesota
Patience required for this phone restoration process. 4 hours down -- still 1.5 GB left to restore from iCloud. I am so tempted to pull the plug and get back to trying to fix my Watch mess. Patience . . . Should just wait overnight, probably, and see if net congestion is a factor for iCloud. This is the first time I've had any problems with a new phone start-up. Perhaps have just been lucky and it's now my turn!

Uccle

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2012
i Think long time ago I had something delivered after 7pm
For me it was just last week. I frequently get stuff after 9. My delivery window for this iPhone is 5:30-8:30pm so i'm hoping it shows up before midnightšŸ™„ and no, I'm not in a beautiful rural area. In fact, I'm within spitting distance of Tim Cook's house. Well, not in his neighborhood, but you know what I mean...

Reactions: iHeartsteve

gomichaelgo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Just got my phone. i wish Apple was more clear on requirements and whats needed when transferring devices. i had sold my old phone 2 days ago fyi. i backed it up and thought i was prepared for an easy process.

At the apple store today i attempted a restore of my icloud to the new phone. First roadblock was that it required 2 factor authentication to set up the phone. I didn't have my old phone, and don't have a computer or device that could authenticate. The option was a text and that was it. No one at apple could help, and they suggested I call Apple tech support. They let me use a phone and I called them. This was a joke. The gal on the phone didn't truly understand the issue, and kept suggesting I just pop my old sim into the new phone. I kindly suggested back to her that wasn't an option on the 14 and had to inform her no physical sim tray existed.

I left Apple a bit flustered, and headed to Verizon. This is where I hit another roadblock. They were happy to help transfer my SIM to an eSIM in store but had to verify my account by texting me. I explained I didn't have a phone to do this and they wouldn't allow me to put my physical sim into a device there to get the text for security reasons. They did suggest to send the verification text to someone else on my plan, and this worked and they were able to successfully transfer to eSIM. From there it was fairly normal and my phone continued the transfer.

I am not sure if I was in an extreme minority of customers that don't have the old device to get through these 2FA things, but glad it worked in the end. I just think Apple, and carriers should be more direct with customers upgrading to any phone from a physical to eSIM to make it easier.

ilex27

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2020
Patience required for this phone restoration process. 4 hours down -- still 1.5 GB left to restore from iCloud. I am so tempted to pull the plug and get back to trying to fix my Watch mess. Patience . . . Should just wait overnight, probably, and see if net congestion is a factor for iCloud. This is the first time I've had any problems with a new phone start-up. Perhaps have just been lucky and it's now my turn!
Right? OMG! I dont recall it taking so long last year!

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
I was suppose to have mine today when ordered through Apple with in two minutes of pre order. Got delayed to 27-29 BUT, it has hit preparing to ship today. Looks like it is coming much sooner. So if you got hit like me even though it said the 16th when ordered. Itā€™s definitely going out sooner then later.
Same boat. Did you get any more info? Iā€™ve tried to track by reference with my phone # and order number and with dropping the last 2 digits with no luck. I wonder if they are stateside already or coming from China. Can you post when you see more movement?

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
I knew things were going too well. We just picked up hubbyā€™s phone that I ordered this morning. I hit the cancel on the original order on our way to the store and it told me it couldnā€™t confirm. Found out it was in the process of switching to preparing to ship at that moment so couldnā€™t cancel and will now have to go through the whole return process after it arrives. . Had he known it was getting ready to ship, he wouldā€™ve just waited for it but the delivery date was 9/28-10/3 and no one had mentioned that group getting moved up. Oh well, just an extra hassle. At least we both now have the new phones.
I think everyone in that group got moved to PFS today. I havenā€™t heard of anymore movement and Iā€™ve been checking constantly.

Reactions: DianaMR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.