Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Some more detailed and interesting reviews coming out today on the Pro Line. This one has lots of good info on what is improved with cameras, even better than initial reviews and apples Tuesday show:

Colbyd49

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
so friday delivery is a possibility (i hope)
For sure. I could be wrong and maybe it doesn’t apply to everyone but I think a few pages back someone is getting their phone today and it was in Louisville last night. It’s possible a few of us get our phones tomorrow.

Reactions: vit_don

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
For those setting up soon this review below was good especially if you will be moving from sim to esim. He had issues (he was with one of the small companies and the attempt to activate and move to esim was not good for him). Some other interesting points. He is going to do a major camera review soon will be looking for that also

Reactions: Chasemk27

peterlaca

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Wow...It's amazing how all the trollers and purveyors of negativity come out after a new iPhone hits the market.
You would think that the new iPhone was a complete piece of junk plagued by a multitude of problems, issues, and shortcomings. It makes me wonder if Samsung pays trollers to create an atmosphere of distrust in order to boost their own offerings....
Personally, I love my new 14 Pro Max...and consider it the BEST iPhone to date....

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Wow...It's amazing how all the trollers and purveyors of negativity come out after a new iPhone hits the market.
You would think that the new iPhone was a complete piece of junk plagued by a multitude of problems, issues, and shortcomings. It makes me wonder if Samsung pays trollers to create an atmosphere of distrust in order to boost their own offerings....
Personally, I love my new 14 Pro Max...and consider it the BEST iPhone to date....
Same here

Reactions: peterlaca

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Sure is the best to date!

Also long live the PURP!!

notasheep

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2022
It’s in the air to anchorage right now. It’ll land in roughly 3 hours.
Don't think so tbh. The flight you are referring to is UPS99, departed at 10:16. Looks like the flight the next batch will be on is UPS89, then go to to Louisville via flight 197.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I've seen more issues than usual this time. The one that bugs me is people complaining about a feature you can toggle off, even before it came out. And in multiple threads. Evem hijacking ones that have nothing to do with it.

Reactions: peterlaca

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I've seen more issues than usual this time. The one that bugs me is people complaining about a feature you can toggle off, even before it came out. And in multiple threads. Evem hijacking ones that have nothing to do with it.

The only issue I had was activating the eSim. My 12PM is still on iOS 14.1 and jailbroken, so I couldn’t upgrade to iOS 16 without iTunes, which I don’t have right now, so I had to finally call a tech to fully activate within 30 minutes, after the Verizon store tried for 2 hours. Needless to say, I’ve been happy ever since, and am not reading any of the negative threads where people are looking for problems.

Reactions: compwiz1202

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
What’s the ETA for you? And what country was it scanned in?
last two entries from the UPSMychoice:

09/21/2022
11:45 A.M.
Cleared Import Customs
Your package has cleared customs and is on the way.
09/21/2022
11:30 P.M.
On the Way
Departed from Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
saying: Cleared Import customs
still shows:

Watchlist Options
Your shipment from
AI

Estimated delivery
Monday, September 26 between 12:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

notasheep

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2022
last two entries from the UPSMychoice:

09/21/2022
11:45 A.M.
Cleared Import Customs
09/21/2022
11:30 P.M.
On the Way
Departed from Facility
Incheon, Korea, Republic of
saying: Cleared Import customs
still shows:

Watchlist Options
Your shipment from
AI

Estimated delivery
Monday, September 26 between 12:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Yeah it’s definitely not going to be coming on Friday for people at this stage, I don’t see why it can’t come on Saturday but it likely won’t.

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah it’s definitely not going to be coming on Friday for people at this stage, I don’t see why it can’t come on Saturday but it likely won’t.
it's been jumping all over for the past 2-3 days. if it's in AK, we can assume it'll be in KY later today with a good chance getting to us by 9/23.

Reactions: Wxchaser

notasheep

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2022
it's been jumping all over for the past 2-3 days. if it's in AK, we can assume it'll be in KY later today with a good chance getting to us by 9/23.
Assuming it’s already in the US there is a better chance. But I don’t believe the phones that were held in Korea yesterday are in the US or entering the US until 11:20PM in Anchorage.

vit_don

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2017
Assuming it’s already in the US there is a better chance. But I don’t believe the phones that were held in Korea yesterday are in the US or entering the US until 11:20PM in Anchorage.
at this point we are 5 days away from monday with no stock of 14pm anywhere. i guess, i am waiting until monday :)

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Well I have a Korea departure scan from earlier so it certainly is no longer there. We'll see shortly if it lands in AK, but I don't see a reason that it wouldn't...

notasheep

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2022
Well I have a Korea departure scan from earlier so it certainly is no longer there. We'll see shortly if it lands in AK, but I don't see a reason that it wouldn't...
The departure scan was after the aircraft departed. Assuming it’s correct it’s not on UPS flight 99 which is touching down in Alaska shortly.

Tiana_olivea

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2022
New Jersey, USA
I’m sure it’ll be tomorrow!!! Take some unboxing pics!!
Here she is !! Lol I really love this color first time getting gold!

Attachments

• 1CCB98E4-3D1F-4D58-A6D5-46D9133A66B2.jpeg
    1CCB98E4-3D1F-4D58-A6D5-46D9133A66B2.jpeg
    792.7 KB · Views: 67
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.